Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4977post #74642 of 787174/6/14 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
A former roommate from Dallas, while living in NYC, once told a fellow Texan the following:
Fellow Texan: "You're from Dallas? I'm from Ft. Worth."
Former Roommate: "Ft. Worth? Never been there."
From that exchange (and his pronouncement of Ft. Worth as a "cow town"), I took it that Dallas would look down its nose at Ft. Worth more than Houston, but obviously, I was misinformed. As for Arlington, I always assumed that it was merely a Dallas suburb - hardly worthy of mention.
I will say, in Houston's defense, I like their airport better than DFW, which has been a true nightmare of a place through which to pass, in my limited experience.
It does not surprise me that someone from Dallas (assuming Dallas proper) had never been to Ft. Worth. As someone from Arlington - midway between the two, I can say that I've been to both and I'd rather spend time in Dallas. Still Dallas has numerous faults of its own and I have no intention of remaining longer than I have to.
Also as a former Ag-town resident, it's very hard to call it a suburb. 325000+ people, 50th largest city in the US... Still, Arlington sucks, just not as much as Houston.
DFW has gotten much better in the last few years since the new terminals opened.
I am rather indifferent about Austin, but apparently I am the only one.post #74643 of 787174/6/14 at 2:36pmpost #74644 of 787174/6/14 at 2:44pm
It's a great city if you like music, film and food all served with a decidedly unique bent.
It's a very liberal place despite being the capital of a Conservative state...I've heard it referred to as "a blueberry in the middle of a bowl of tomato soup".
The most ubiquitous slogan/bumpersticker is "Keep Austin Weird", pretty much sums it up.post #74645 of 787174/6/14 at 3:33pmpost #74646 of 787174/6/14 at 3:37pmpost #74647 of 787174/6/14 at 4:01pmpost #74648 of 787174/6/14 at 5:15pmI arrived in Austin in the late '80s, and left in the late '90s. It was barely hanging on to the qualities that differentiated it from other Texas cities by the time I left, and it is unrecognizable now. It's not weird, and they haven't kept up with the infrastructure to support the population explosion. I would likely choose Houston or Dallas over Austin if I had to move back to Texas. At least they know they're big cities.post #74649 of 787174/6/14 at 5:48pmpost #74650 of 787174/6/14 at 5:56pmpost #74651 of 787174/6/14 at 6:46pmpost #74652 of 787174/6/14 at 7:01pm
San Antonio is my favorite city in Texas. The best blend of Texan, American, and Mexican culture. I've not lived there for a while now, but I understand that over the last 5-6 years it's seen some very heavy high cultural development north and south of downtown.
Austin is fun to visit, but at this point I don't think I'd want to live there.
There are a lot of fantastic things about Dallas, but it has always struck me as lacking the cultural diversity of some of the other Texas cities.
I have a love hate relationship with Houston.
Ultimately, I'm very family oriented, and all things equal (so, Olmos Park in San Antonio, Rice Village in Houston, and Highland Park in Dallas), I can't think of a better city in Texas to raise children than San Antonio.post #74653 of 787174/6/14 at 7:11pmpost #74654 of 787174/6/14 at 7:21pmpost #74655 of 787174/6/14 at 7:28pm
I'll have to cross-post this to the beer thread, as well, I guess. Mass, stroll through the cherry blossoms, antiquing, vintage shopping, and beers with my wife, today. The shirt was not the strongest choice; I went with purple because it's the first Sunday we've made it to mass during Lent. Next week I'll go with pink for Palm Sunday. I was going to wear a dark purple tie, as well, but couldn't find it this morning. Not sure it would have worked with the navy anyway. This was taken at the end of the day, and my pants seem t have slid down at the waist, so they're actually a bit shorter than they look in the photo. Half an inch or so, maybe.
Details (Click to show)
Blazer: Vintage Christian Dior (My grandfather's), with buttons bought by my father in Savile Row
Tie: Emilio Zegna, thrifted
Shirt: Unknown thrifted
Shoes: AE Fifth Avenue, thrifted
Socks: Calvin Klein
Beer: Parallel 49 Brewing, Vow of Silence Strong Belgian Ale
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › is there a name for this particular style of twill shirt fabric? 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway