Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:02 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5025post #75361 of 787224/14/14 at 5:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75362 of 787224/14/14 at 5:52am
Experimenting with a Nehru shirt:
Things I like:
- it's a very different, fresher vibe to normal shirt/tie looks. It's a very crisp look/feel; I actually feel "sharper".
- it's vaguely futuristic... or perhaps retro-futuristic might be more accurate, or even quasi-ecclesiastical. I like the "strangeness" a lot. It felt like I should be running some kind of orbital space platform.
- obviates the need to think about ties and squares, but in a good/positive choice way not a lazy way.
Things I'm not sure about:
- it's seriously different, perhaps excessively so for my lifestyle, though it hasn't attracted any askance glances so far.
Comments very welcome, either way.post #75363 of 787224/14/14 at 5:57ampost #75364 of 787224/14/14 at 5:57amQuote:
Thanks man. I'm not really a suit guy but SF influence has got me making a navy birdseye suit and I hope it comes out greatpost #75365 of 787224/14/14 at 6:17ampost #75366 of 787224/14/14 at 6:17ampost #75367 of 787224/14/14 at 6:20ampost #75368 of 787224/14/14 at 6:22ampost #75369 of 787224/14/14 at 6:27am
Hmm, I always think of Nehru collars as being very formal, given their use in weddings. Interesting.
Is this question meant for me?
If so, I'm not sure I get the question. If you mean at the collar, then yes, the band is high enough to appear above the jacket, same as a normal shirt's band would be.post #75370 of 787224/14/14 at 6:30amQuote:
Do you think a turtleneck would have gone with or is that incongruous as well due to the formality?post #75371 of 787224/14/14 at 6:38amQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Do you think a turtleneck would have gone with or is that incongruous as well due to the formality?
Relevant image, from December last year:post #75372 of 787224/14/14 at 6:41ampost #75373 of 787224/14/14 at 7:06amQuote:If so, I'm not sure I get the question. If you mean at the collar, then yes, the band is high enough to appear above the jacket, same as a normal shirt's band would be.
Yes, thanks, it was meant for you. I hit "reply" rather than quote. Sorry. I was merely wondering whether someone standing behind you would know you're wearing a shirt.
Acpost #75374 of 787224/14/14 at 7:08am
HF, I think the biggest issue with this fit is that you're wearing a chalk stripe suit, the epitome of business/city suits. Why not try the shirt with a plain light/medium grey suit if you're going for the futuristic look? Maybe something with a little mohair in it?post #75375 of 787224/14/14 at 7:10am
Thanks. It's very interesting hearing that; I would have thought the turtle would have been more controversial. I wonder if getting a higher band on the Nehru might alleviate some of the issue...
I have to say, I have a feeling that I will still wear it with formal suits anyway, just because it feels good on me and I like the look. But that doesn't mean I'm ignoring the feedback; keep it coming as it's useful to know the balance of popular opinion, regardless of whatever I finally decide.
The idea of a light/medium grey suit is good. I was thinking about trying it with a plain navy 2B too. I also have a checked grey mohair/wool DB awaiting alteration and was going to try that with it too, so that chimes with your suggestion too.
To Ac - yes, they can tell I'm wearing a shirt. I see what you mean now.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › looking for shirt 2 seconds ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 36 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...