or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4916  

post #73726 of 78722
Like it @EliodA nod[1].gif
post #73727 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

love it. im waiting for someone to whine about the tie/shoes/watch strap being too close in color, but i think its awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

That's a thing? I think it's the coolest part of the whole fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

apparently yes, thats a thing. it touches on the matchey matchey issue, but like you, i think in that fit its effing awesome. i remember @aeglus did something similar a while back and i loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post


Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I realize it's too matchy-matchy for SF rules, but in this case I felt it worked. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Like it @EliodA nod[1].gif

+1 for reduced palettes. Clean and simple. Bravo.

Anden you look good too. I dig light gray jacket on charcoal trou. My only nit would be bals with SC. Have you thought about getting black bluchers for fits like this? I have played with the idea, but they seem so pigeonholed to me. If I didn't have this bal-suit roadblock maybe it wouldn't be a problem. Also I'd be curious to see oxblood here even though you are monochrome otherwise. YMMV
post #73728 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post


Anden you look good too. I dig light gray jacket on charcoal trou. My only nit would be bals with SC. Have you thought about getting black bluchers for fits like this? I have played with the idea, but they seem so pigeonholed to me. If I didn't have this bal-suit roadblock maybe it wouldn't be a problem. Also I'd be curious to see oxblood here even though you are monochrome otherwise. YMMV

Thank you. I am not a fan of black shoes. I have two pairs that I use and the other pair is RMW chelseas which actually might be the better choice.

Food for thoughts. 

 

Andreas

post #73729 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

Nu soot...

 

 

 

 

 

Jacket still needs to be altered. (Apologies for using the same tie as last week...)

Great tie! 

post #73730 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Like it @EliodA nod[1].gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post

+1 for reduced palettes. Clean and simple. Bravo.
 

 

Thank you very much. Makes me proud to reveive praise from you two gentlemen!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post
 

Great tie! 

 

Thanks a lot! As you can read above, it's a 2nd hand tie from Ebay.

Love you grayscale fit of today! Another 'reduced palette' :slayer: 

post #73731 of 78722

Thanks for the thumbs yesterday bros, I was hoping to break my current record of 14 but I seem to have levelled out at 12. :)

 

Not posting a fit today but will be doing something for the Friday challenge.

post #73732 of 78722



More pics (Click to show)



Edited by Crat - 3/27/14 at 4:16pm
post #73733 of 78722
^ Looks really great, Crat. Maybe button your coat to show how the fit is then.
post #73734 of 78722
The Friday Challenge is to wear a green tie (one assumes tastefully). I have probably failed in this regard, as today's combo is more than a bit flashy, but I like it well enough. Hope that you enjoy.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









post #73735 of 78722
AAC-your latest fit is daring and bold. However, if I had to look at you doing a presentation or have a meeting with you and was forced to stare at that for an extended period, I would want to smack you upside the head so that you could have a headache too. satisfied.gif
post #73736 of 78722

Crusty that's a great tie! It looks really good and I don't think it is flashy at all. I know you've gone all matchy-matchy now with the PS, but as its for the Friday challenge (which as we all know is a chance to have some fun) that's totally forgivable.

 

Crat, great tie / shirt / suit / shoes combo, really great - but I'm not a fan of the trouser hems, they look a little big and overpower the fit. A non-cuffed trouser leg would be preferable here.

post #73737 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

Crusty that's a great tie! It looks really good and I don't think it is flashy at all. I know you've gone all matchy-matchy now with the PS, but as its for the Friday challenge (which as we all know is a chance to have some fun) that's totally forgivable.

Crat, great tie / shirt / suit / shoes combo, really great - but I'm not a fan of the trouser hems, they look a little big and overpower the fit. A non-cuffed trouser leg would be preferable here.

Don't see anything wrong with the cuffs when looking at the full length picture. They're hardly noticeable, and certainly not overpowering. Detail shots can distort things a little.
post #73738 of 78722
Clear blue skies here, but grey suit nevertheless...


More (Click to show)



post #73739 of 78722
What. No bright red sox?
If I were to nit-pick, something bold would have made the whole ensemble come to life a bit more. Rust or burgundy PS or tie? And the suiting (PnP?), tie microdots, thin stripe shirt are all small scale.
But then I bet that's what you went for. So what am I saying and whom am I telling. Sacrilegious. wink.gif

Are those Lindberg glasses? Have some quite similar.
Edited by DeSense - 3/27/14 at 5:46am
post #73740 of 78722
@upr_crust
A darker green would have been so much better with that otherwise nice outfit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III