Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5025post #75361 of 787234/14/14 at 5:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75362 of 787234/14/14 at 5:32ampost #75363 of 787234/14/14 at 5:52am
Experimenting with a Nehru shirt:
Things I like:
- it's a very different, fresher vibe to normal shirt/tie looks. It's a very crisp look/feel; I actually feel "sharper".
- it's vaguely futuristic... or perhaps retro-futuristic might be more accurate, or even quasi-ecclesiastical. I like the "strangeness" a lot. It felt like I should be running some kind of orbital space platform.
- obviates the need to think about ties and squares, but in a good/positive choice way not a lazy way.
Things I'm not sure about:
- it's seriously different, perhaps excessively so for my lifestyle, though it hasn't attracted any askance glances so far.
Comments very welcome, either way.post #75364 of 787234/14/14 at 5:57ampost #75365 of 787234/14/14 at 5:57amQuote:
Thanks man. I'm not really a suit guy but SF influence has got me making a navy birdseye suit and I hope it comes out greatpost #75366 of 787234/14/14 at 6:17ampost #75367 of 787234/14/14 at 6:17ampost #75368 of 787234/14/14 at 6:20ampost #75369 of 787234/14/14 at 6:22ampost #75370 of 787234/14/14 at 6:27am
Hmm, I always think of Nehru collars as being very formal, given their use in weddings. Interesting.
Is this question meant for me?
If so, I'm not sure I get the question. If you mean at the collar, then yes, the band is high enough to appear above the jacket, same as a normal shirt's band would be.post #75371 of 787234/14/14 at 6:30amQuote:
Do you think a turtleneck would have gone with or is that incongruous as well due to the formality?post #75372 of 787234/14/14 at 6:38amQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Do you think a turtleneck would have gone with or is that incongruous as well due to the formality?
Relevant image, from December last year:post #75373 of 787234/14/14 at 6:41ampost #75374 of 787234/14/14 at 7:06amQuote:If so, I'm not sure I get the question. If you mean at the collar, then yes, the band is high enough to appear above the jacket, same as a normal shirt's band would be.
Yes, thanks, it was meant for you. I hit "reply" rather than quote. Sorry. I was merely wondering whether someone standing behind you would know you're wearing a shirt.
Acpost #75375 of 787234/14/14 at 7:08am
HF, I think the biggest issue with this fit is that you're wearing a chalk stripe suit, the epitome of business/city suits. Why not try the shirt with a plain light/medium grey suit if you're going for the futuristic look? Maybe something with a little mohair in it?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Pentateuch for online acquisitions Mens Moose Knuckles 8 seconds ago
- › Pocket Squares - Breuer, Brioni, Drake's, Isaia 51 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › SALVATORE FERRAGAMO wool cashmere navy overcoat - Size 40 US / 50... 2 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)