or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5010  

post #75136 of 78717
pretty much, yeah.
post #75137 of 78717

Decided to break out the linen a bit too early. 

post #75138 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


rudals - nice fit, but you could benefit from a better camera angle. something more head on at chest level.
My Korean tripod isn't as good as other Kpods.
post #75139 of 78717
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

495 is the worst highway in the universe.

NoOOooOOo. It has been officially documented by those that document such thing that Los Angeles' 405 and 101 are the worse freeways in the world! God I hate LA!

Edit: I live in LA, so I get to have an opinion..and can compare the same to my living in San Francisco (10 years) and San Diego (9 years) which are so much better than anything about LA
Edited by Owen Meany - 4/11/14 at 8:23am
post #75140 of 78717
@shen - im also wearing linen!!!




post #75141 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post

Decided to break out the linen a bit too early.  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Nice SC!

Where from?
post #75142 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

@shen - im also wearing linen!!!



 

:fistbump:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post


Nice SC!

Where from?

Thanks! It's from Stile Latino.

post #75143 of 78717
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I used to have a shirt like that. Loved it. It really can only be used with with slick suits. But try going a shade or two lighter for the suit and use one with a more spaced-out stripe.

 

Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

@Cotton Dockers That green jacket is amazing.  I would rock that so hard.  I've been looking for one of those for a while.  Nice score.  

 

This must be the day for clothing flashbacks. I used to have a DB cashmere blazer with gold/enamelled buttons. Man, I miss that one too. As well as Masters week, it was good with light tan trousers and pale blue shirts.

 

Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
There was also some mention of not wearing a purple tie with a white shirt.

 

Dark purple and white is a very striking combo, and it fun to play up the imperial connotations. Good for an evening out. Your tie is a bit brighter though, and doesn't go quite as well against the white.

 

Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Solid, lighter grey trousers for this combo next time IMO. Top half is very Spring, but trousers are just too dark I think.

 

Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

At this point, I don't want to get suits that can't be worn as separates. For example, I'm really considering this as my first forray into Suit Supply because I can wear the pants separately.

 

Will you though, really? Every time I buy a suit thinking I'll wear it as separates, I end up never doing so.

 

Originally Posted by Amar ezzahi View Post

Tweed X Algerian Tailor:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
 

Decided to break out the linen a bit too early. 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

You two guys are my fave more recent posters in this thread; always interesting combinations (in different ways, obviously). Good stuff, keep it coming!!

 

 

 

 

 

Usually worn as a 3pc, but now the temps are climbing, can omit the waistcoat:

 

eoqiIRd.jpg

post #75144 of 78717

Recently folks posted a photo of  SF Member MaoMao, wearing the dark shirt/pleated trouser. 
My take on that today is a navy linen BD from Polo RL with white cotton trousers. Do you think white would be too aggressive? personally if I had a nice pair of light cream coloured trousers it would look a little more understated. 

 

Also, any suggestions for light cream trousers that are ready to hem?
 

post #75145 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
 

Will you though, really? Every time I buy a suit thinking I'll wear it as separates, I end up never doing so.

 

Whelp, I only have one light gray suit, and the pants get worn as separates more than the suit. The jacket doesn't get worn as a separate. I have the tweed, both halves get worn as separates. The mid blue linen, both the pants and the jacket have already seen use as separates. I have two navy suits whose jackets work well as separates (well, one works passably, with two patch pockets, while the other works well, 3 patch pockets and a lot of linen). The pants don't get worn though; I don't have the wherewithal to wear navy trousers.

 

In general, though, this simply means that I won't be buying a lot of suits. But with that SS, it's hard to see why I wouldn't wear them as separates.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnathor View Post
 

Recently folks posted a photo of  SF Member MaoMao, wearing the dark shirt/pleated trouser. 
My take on that today is a navy linen BD from Polo RL with white cotton trousers. Do you think white would be too aggressive? personally if I had a nice pair of light cream coloured trousers it would look a little more understated. 


I will be DTOing that maomao fit for shits and giggles. I'm curious to find out how I feel in it.

post #75146 of 78717

How the heck do I already have 16 thumbs up?! :lol:

post #75147 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Whelp, I only have one light gray suit, and the pants get worn as separates more than the suit. The jacket doesn't get worn as a separate. I have the tweed, both halves get worn as separates. The mid blue linen, both the pants and the jacket have already seen use as separates. I have two navy suits whose jackets work well as separates (well, one works passably, with two patch pockets, while the other works well, 3 patch pockets and a lot of linen). The pants don't get worn though; I don't have the wherewithal to wear navy trousers.

 

In general, though, this simply means that I won't be buying a lot of suits. But with that SS, it's hard to see why I wouldn't wear them as separates.

 


I will be DTOing that maomao fit for shits and giggles. I'm curious to find out how I feel in it.


DTO?


@arnathor pic?

post #75148 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

 

 

You two guys are my fave more recent posters in this thread; always interesting combinations (in different ways, obviously). Good stuff, keep it coming!!

 

:violin:

post #75149 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

How the heck do I already have 16 thumbs up?! :lol:

And I've none. :(

post #75150 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

How the heck do I already have 16 thumbs up?! :lol:


Because you didn't overthink the tie.


Oh, and you look like a bawse.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III