Ah, a different fit of mine was quoted as I was making my post. I was referring to CP's post of the DB jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5037post #75541 of 787174/16/14 at 4:10ampost #75542 of 787174/16/14 at 4:13am
Good to hear from you. I know you have an excellent wardrobe so please share when you have the time.
Quote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
also, anyone know why @RDiaz stopped posting? i miss his fits.
I miss you guys as well :P
My life has changed and I'm basically poor now, and completely absorbed by work and other matters. No money for clothes, thus my interest in classic menswear as a hobby is fading. Hope better times will come. Or maybe I will switch from expensive MTM to thriftingpost #75543 of 787174/16/14 at 4:35ampost #75544 of 787174/16/14 at 4:37amQuote:
Money comes and goes. As long as you've got a good wardrobe you're always good to go (and we know you've got one)post #75545 of 787174/16/14 at 4:58ampost #75546 of 787174/16/14 at 5:27amSo, following the feedback and advice I received, I went shopping. Sleeves still need altering (only got it yesterday) and the shoulders may be a bit too wide but I think overall the fit is much better.
(apologies for the bathroom selfie)post #75547 of 787174/16/14 at 5:28ampost #75548 of 787174/16/14 at 5:34amQuote:
I'm afraid you have a huge collar gap.post #75549 of 787174/16/14 at 5:38am^What Anden said. Have you still got the receipt? The shoulders + the collar gap are too big problems to have an alterations tailor fix. You'd be doing yourself a favour by just exchanging it for something that sits right in the shoulders.post #75550 of 787174/16/14 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Sorry to hear that, and thank you. Mine is pretty much the opposite, moved to a new house with my woman. But the only income we have is mine, so €700 jackets are pretty much out of reach now!
Thanks and not to worry, man. That was quite a few years ago. Well recovered by now and married again. I mean who learns from their mistakes the first time?! ;)post #75551 of 787174/16/14 at 6:08ampost #75552 of 787174/16/14 at 6:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
I'm afraid you have a huge collar gap.
I think its because the button position is too high for your frame, so its pushing the top part of the collar out. Agreed, there's no way this jacket is going to properly fit you, so before you get it altered, bring it back and exchange it for something else. Did someone in the store help you with this? If so, see if you can get a refund and don't shop in that store again.post #75553 of 787174/16/14 at 6:17ampost #75554 of 787174/16/14 at 6:26amOriginally Posted by ejay1Originally Posted by Holdfast
Would you sir by chance know if Luxire produces shirts for Bugatchi Uomo? I recently procured this splendid shirt with seemingly the exact color, pattern, and paisley embroidery from Nordstrom Rack for a delightfully paltry sum.
Definitely the same fabric! It's very fun, isn't it. It could simply be that both Luxire and Bugatchi sourced from the same fabric supplier. Don't know.
You know, some here might look down on them, if they did them in a small enough size to fit me, I'd probably have one or two of these. They're OK for the price, and the styling is pretty decent.
Spring is definitely here! Able to wear white jeans for the first time this year, and also my new excellent Adire-dyed cotton tie from Tirailleur1/Post-Imperial. Square is from woe-is-me/Ikire Jones, from last year's collection and I'm thinking about getting another soon.post #75555 of 787174/16/14 at 6:26amQuote:
As u were .Quote:Originally Posted by eviltimeban
After the fun and games of recent days, I've decided to go for a more CBD, subdued, hopefully-coherent fit today. Appreciate the feedback.
is good ETBQuote:Originally Posted by Amar ezzahi
The Woolsilklinencashmere jacket of the day:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wow the blue and the linen work well together
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › NIKE Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...