And on the positive side?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4903post #73532 of 787173/25/14 at 6:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
I've not had a bad Drake's, but then really Drake's and Vanda are different animals don't u think? Vandas are very lite with their minimal or no lining- they float at the chest, not sit. Perfect Summer ties.
I wish GnD would apply their skills to making something more robust tho.
yes, that sounds right. I have only one Vanda, which was a special treat for myself this spring (meant forgoing lots of coffee and hanging out in cafes to work). It's the H&S gunclub, really a beautiful tie. Unlined and six-fold. It is light and airy, and despite the wool fabric and pattern, feels like I can wear it into spring even summer. This is a pic when I first got it (was wearing BD and v-neck, no tie that day).
Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Never had a bad Drake's tie either. I like Drake's exactly because they make robust and substantial (for lack of a better word) ties that I find are perfect for tweeds and flannels (which I wear about 9 months out of the year). No doubt do I love my Vanda ties, but I find that they work better for the warm months since they are so incredibly lightweight. It just don't feel right to wear them with tweeds (which I occasionally do anyway, since I like the damns ties so much).
I don't doubt they make nice ties and that one can choose well. Probably helps to buy directly when you can hold the tie in your hands...I alas don't have that luxury. Still, I think the Drake's donegal could have come out better, a bit more attention to how it would knot.post #73533 of 787173/25/14 at 6:52ampost #73534 of 787173/25/14 at 6:52amQuote:
You were the force behind the purchase of the trousers. Maybe the mid gray flannels should have worked better.post #73535 of 787173/25/14 at 6:53ampost #73536 of 787173/25/14 at 6:54ampost #73537 of 787173/25/14 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by southernstyle
Thanks Gianni Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do those have the rubber sole? I'd like them for the spring and summer but the rubber turns me off.
They do--that they had rubber sealed the deal for me. I have an arbitrary desire to have parity amongst the rubber sole faction and the leather sole faction of my shoe closet. I think once I'm Stateside and driving, I'll cease buying rubber soled shoes with the exception of nice shoes meant for foul weather (I'd like some cordovan with Dainite at some point).
ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE.
Rudals is coming to Korea to get married. I'm taking him out on Sunday (because in Korea, every day is drinking day). If you'd like to buy him a drink, message me with your preferred beverage and I'll let you know my paypal. Any extra cash is pooled into a "Get Rudals to Drink Even More" fund. Rudals has to drink it, no matter how foul. Photo evidence of consumption will be provided and posted in the Noddles Good Natured Advice Thread.post #73538 of 787173/25/14 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
TD I can't get enough of rust, but it's hard to find. rust n lite green, sky blue and chocolate are awsm Spring combos + anything tastefully floral IMO
+1 on Rust, my discovery this past year (for myself).
Also I've noticed that on Conrad Wu ties as well. The blade isn't completely symmetrical, slightly off center I think. Thought I wouldn't worry about it as it is a bit "rakish" and since it is a shantung, part of the charm perhaps...interesting that you see it too. The Wu's knot very easily, and I plan on enjoying them this spring when the weather warms up.post #73539 of 787173/25/14 at 7:02ampost #73540 of 787173/25/14 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Eviltime, you have some unique combinations, but in general I think your jackets fit too tight. This particular example the top and bottom are incongruent. Also, that's a cool tie, in an ugly tie sort of way, very TTO, but it matches the shirt (which is a great shade of pink, btw) and clashes with the pattern in the square.
I don't disagree about the jacket PB, in this case this one is probably nearing the end of its usefulness... or needs to be let out a bit. The two new suits I've bought recently are a better fit. I've just been working out too damn much!post #73541 of 787173/25/14 at 7:03amalso, now that team furriner has won the friday challenge, choose the best of that bunch of a-holes.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/383963/friday-challenge-3-21-14-furriners-v-muricans-best-of-the-best-a-game-only/320_20#post_7024010post #73542 of 787173/25/14 at 7:04ampost #73543 of 787173/25/14 at 7:09ampost #73544 of 787173/25/14 at 7:15ampost #73545 of 787173/25/14 at 7:42am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › W.W. Chan Bespoke Herringbone Suit -- Approximately 38S 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › ETON OXFORD SHIRT 39/15.5 · CHARCOAL/WHITE · MINT 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › BNIB Gaziano Girling Wigmore Vintage Oak/Mole Suede Size 8E UK 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway