or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5013  

post #75181 of 78717

Thank you all for the thumbs up!

I am surprised at the reception that my WAYWRN got today.

 

I am in agreement with Stitchie. 

If someone gives you a freaking feedback, take it and make improvements. If all you're going to do in response to the feedbacks is to make excuses, then you might as well just create your own freaking thread and just post your ugly pictures there. I am not thinking of anyone when saying this. 

 

When I first came to SF, I looked like $hit and sometimes still do but with help from great people like Clags, Stitchie, Cleav, Nimo, Monkeyface, Betel, and many others, I have changed for the better. I came here to improve and posted fits in order to get feedbacks and improved my look based upon them. I certainly wasnt making stupid excuses like, "But I like this ugly@ss tie!"

 

And back then, WAYWRN used to be much tougher. I am not sure what happened. 

 

By the way, can someone find my first post? That would be pretty interesting to see now. 

post #75182 of 78717

Got this SC today cause I need spring/summer items... it's hot in Messico! The SC is a bit on the short side, like 0.5" or what I will like to use but I like it. Might need a slight take in from the waist. 

 

 

post #75183 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

 I am not thinking of anyone when saying this. 

 

 

Yeah right. ;)

post #75184 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

L2BR you really dedicated yourself to proving your point didn't you?

I still don't think all that means I haven't learned anything. I figure after nearly a year I know how to "do" SF approved looks, and I've posted them in the past. Like any good performer I can turn it on when I need to. 

However I shall refrain from posting these kinds of things from now on - I promise, you will never see my pink / light blue / green "bad" ties anymore. I'll just post my navy / grey / brown "good" ties. No more gingham or bold check shirts; just plain solids or subtle stripes. So you'll all be happy.

See?happy.gif  

You haven't learned anything, have you?
post #75185 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

Yeah right. wink.gif
Dude. I am dead serious.
post #75186 of 78717
Ian and Betel: Awesome fits!

Stitchy, I actually kinda liked this one from the "ugly" list (I like me some loud ties sometimes). Shouldn't be paired with worsted suits though: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

And #1 and 3 in this pic are pretty passable imho (the other 2 are the Antichrist of ties though):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #75187 of 78717

Thanks EFV!

post #75188 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

L2BR you really dedicated yourself to proving your point didn't you?

I still don't think all that means I haven't learned anything. I figure after nearly a year I know how to "do" SF approved looks, and I've posted them in the past. Like any good performer I can turn it on when I need to. 

However I shall refrain from posting these kinds of things from now on - I promise, you will never see my pink / light blue / green "bad" ties anymore. I'll just post my navy / grey / brown "good" ties. No more gingham or bold check shirts; just plain solids or subtle stripes. So you'll all be happy.

See?happy.gif  

You haven't learned anything, have you?

Of course I have. If you read what I'm saying you'll see that. I use SF for inspiration, to show me something interesting, the "wow" factor - and to be frank most posters don't really show that. The only consistently "wow" posters are Spoo, Timo, Gianni, Butler sometimes, and one or two others. If its more about toe-ing the party line, and doing what's expected of you, then perhaps I should be looking for something else.

 

If I were in a more bellegerent mood I'd go further but its Friday night, I've had some wine, I've a bunch of beers to drink and the Hobbit sequel to watch, so I won't.

 

In spite of it all, love to all of you.

 

ETB. x

post #75189 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

Of course I have. If you read what I'm saying you'll see that. I use SF for inspiration, to show me something interesting, the "wow" factor - and to be frank most posters don't really show that. The only consistently "wow" posters are Spoo, Timo, Gianni, Butler sometimes, and one or two others. If its more about toe-ing the party line, and doing what's expected of you, then perhaps I should be looking for something else.

If I were in a more bellegerent mood I'd go further but its Friday night, I've had some wine, I've a bunch of beers to drink and the Hobbit sequel to watch, so I won't.

In spite of it all, love to all of you.

ETB. x

You haven't learned anything, have you? biggrin.gif
post #75190 of 78717
glad that my post has been well received so far, thanks, guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Stitchy, I actually kinda liked this one from the "ugly" list (I like me some loud ties sometimes). Shouldn't be paired with worsted suits though: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

And #1 and 3 in this pic are pretty passable imho (the other 2 are the Antichrist of ties though):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

i was waiting for someone to touch on some of my inclusions. i dont really want to go through all of them because i dont think it really will do much good, but for you i will address those pics. also because it touches on something that i did with specific intent in those lists, as opposed to some of the others that were just chosen for being bad or good.

the first one in your post, that is an ugly tie. large prints like that are hard enough to be good and the shiny silk and pastel colors just kill it.

i actually specifically included a very similar tie from you. the pattern was just as large but the silk was soft and matte and the colors were darker and subtler. i find that ties like that almost exclusively work in dark purple, maroon and blue overtones. lets be honest, you would never wear that first tie in your post. there is a reason you ended up with the one you have, because you understand the difference i just laid out.

also, "kinda like" means not really like and i would never wear that but i dont hate it with a passion. so i think you knew the answer all along. smile.gif

the second pic i was only referencing the far right and second from left. not 1 and 3 from left that are indeed passable, though not "good" per say.

--

B - nice SC, but too boxy. needs a nip to give it some shape on you. as is it makes you look far less slender and tall than you are.
post #75191 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

B - nice SC, but too boxy. needs a nip to give it some shape on you. as is it makes you look far less slender and tall than you are.

 

Thanks estitchy! I will a nip the waist bit. :nodding:

post #75192 of 78717

@in stitches


DAMMIT STITCHY!

If you're going to put me on the bad list twice, atleast find ONE tie that I've worn that could go in the good list.

 

(I keeeedddd!!!)

post #75193 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

glad that my post has been well received so far, thanks, guys.

Good points Stitchy. How come when you're "being a dick" in a dick post I'm thinking "damn, Stitchy, what a nice guy"? lol8[1].gif In all honesty I can tell you are truly a nice fellow Stitch. inlove.gif Chag Pesach Sameach!
post #75194 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

@in stitches
DAMMIT STITCHY!
If you're going to put me on the bad list twice, atleast find ONE tie that I've worn that could go in the good list.
(I keeeedddd!!!)

sorry dood. was not intentional. evilbateman was the only one on both lists.

i picked the pics from the gallery list and i did not look to see who they were until i looked at the tabs after they were already open to copy the link.
post #75195 of 78717
I should edit your dick post just to show the masses what it would look like if I wrote it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III