or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4980  

post #74686 of 78717
To continue the Texas discussion, San Antonio is the only city in Texas in which I've spent any time, and I did find the fact that there is an actual pedestrian area (the Riverwalk) in a city not on the East Coast of the US unusual and charming. Whether I could live there is another story, as I've not driven a car since 1989, and do not really wish to re-learn how.

As it is, I am much too well adjusted to living on that long narrow chunk of schist stuck near the mouth of the Hudson to live happily most anywhere else, except perhaps London, and for that, I'd need more money.

The start to yet another week, a cool and overcast day in NYC with chance of rain this afternoon.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








post #74687 of 78717

post #74688 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar ezzahi View Post

That much?

Whatever, thanks for the advice.

Well, I would just change the pants from denim to a pair of mid grey pants.

I am not a fan of the shirt, but that might be personal preference.
post #74689 of 78717

post #74690 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post

Well, I would just change the pants from denim to a pair of mid grey pants.

I am not a fan of the shirt, but that might be personal preference.
You are right. Even though I think that the denim pants goes well with the combo, a pair of grey flannel trousers would have been much better.
post #74691 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post

I'm sure 100 mil. Australian, New Zealish, Canadian, or most other dollars, would also be sufficient.

ill take it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

The dominant culture of most major US cities is WASP.

ime, not at all. the WASPs seem to inhabit smaller isolated towns near big cities, but the big cities i have been to all are quite mixed. that is kind of the nature of big cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

A bit more sedate today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









Polo RL
Arrow
TM Lewin
M&S
Canali
Armani

see, i like this. this is a bold look that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










so good.
post #74692 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
 

A bit more sedate today:

 

 

 

 

Polo RL

Arrow

TM Lewin

M&S

Canali

Armani


Very nice look...

post #74693 of 78717

There was a discussion last week about facial expressions. It is faculty senate today; I will let you all imagine my expression.

 

 

 

 

 

post #74694 of 78717
After seeing the Rubancci cotton 6x1 DB in the latest issue of the Rake, I was inspired to change my own cotton DB blazer into a 6x1. I like the louche 80s look of it, so I paired it with a wide Brooks Brother's tie from the same era.
post #74695 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

ime, not at all. the WASPs seem to inhabit smaller isolated towns near big cities, but the big cities i have been to all are quite mixed. that is kind of the nature of big cities.

I'm not referring to who lives where, but the underlying set of values/principles/mores or whatever, I think, are generally pretty waspy. Even in cities with large African-American, Hispanic populations, or Jewish populations. I think it has more to do with a combination of the demographics of the controlling class as well as the demographics of the majority population during the first hundred years or so of any city's founding. It's difficult to reverse, but probably not impossible. For example, the small German towns which are dotted across central Texas definitely don't feel WASP-y, even if the majority of the inhabitants, even those who with distinctly German ancestry, have no connection to German culture.

post #74696 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

After seeing the Rubancci cotton 6x1 DB in the last issue if the Rake I was inspired to change my own cotton DB blazer into a 6x1. I like the louche 80s look of it, so I paired it with a wide Brooks Brother's tie from the same era.

Very nice lacing!

post #74697 of 78717
Good Monday Morning, gents.

This is one of my favorite suits.

photo 5a5f20b2-f101-45c8-a795-982cc9d23ceb_zps02d757c2.jpg
Edit: sorry, dudes, not sure what happened there.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo IMG_5504_zps46985fa7.jpg
photo IMG_5505_zps3ed8601b.jpg
Brioni/Roman
Borrelli
Vintage Kilgour
Unknown
Trafalgar
Pantherella
TBNY

Edited by GMMcL - 4/7/14 at 8:52pm
post #74698 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

I'm not referring to who lives where, but the underlying set of values/principles/mores or whatever, I think, are generally pretty waspy. Even in cities with large African-American, Hispanic populations, or Jewish populations. I think it has more to do with a combination of the demographics of the controlling class as well as the demographics of the majority population during the first hundred years or so of any city's founding. It's difficult to reverse, but probably not impossible. For example, the small German towns which are dotted across central Texas definitely don't feel WASP-y, even if the majority of the inhabitants, even those who with distinctly German ancestry, have no connection to German culture.

I think you're right about "P," for many places, but I'm not certain about the "WAS."

post #74699 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I'm not referring to who lives where, but the underlying set of values/principles/mores or whatever, I think, are generally pretty waspy. Even in cities with large African-American, Hispanic populations, or Jewish populations. I think it has more to do with a combination of the demographics of the controlling class as well as the demographics of the majority population during the first hundred years or so of any city's founding. It's difficult to reverse, but probably not impossible. For example, the small German towns which are dotted across central Texas definitely don't feel WASP-y, even if the majority of the inhabitants, even those who with distinctly German ancestry, have no connection to German culture.

an interesting idea, though i cant say that i have ever felt that in the large cities i have been to. that could very well be simply due to the fact that, outside of work and shopping, i am fairly isolated within the jewish communities that are in said cities that i have been to.
post #74700 of 78717

 

 

SF Family:

Panta (tie)

Howard Yount (pants)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III