or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4896  

post #73426 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Maroon on navy, man!

damnit. my bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchplease View Post

He is free to comment all he wants. 
I am interested in seeing his WARWRNs and maybe I will understand then. 
It just seemed like all he did was just lurk and never post a dang fit. 

well, you are wrong. so there is that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

You've only been around for like 5 seconds on this forum.

no, he is a reiteration of a previously banned poster. not sure who or why he has been allowed back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchplease View Post

Not trying to pick a fight or anything.
But this was all I can find. Yes, I had to go and see his WAYWRNs.  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Photo 1 of 1

And, there's a difference between my account being alive for 5 seconds and me having been here for much longer than that.

so you are complaigning because you could only find one excellent fit pic that is better than almost every fit pH has ever critiqued?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Holy shit I have awesome hair.

yes you do. fuck you.
post #73427 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Holy shit I have awesome hair.

I bet ladies compliment it all the time.
post #73428 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


but thats because you are weird and you think that invisible maroon dots on a gray tie counts as "standing out."

wink.gif

booth has posted up plenty, and as person who has seen his pics and has met him in person, he dresses damn well and is more than fit to issue the criticisms he does, even though i dont always agree with them.

I think that is an important point that gets lost around here. Someone can be an acknowledged subject matter expert and it's okay to disagree with them without questioning their know-how. Also, it's okay to occasionally display bad taste, so long as you know you are probably over the edge; just eat that shit sandwich and enjoy it. My wasp programming says that everything in the world is wrong with that tie yet I, for reasons I can't quite explain, actually like it (though I'd probably obscure most of it under a 3 piece suit). If I wore it, I'd wear it with zero F's given, knowing full well that most of SF would like to douse it with lighter fluid before I even took it from around my neck.

post #73429 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

I bet ladies compliment it all the time.

well i sure did.
post #73430 of 78717
*SALE* Real pB hair toupee - USED Size M $500million or B/O
post #73431 of 78717
I want to thumb pB's fit pic but not the comments that it was posted with. What do I do . . .
post #73432 of 78717
Thanks, everybody.
I haven't worn this particular suit (out of fear, mainly -- its Kiton and cashmere blend) since better dialing in on fit, so I was apprehensive.

The trou unquestionably need the most work -- slimming and shortening.

The jacket fit better than I'd recalled. As groom points out, the sleeves are longer than #menswear likes, but still (I think) within the realm of the acceptable. True, no cuff is showing, but it's at my wrist, not below, and I can live with that (surgeon cuffs).

So in short, it looks like I will be making another contribution to my tailor's retirement fund....
post #73433 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

well i sure did.

I said ladies. You talk too much to be classified as a lady. Look at your post count.
post #73434 of 78717
Cold again. bah.

post #73435 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchplease View Post

He is free to comment all he wants. 
I am interested in seeing his WARWRNs and maybe I will understand then. 
It just seemed like all he did was just lurk and never post a dang fit. 

That's like saying a seasoned film critic has no merit because they haven't written a movie.

Just sayin'.

Some people don't post fits and also give bad advice. BOOTH used to post fits and give good feedback. Now he just gives good feedback.
post #73436 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

That's like saying a seasoned film critic has no merit because they haven't written a movie.

Just sayin'.

Some people don't post fits and also give bad advice. BOOTH used to post fits and give good feedback. Now he just gives good feedback.

In general, this thread needs more verbal feedback. People tend to just thumbs-up what they like and don't help others improve. Criticizing someone is so much fun and you can actually do it here without pissing anyone off. Win-win.
post #73437 of 78717
I don't claim to be an authority on anything mind you, but I think I know an ok amount. I don't post regular fits because it would get monotonous to most on here. I don't think me posting many fits adds as much value as just giving feedback. Despite my limited palate I think I can help others achieve what they are trying to accomplish even if it is different than my own.
post #73438 of 78717
To make everybody happy, I'll post this, which appeared in a different thread last week. Complete with too long tie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Here's a slightly better photo of my latest. I think I'm going to get the waist nipped a bit more.

916B03BD-5E33-4849-AC6B-DC744B809D79_zpszouhjxy1.jpg
D661B568-13DE-4849-81AA-CCBAD8FD68E0_zpsvfirvx8r.jpg
post #73439 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

I said ladies. You talk too much to be classified as a lady. Look at your post count.

yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I don't claim to be an authority on anything mind you, but I think I know an ok amount. I don't post regular fits because it would get monotonous to most on here. I don't think me posting many fits adds as much value as just giving feedback. Despite my limited palate I think I can help others achieve what they are trying to accomplish even if it is different than my own.

yes.
post #73440 of 78717
Did you sit on that tie?

(fantastic fit, btw)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III