Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5008post #75106 of 787174/10/14 at 7:46pmIt looks better in the picture with the full silhouette, but still high. Unless God gave you commandments with tailoring instructions in them, I'd ask to have it lowered. But you like the way it divides your torso and lower body that is of course most important.post #75107 of 787174/10/14 at 8:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
That green jacket is amazing. I would rock that so hard. I've been looking for one of those for a while. Nice score.
Thanks, AAS. And others for their comments, negative or positive. To be clear, my plan is to rock this on 1) Masters week, 2) fancy summer WASP parties, and 3) invitations to ride on Al Czervick's boat.
Perhaps I will change out the gold buttons, but I was trying to have some fun today. Back to navy blazers on Monday!post #75108 of 787174/10/14 at 9:33pmpost #75109 of 787174/10/14 at 11:29pmpost #75110 of 787174/10/14 at 11:46pmQuote:Jealous, you see me.Originally Posted by EliodA
Thanks for the kind words. I don't believe there's a local tailor here who's capable of making a suit like this. And though the tropical wool makes it perfect for the climate here, it was made half a world way in Casalnuovo, Italy....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Is that an amazing thrift or did you "do" that yourself, travel, fittings and all?post #75111 of 787174/11/14 at 12:08amQuote:
CD- your judgement is usually spot on, but this is a tough-love situation. That green's just not gonna make it. Let it go, or give it to AAS.
convo'd with YRR earlier in the week about green SCs- they don't play well IMO. The one's that seem to work usually have quite a bit of moss or olive + other colors in tweedy patterns, but even then.. I'd like to see a good one.Quote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
you always present immaculately DC. Tie is outta place tho, IMO. I think it's because lite ties can look a little flamboyant against darkish complexionspost #75112 of 787174/11/14 at 12:20amQuote:
I am not very satisfied with the pics I shot today. The tie and shirt are a little bit darker in the reality. The second pic is the best one and here you can realize, that the shirt is light pink (on the other pics it seems to be white).post #75113 of 787174/11/14 at 12:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lest anyone tell you that SF discussions don't affect what I wear the next day, this addresses two birds with one stone. Stitchy and I had a brief discussion about the merits of a proper robo-pose (and what constitutes a robo-pose). He had in mind the at attention, arms directly at your side, fists clenched. I had in mind a more natural pose, the sort a tailor has you assume when you are measured. Standing as you would normally stand, arms hanging at your side. We both agree that either version of the pose isn't good for a picture in terms of feel. He dislikes the pose for fit reasons, but I held that there was no better pose from which one could conjecture how an item of clothing looks in a variety of positions as well as, perhaps most importantly, in movement.
There was also some mention of not wearing a purple tie with a white shirt. There is probably some credence to this in terms of a white shirt being formal and purple not being a formal color, but with the right approach, could probably be done well. I went with a linen-silk blend to bring the formality down a bit. The shirt, though white and spread collared, is oxford cloth. The suit is a linen-wool blend and the three patch pockets drop the formality further. So. I think it works. But I could be wrong.
This isn't Bntailor though?post #75114 of 787174/11/14 at 12:38amQuote:
Your suit is stelling by the way! (blue one)
Very hard to find indeed. I bought this one at Rosa & Teixeira in Lisbon, in-house brand but probably produced by someone else. I haven't seen any other like this.
Many thanks!post #75115 of 787174/11/14 at 1:22amClags, awesome photoshop! I don't mind the plum/purple tie with the white shirt, but it does look a hell of a lot better with the light blue shirt.
I'm also not sure about wearing white shirts with triple patch pocket suits, but that might just be me. Not sure of there's a rule for this, but it 'feels' a little wrong.
The colour of your suit and tie go perfectly together though. What kind of shoes are you wearing with this?post #75116 of 787174/11/14 at 1:51ampost #75117 of 787174/11/14 at 2:29ampost #75118 of 787174/11/14 at 2:46ampost #75119 of 787174/11/14 at 3:45ampost #75120 of 787174/11/14 at 4:10am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Truman Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › NWT Brunello Cucinelli "Basic Fit" Shirt sz Large 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...