or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4943  

post #74131 of 78717

Back for more today.  Took advice from luv2breformed and tried a half-windsor knot today; my 4-in-hands always look blobby and have no shape to them.  Also decided to puff the square. 

 

Inspired by upr_crust, this is an all Brooks Brothers fit except for the pocket square (Robert Talbott) and the boots (Loake for Charles Tyrwhitt).  Forgive the grime; it snowed in Minnesota this morning.  

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #74132 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
 

Was me. He deleted it, but someone else (I forget who) quoted it and it's in the spoilers.

 

It was Stitchy.

post #74133 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post
 

Very nice, @GMMcL . Is that jacket navy, or charcoal?

 

Like @Holdfast, feeling Springy today:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

 

 

Details... (Click to show)
 
Polo 
RLPL
Polo
Vintage
RLPL
Alden for BB

I like it, but is there something funny going on with the shoulders? You look broad, but the jacket sort of looks broader than you. I often have the same issue, with bumps on the shoulders. Does my head in but often times you don't notice it.

post #74134 of 78717
Academic, there seems to be a furry animal of sorts hanging out on the back of your neck.
post #74135 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

I like it, but is there something funny going on with the shoulders? You look broad, but the jacket sort of looks broader than you. I often have the same issue, with bumps on the shoulders. Does my head in but often times you don't notice it.

Could be too narrow of a hanger. I had that issue with my hanger causing bumps mid shoulder because they weren't wide enough. just a thought.
post #74136 of 78717


Long day at work.
post #74137 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post

Well to put everything in perspective...

Suit: 50 $ Got on line on a discount store. Made of cotton blend.
Shirt: 25$ 100% pure cotton.
Shoes: 5$ Synthetic material. Totally ugly, i agree.
Tie: 5$
Pocket square: Cotton handkerchief , < 1$
Sunglasses: thrift store. 20$

So total cost ~ 106$

So considering that, is there anyway i can make this work?

 

Not knowing the OP but knowing where he's from... I'd say that look is heavily bollywood inspired.

That said, it's certainly not good, but I feel like I've seen worse first fits.

 

That said, the aesthetic of this place is very different than what you're going for and you need to figure out what it is you want to do.

post #74138 of 78717
what is bollywood? confused.gif
post #74139 of 78717
Indian Hollywood.
post #74140 of 78717
I don't get it. There is only one Hollywood and it is right here in 'Merica and we all know the Indians were here first before the invention of Hollywood, that don neven make no sense!
post #74141 of 78717
Cross post from thrift thread; shoulders are close but but perfect, sleeve pitch is Meh, and a tiny bit big in the back. double vent, two button, in case is hard to see. navy, pushing midnight, and am currently without a navy suit, and can't afford a new one.

I know it isn't a perfect fit, but would you consider it decent enough to wear until I can afford better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post

Ok, I'm still in the store. Unworn Hugo Boss. $45. At least 1/2 canvas, and made in USA.





Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's illegal to leave this behind?
post #74142 of 78717
It's hard to tell anything from those pictures.
post #74143 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post

Cross post from thrift thread; shoulders are close but but perfect, sleeve pitch is Meh, and a tiny bit big in the back. double vent, two button, in case is hard to see. navy, pushing midnight, and am currently without a navy suit, and can't afford a new one.

I know it isn't a perfect fit, but would you consider it decent enough to wear until I can afford better?

Looks fine!!

Kop it before somebody else spots it!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #74144 of 78717
You will soon learn to hate any jacket that is anything but perfect. I'd pass.
post #74145 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Academic, there seems to be a furry animal of sorts hanging out on the back of your neck.

 

Coonskin cap.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III