I would say I have a very wide, and varied, range of tastes. You may consider it from bad to terrible. I like the blue one with my navy blazer, mostly.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4997post #74941 of 787214/9/14 at 7:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74942 of 787214/9/14 at 8:03pmpost #74943 of 787214/9/14 at 8:11pmpost #74944 of 787214/9/14 at 8:11pmQuote:
Point me in their direction and I will . Though that may be a fair point on all solids + crazy shirt. Still, it wouldn't be a look for the faint of heart. Or someone still getting the feeling for classic menswear.
Dressing well, understanding what looks good, being able to make marketable clothing, and being able to make clothing which look good are four different talents. In your case, there is a tremendous amount of overlap. For a variety of reasons, this isn't true for a lot of folks out there.
re: the other conversation going on here.
Guys, this thread isn't Help Me Dress 101. Not a huge deal for a post or two, but this has been going on for a couple of pages. This thread benefits when it is nice and image heavy with solid analysis in between. Not bickering over early 90's "fun" ties.post #74945 of 787214/9/14 at 8:11pmpost #74946 of 787214/9/14 at 8:14pm
Pliny -- I have to admit, I didn't get the anti-gray jacket bias, until it clicked for me that all the ones I know and love are, like, Harris tweed. Patch pockets aren't right for every tweed, and I don't love them on dense patterns like most of what you have. The Sandringham you have there, the brown windowpane, that could look cool with patch pockets, but I wouldn't know what trousers to wear with it.
I think a ticket pocket would do it. You could tuck it in if you wanted it to be stealthy.post #74947 of 787214/9/14 at 8:17pmpost #74948 of 787214/9/14 at 8:18pmQuote:
should either of those happen, you will not be judged by your tie. but in here, you will be. weird right?
side bar, there is crazy that is ugly and crazy that is not ugly. that is important to know.post #74949 of 787214/9/14 at 8:25pmpost #74950 of 787214/9/14 at 8:39pm
ITG thinks they aren't ugly. Everyone else disagrees. This is what the last two (three) pages has been about, right? Having summed all that up, let's apply what NickP said about wearing bold shirts to wearing less than sedate ties(if you missed it due to being apoplectic about garish ties/someone criticizing your garish ties, it was that the British will often wear shirts we'd consider inappropriate for a tie in an all solid context). If a tie is ugly, it's ugly. It can be bold and ugly and sedate and ugly. But if you want to make a loud tie look alright, the safest course is probably to make everything else as sedate as possible.
I'm wearing one of my louder ties today. It's a fairly boring fit overall; I doubt there is a poster here who leans so heavily on navy jackets and gray pants, but they are easy and they allow me to explore my extensive tie collection without worry. Because it's loud, I made sure everything else was very low key.
Pantapost #74951 of 787214/9/14 at 8:45pmpost #74952 of 787214/9/14 at 8:48pmpost #74953 of 787214/9/14 at 8:49pmpost #74954 of 787214/9/14 at 8:51pmpost #74955 of 787214/9/14 at 8:52pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Mid-Level Suit? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Isaia Light AquaCashmere Sport Coat 48R 38R Retail $3,995 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 13 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 14 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan