or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 505  

post #7561 of 78724
@Pembers,

Considering what you paid, that's quite good. Were the shoes included in the £50?

Not a big fan of the tie. A bit "loud" for the generally accepted Style Forum aesthetic.
post #7562 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound35 View Post

@Pembers,

Considering what you paid, that's quite good. Were the shoes included in the £50?

Not a big fan of the tie. A bit "loud" for the generally accepted Style Forum aesthetic.

Thanks for the reply, Southbound. Yep, shoes included in the £50. They'd been worn once when I bought em.

As for the tie, I see what you mean - although I do think it's nice (especially up close). I find that the high-quality ties that appear cheap on ebay and in local chariy shops tend to be quite loud though; I've been looking for a solid black or navy grenadine for ages. Given greater resources, I'd go for a very understated look most of the time, I think.
post #7563 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Also, Spoo, don't you have matching or very similar pants to that madras SC you posted yesterday? The thought of that as a suit causes the mind to reel.

I do have similar pants, but they are not a suit. The jacket was RL, the pants are Zanella. I wonder how that would look together though... shog[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound35 View Post

A bit "loud" for the generally accepted Style Forum aesthetic.

ORLY?
post #7564 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


I do have similar pants, but they are not a suit. The jacket was RL, the pants are Zanella. I wonder how that would look together though... shog[1].gif

You must to do it! And then post pics. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #7565 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post


Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? Your measurements seem to be similar to mine, with shoe size being a exception (by half a size).

Im 6'1, about 162 lbs. This would make you a perfect candidate for my future closet sales if you are the same size icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

No way, you're taller than I and about the same weight?! That would make you thinner. Weird... and you wear size 38/40 while I wear 36/38? Are you sure you're not underestimating your weight?
post #7566 of 78724
To try out the new forum-features: at the Wedding of some friends at Bad Ischl the other weekend (Entrance to the Kaiservilla):
500
post #7567 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


No way, you're taller than I and about the same weight?! That would make you thinner. Weird... and you wear size 38/40 while I wear 36/38? Are you sure you're not underestimating your weight?

Swear to you man. Just got on the scale this morning. I was 175 about 2 months ago, but I just lost 10 pounds, so I would say I am a solid 38 for the moment.
post #7568 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembers View Post

hdp0122.jpg
I hate that tie, Pembers, but that's mostly because it's the kind of thing I used to wear before my SF conversion experience. I respectfully request that you post slightly larger images in the future so that us old folks don't have to fetch our reading glasses in order to offer a critique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembers View Post

I've been looking for a solid black or navy grenadine for ages.
Get a navy grenadine RIGHT NOW from Kent Wang or Sam Hober. Disregard the cost. You will wear it frequently and you will have it the rest of your life.
post #7569 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post

Breaking some rule & blowing some Meh Minds
110714159.jpg

Yes! Thank you for that! I started a thread recently, wondering if I should buy an odd jacket exactly like yours. I was going to wear it with dark jeans. I ended up buying it, it's in the mail. I can see that I was right and it can be done. I will DTO this, if you don't mind, since I was intending to wear a combo like that anyway. happy.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Swear to you man. Just got on the scale this morning. I was 175 about 2 months ago, but I just lost 10 pounds, so I would say I am a solid 38 for the moment.

Just stepped on the scales; they showed 162 lbs. I am 5'10". I suppose it makes sense... especially because I'm heavier in the legs and butt and smaller in the upper body. I suppose I should start looking forward to your sales again. nod[1].gif
post #7570 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

Just stepped on the scales; they showed 162 lbs. I am 5'10". I suppose it makes sense... especially because I'm heavier in the legs and butt and smaller in the upper body. I suppose I should start looking forward to your sales again. nod[1].gif

If it makes you feel better, I cant dance worth a shit. You win there.
post #7571 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


If it makes you feel better, I cant dance worth a shit. You win there.

I win teh gayness.
post #7572 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


If it makes you feel better, I cant dance worth a shit.

Everyone can two-step.

tom_cruise_dancing_gif.gif?w=320&h=240
post #7573 of 78724
Im lucky if I can get the guy on the far lefts moves down pat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


I win teh gayness.

You said it, not me. OLE!
post #7574 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

I hate that tie, Pembers, but that's mostly because it's the kind of thing I used to wear before my SF conversion experience. I respectfully request that you post slightly larger images in the future so that us old folks don't have to fetch our reading glasses in order to offer a critique.

Get a navy grenadine RIGHT NOW from Kent Wang or Sam Hober. Disregard the cost. You will wear it frequently and you will have it the rest of your life.

I'll seriously consider it, would really love one.

In the meantime, I'll post a fit wth a more sombre tie tomorrow...not that I don't stand by the green one. smile.gif
post #7575 of 78724
ovqxR.jpg

2U1wS.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III