or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4941  

post #74101 of 78717
I'm cautious that he might be a troll. It's very difficult to imagine that a person would scroll through a few pages here, look at the photos, then look at his photos and decide they were good enough to post.
post #74102 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post

Anything they pay me to present.

April Fools, right? That's why you posted that?

Real talk... April fools..?

post #74103 of 78717

Taken for the challenge but I forgot to post it to the challenge thread..oh well..Happy Tuesday gents!

 

post #74104 of 78717
Well to put everything in perspective...

Suit: 50 $ Got on line on a discount store. Made of cotton blend.
Shirt: 25$ 100% pure cotton.
Shoes: 5$ Synthetic material. Totally ugly, i agree.
Tie: 5$
Pocket square: Cotton handkerchief , < 1$
Sunglasses: thrift store. 20$

So total cost ~ 106$

So considering that, is there anyway i can make this work?
post #74105 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

April Fools, right? That's why you posted that?


Real talk... April fools..?

Don't think so
http://www.styleforum.net/t/383914/some-feed-back-on-a-cotton-blend-blue-suit-and-a-red-leather-jacket#post_7017634
post #74106 of 78717
I do not understand.


If i change the shoes, get rid of the glasses, tie and the jacket. I can at least wear the pants and the shirt in the summer right?
post #74107 of 78717

Shame you didnt post to the challenge, Choc. It is always shocking to me, when I see your fits, that you are 6'10", or there abouts. Outstanding cut on that suit for your physique.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post
 

Taken for the challenge but I forgot to post it to the challenge thread..oh well..Happy Tuesday gents!


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #74108 of 78717
Yes. And the glasses as well.

The good thing is that it wasn't too much money lost. Chalk it up to a learning experience.
post #74109 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Alright threeonethree, I'll try to tackle this.

First, everything in the picture, except the square, should never be worn again. It doesn't matter what look you are going for.

The suit is bad and it doesn't fit. If you don't wear suits much, I'm not suggesting you go out and splurge, but you should be able to spend several hundred dollars on sonething decent. That means natural fibers (100% wool) with lapels wider than 3 inches and a buttoning point mych lower (it isn't flattering to your body type that high). I don't know what that satin stuff is on the lapel and pocket, and I don't want to.

I get that skinny ties are in right now, but you can find a medium between classical and trendy. 8cm is a good compromise. The shinier the tie, the cheaper they look.

Nobody cares what your couch looks like.

Those shoes do not look good. If they're black and worn with a suit, they should be oxfords. Those are also far too pointy.

Welcome to SF. If you survive that fit...and likely the next few...and manage to stick around, you will very quickly be dressing far better than that.

I'm on my phone--can someone link him to the composite thread for examples?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post

I do not understand.


If i change the shoes, get rid of the glasses, tie and the jacket. I can at least wear the pants and the shirt in the summer right?

 

Check here and here

 

And finally...

 

 

Let go those clothes. Lurk a bit more, enjoy the forvm and you will dress better. 

post #74110 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post

be gentle. frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post

Edit: Would you like me to delete them?

no reason to delete. claghorn made some good points that i should have typed before but i was being lazy and a bit of a dick. also, i dont like those one bit and the collar of the shirt is turrble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

I'm cautious that he might be a troll. It's very difficult to imagine that a person would scroll through a few pages here, look at the photos, then look at his photos and decide they were good enough to post.

dont assume that people scroll back before posting when joining. i didnt. at the time, i thought i looked good. but i looked like crap, and i was told that. and i pretty much cleaned house and started over. now i am poor. but i look good.
post #74111 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

now i am poor. but i look good.

SF in a nutshell.
post #74112 of 78717
preeeetty much.
post #74113 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post

be gentle. frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post

Edit: Would you like me to delete them?

no reason to delete. claghorn made some good points that i should have typed before but i was being lazy and a bit of a dick. also, i dont like those one bit and the collar of the shirt is turrble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

I'm cautious that he might be a troll. It's very difficult to imagine that a person would scroll through a few pages here, look at the photos, then look at his photos and decide they were good enough to post.

dont assume that people scroll back before posting when joining. i didnt. at the time, i thought i looked good. but i looked like crap, and i was told that. and i pretty much cleaned house and started over. now i am poor. but i look good.

It is when your wife starts hanging out at the local fire station that you should to get really worried......
post #74114 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Tuesday morning presentation.


beautiful BOW TIES

post #74115 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

It is when your wife starts hanging out at the local fire station that you should to get really worried......


BECAUSE YOUR FITS ARE ON FIRE????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III