you can also cross post in the Mise en place thread in the food subforum, due to the food processor. Real talk.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5021post #75301 of 787214/12/14 at 3:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75302 of 787214/12/14 at 3:22pmpost #75303 of 787214/12/14 at 3:33pm
x-post from the Friday ChallengeQuote:Originally Posted by notjustties
This is my first challenge entry so far and I hope it's alright. I'm also still trying to figure out how to use a tripod properly.
Anyway, the sportscoat is a blend of new wool and cashmere.
SC - Corneliani
Shirt - Luxire
Pants/Belt - Suitsupply
Tie - Shibumi
PS - Trashnesspost #75304 of 787214/12/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Today is the first day of spring break for me, but I agreed to cover a class in the Bronx for a friend. Gotta get that money. Off on a road trip tomorrow.
Also, I picked up the tie this winter and I'm finally getting around to wearing it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Such a tie! Nice.post #75305 of 787214/12/14 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by jungleroller
That being said. I do have to ask you about your good ties vs bad ties Help me out here:
Your pick Good tie Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
all my picks were chosen simply based on the merit of the tie alone. i felt they were bad ties regardless of what they would be paired with. not all ugly per say, but bad.
as to that specific tie being good, see below.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by EFV
It's matte and the colours are relatively muted. The base colour is burgundy, which is as great a base colour as you can find in any tie. It's loud in patterns, and obviously won't be everyone's cup of tea, but all the colours are pretty compatible with a country palette (green, brown, orange etc).post #75306 of 787214/12/14 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by daDudeson
@stitchy, thank you
@YRR92, thank you for the input. I personally liked the shirt and tie as well as the jacket and tie. But I can see why the shirt may seem a little busy with the jacket to some. Still I'm not sure what's wrong with the shirt itself, I really like it :) perhaps you can explain?
change out the buttons to a contrasting brown horn may help dD, but really, a solid charcoal odd jacket, even when it fits as well as that one, is prob the least wearable u can have. Be good as part of a suit thoQuote:Originally Posted by jungleroller
@in stitches I think I get what your saying and thank you. Years ago it used to be where if you were dealt a comment of how or where to improve you should consider yourself fortunate? Even if it sucks to hear it, I always appreciate feedback or criticism as I think we're always learning. So thank you to yourself and to all the others in this thread for their feedback. I came into these forums after 10 years of working in the business world and kind of figuring things out on my own along the way and finally decided to step up my work wear game. I thought I had a good handle on colors and textures from having a background in painting/illustration/design but sometimes that doesn't translate into "classic" menswear. Admittedly I have a lot to learn and a long way to go. Within the boundaries of my budget, I'll get there. That being said. I do have to ask you about your good ties vs bad ties Help me out here:
Your pick Good tie
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm having a hard time understanding how the above is good and the other paisleys are bad? Is it due to the suit and ps?
apart from that it works with this tweed, this paisley's a two-tone. Narrow spectrum, matte, muted + paired with sedate fit = IMOpost #75307 of 787214/13/14 at 2:25ampost #75308 of 787214/13/14 at 3:21ampost #75309 of 787214/13/14 at 3:34ampost #75310 of 787214/13/14 at 5:18amThe poll is up for Friday Challenge 04/11/14 Seasons Change please vote now.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/386063/friday-challenge-04-11-14-seasons-change-challengepost #75311 of 787214/13/14 at 5:57ampost #75312 of 787214/13/14 at 6:31ampost #75313 of 787214/13/14 at 7:14ampost #75314 of 787214/13/14 at 9:46am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 23 seconds ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 38 seconds ago
- › New Bontoni Savearese II- Beautiful 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...