or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 495  

post #7411 of 78724
Spoo, Mike, Harry, TTO, Very sharp.
post #7412 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2quinn View Post
Fair point - unfortunately my collection is lacking in conservative pocket squares. I need to earn more money so I can splurge some on Kent Wang.


Always splurge on the Wang.

When in doubt/need, there's always the plain old white hanky TV fold.
post #7413 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
How in the hell can one look THAT cool in the Nawlins heat? How? HOW?!?!?!

Ask him to take pics a now after a few hours wear.
post #7414 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
How in the hell can one look THAT cool in the Nawlins heat? How? HOW?!?!?!

I was sweating bullets when taking my pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Ask him to take pics a now after a few hours wear.

My office is about 62 degrees. I could wear my 10 pound Nutter in here and not break a sweat.
post #7415 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Always splurge on the Wang.


I did - for the sake of mine - last night.

Oh, snap.
post #7416 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I was sweating bullets when taking my pics.



My office is about 62 degrees. I could wear my 10 pound Nutter in here and not break a sweat.


I always assumed you had a junior associate following you around all day with a fan.
post #7417 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
My office is about 62 degrees. I could wear my 10 pound Nutter in here and not break a sweat.

That's how we do it in Atlanta too. We go directly from air cond. home to air cond. car to air cond. office door. Grand total of distance covered outside = less than 50 ft if you do it right. Lunches out require valet parking or you just go in your shirt sleeves.

This allows the average Atlanta businessman to wear his same medium to light weight conservative dark wool suits and lace up oxfords every month of the year, regardless of weather. There shall be NO linen, cotton nor seersucker allowed don't you know. That would be just plain 'ol fey and pretentious and is pretty much strictly not done except perhaps at some of the most prestigous downtown law firms.

Unless of course you decide to simply wear your khaki's, polo shirt, and sockless loafers and completely ditch the entire concept of business attire altogether.

Evenings however do require a 'formal rig' consisting of the same khaki pants, polo shirt, AND a blue blazer, socks are again strictly forbidden unless attending a funeral or a lynching

Thus we will live from now until October........
post #7418 of 78724
First post here, looking for constructive criticism! I've been lurking for a little while, and have already learnt a lot. I'm just shy of 20 years old, a student, and doing a vac scheme at a City law firm. I've been there for a week already - and have had to get along with my one reasonable suit every day, unfortunately. My other one has been reserved for college football team socials for the past two years...and is absolutely disgusting.

I'm not interested in the job at the end of it, so am not feeling the need to dress ultra-conservatively; hence the brown shoes and PS.







Notwithstanding the crap photography, what do people think?
post #7419 of 78724
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembers View Post
First post here, looking for constructive criticism! I've been lurking for a little while, and have already learnt a lot. I'm just shy of 20 years old, a student, and doing a vac scheme at a City law firm. I've been there for a week already - and have had to get along with my one reasonable suit every day, unfortunately. My other one has been reserved for college football team socials for the past two years...and is absolutely disgusting.

I'm not interested in the job at the end of it, so am not feeling the need to dress ultra-conservatively; hence the brown shoes and PS.







Notwithstanding the crap photography, what do people think?


Welcome Pembers,

It all looks pretty solid for a guy's first business suit. Although it's a bit hard to see too well in the photos.

You could use a slight shortening of the coat sleeve 1/2". This is a cheap and easy alteration and will allow your shirt cuff to show as it should. A slightly shorter coat in general might look a bit better on you - although what you currently have is within the 'proper' range and I wouldn't suggest altering it - as it's a somewhat pricy alteration that doesn't always turn out well.

A good solid first suit - better than many.

Are you looking for more suits? If you are certain of your size you can't beat the quality from 'The Wizard of Aahz' on Ebay. $329.00 will buy you a fully canvased suit in a decent, if uninspired fabric. You've gotta be sick of wearing the same suit everyday already!

Carry on private!
post #7420 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post
What's the temp and humidity in Nola today? About 100/100?
Not much different than Hotlanta, I'll bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post
Ah, the maize and blue. Brings a nostalgic tear to my eye. Thanks, cp.
post #7421 of 78724
One of the hottest days of summer...


post #7422 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

Pant length on these looks much better without the cuff.
post #7423 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post
[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Welcome Pembers,

It all looks pretty solid for a guy's first business suit. Although it's a bit hard to see too well in the photos.

You could use a slight shortening of the coat sleeve 1/2". This is a cheap and easy alteration and will allow your shirt cuff to show as it should. A slightly shorter coat in general might look a bit better on you - although what you currently have is within the 'proper' range and I wouldn't suggest altering it - as it's a somewhat pricy alteration that doesn't always turn out well.

A good solid first suit - better than many.

Are you looking for more suits? If you are certain of your size you can't beat the quality from 'The Wizard of Aahz' on Ebay. $329.00 will buy you a fully canvased suit in a decent, if uninspired fabric. You've gotta be sick of wearing the same suit everyday already!

Carry on private!

Thanks for the feedback - really helpful! I'll try and post better pics in the coming days. I have a pretty interesting collection of ebayed/hand-me-down shirts and shoes...

I'm not looking for another suit right now - although I definately am sick of wearing the same every day - as, after this week, I won't be wearing one regularly again for at least another year. Seems best for the time being to concentrate on more casual clothes. When the time comes, though, I'll invest in a few nice ones.

The current suit actually is fully-canvassed - it's a "Benjamin" from ehaberdasher.com. Cost me £360 shipped from the US, which was quite extravagant for me, but good value.
post #7424 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by IST66 View Post
Today


To be clear, I (the noob) like this a lot.
It looks like something I would have worn pre SF. I think the fit is very nice.
But post SF I don't think there's enough contrast between the jacket and the pants.

So, am or am I not getting it?
Without a doubt I've got a long way to go and that's why I'm asking.
post #7425 of 78724
Hitting the links on my day off.

Sorry for the low quality. My camera just broke. Shirt is navy and belt is brown.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III