Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5021post #75301 of 787224/12/14 at 3:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75302 of 787224/12/14 at 3:20pmpost #75303 of 787224/12/14 at 3:22pmpost #75304 of 787224/12/14 at 3:33pm
x-post from the Friday ChallengeQuote:Originally Posted by notjustties
This is my first challenge entry so far and I hope it's alright. I'm also still trying to figure out how to use a tripod properly.
Anyway, the sportscoat is a blend of new wool and cashmere.
SC - Corneliani
Shirt - Luxire
Pants/Belt - Suitsupply
Tie - Shibumi
PS - Trashnesspost #75305 of 787224/12/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Today is the first day of spring break for me, but I agreed to cover a class in the Bronx for a friend. Gotta get that money. Off on a road trip tomorrow.
Also, I picked up the tie this winter and I'm finally getting around to wearing it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Such a tie! Nice.post #75306 of 787224/12/14 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by jungleroller
That being said. I do have to ask you about your good ties vs bad ties Help me out here:
Your pick Good tie Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
all my picks were chosen simply based on the merit of the tie alone. i felt they were bad ties regardless of what they would be paired with. not all ugly per say, but bad.
as to that specific tie being good, see below.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by EFV
It's matte and the colours are relatively muted. The base colour is burgundy, which is as great a base colour as you can find in any tie. It's loud in patterns, and obviously won't be everyone's cup of tea, but all the colours are pretty compatible with a country palette (green, brown, orange etc).post #75307 of 787224/12/14 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by daDudeson
@stitchy, thank you
@YRR92, thank you for the input. I personally liked the shirt and tie as well as the jacket and tie. But I can see why the shirt may seem a little busy with the jacket to some. Still I'm not sure what's wrong with the shirt itself, I really like it :) perhaps you can explain?
change out the buttons to a contrasting brown horn may help dD, but really, a solid charcoal odd jacket, even when it fits as well as that one, is prob the least wearable u can have. Be good as part of a suit thoQuote:Originally Posted by jungleroller
@in stitches I think I get what your saying and thank you. Years ago it used to be where if you were dealt a comment of how or where to improve you should consider yourself fortunate? Even if it sucks to hear it, I always appreciate feedback or criticism as I think we're always learning. So thank you to yourself and to all the others in this thread for their feedback. I came into these forums after 10 years of working in the business world and kind of figuring things out on my own along the way and finally decided to step up my work wear game. I thought I had a good handle on colors and textures from having a background in painting/illustration/design but sometimes that doesn't translate into "classic" menswear. Admittedly I have a lot to learn and a long way to go. Within the boundaries of my budget, I'll get there. That being said. I do have to ask you about your good ties vs bad ties Help me out here:
Your pick Good tie
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm having a hard time understanding how the above is good and the other paisleys are bad? Is it due to the suit and ps?
apart from that it works with this tweed, this paisley's a two-tone. Narrow spectrum, matte, muted + paired with sedate fit = IMOpost #75308 of 787224/13/14 at 2:25ampost #75309 of 787224/13/14 at 3:21ampost #75310 of 787224/13/14 at 3:34ampost #75311 of 787224/13/14 at 5:18amThe poll is up for Friday Challenge 04/11/14 Seasons Change please vote now.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/386063/friday-challenge-04-11-14-seasons-change-challengepost #75312 of 787224/13/14 at 5:57ampost #75313 of 787224/13/14 at 6:31ampost #75314 of 787224/13/14 at 7:14am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread just now
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 6 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 19 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 59 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 1 minute ago
- › how does it fit? 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 24 OCTOBER 2014 ROCK YOUR BLOCK 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...