yeah, but honestly, you are an asshole.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4900post #73486 of 787173/24/14 at 5:09pmpost #73487 of 787173/24/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
Thanks! My wife is pissed she's been re enlisted for pics.
"what happened to that bathroom shit you did that worked so well for years?"
"STOP TALKING YOUR FUCKING HANDS ARE SHAKING"
Mornings are so fun in my housepost #73488 of 787173/24/14 at 5:33pmpost #73489 of 787173/24/14 at 5:34pmthis highlights one of the most difficult to accept lessons of the styleforum, but probably one of the most valuable. totally true, fit HAS to come first. too many cases in point to mention, but among them the great looks of suitsupply vs. boxy aged Polo sportcoats, or Kiton jackets/ suits that look schlumpy. This is one of the reasons I'm selling a lot of stuff in a week or two, and sticking to the rule of fit first.post #73490 of 787173/24/14 at 5:41pmpost #73491 of 787173/24/14 at 6:03pmpost #73492 of 787173/24/14 at 7:03pmpost #73493 of 787173/24/14 at 7:13pmpost #73494 of 787173/24/14 at 7:31pmpost #73495 of 787173/24/14 at 9:30pmpost #73496 of 787173/24/14 at 9:59pmpost #73497 of 787173/24/14 at 10:45pm
I have said this before and I will say it again...
You do NOT have to post a fit pic to share your opinions on fits posted on the internet.
Doesn't matter if I like their opinions or not.
Doesn't matter if they are shitty dressers in fact.Quote:
To be fair you did state that you were not familiar with any of pB's fits. It is difficult to believe that you have been on the forum for a while if that is the case.post #73498 of 787173/24/14 at 10:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by batchplease
You are mistaking to think that I am a newb. And the number of posts have nothing to do with whether they deserve to be treated differently. So, please, YOU STFU. I wasn't even talking to you in the first place so piss off.
Back to where I left off. pB seems like a jerk who makes blunt comments with his big toopee. And his post counts?! The majority of his posts are NOT fit pix but just ahole comments. So please put up some pix and start talking. Until then STFU.
Zip it, noob!post #73499 of 787173/25/14 at 1:17ampost #73500 of 787173/25/14 at 3:18am
Too much arguing for me on a Tuesday morning. But there are some interesting points raised, namely about people giving feedback. I feel it is somewhat important to know that they know what they are talking about, and that makes it easier to accept their comments. I wouldn't go around criticising the likes of Spoo or Timo or others who clearly know what they are doing, but I feel its OK for me to point out things about "younger" members than I - and where applicable (like that ghastly shiny yellow tie from yesterday).
As for our young friend's Ted Baker tie, it *is* very much a "thing" - those kinds of OTT designs. They fit in a certain world, but for the most part they are going to dealt with negatively here. I have been on the receiving end of that a few times, as I do have the odd OTT Canali / Duchamp / and yes, Ted Baker tie, but then the next day I'll post a more muted fit and get all-round approval. So you pick your battles, basically.
There's taking risks to be idiosyncratic, but you either pull it off or you don't - the trick to being an expert at this sort of thing is knowing when you've pulled it off.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 18 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 19 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 21 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 24 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Cigars 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...