or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4893  

post #73381 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapprMensFashn View Post
 

a person with slender build. Maybe the pocket square couldve been a bit more subtle. 

The pocket square isn't really the issue - its not a very revealing photo so its hard to see what's going on. The suit looks OK from what I can see (if it is a suit) but the tie should be more textured and less shiny - and if you are going to wear such a yellow tie, a light blue shirt would be a far better setting for it.

post #73382 of 78721

Cool cat, trousers that high look better with cuffs, you need to work on your knot.

 

But a solid, safe combination (navy suit, gray tie, white shirt). Black shoes probably would've worked better though given the conservativeness of everything else.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

speaking of shiny, clags, y ur pants look so shiny? combination of items is quite nice tho.

I suspect all the white in them.

post #73383 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapprMensFashn View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
yellow positivity tie
What do you think?

everything is too shiny imo, and i do not love all that yellow.

---

speaking of shiny, clags, y ur pants look so shiny? combination of items is quite nice tho.
post #73384 of 78721

White Shirt Monday. Neutralised with purple tramlines, bees and tigers.

 

7jks3qJ.jpg

post #73385 of 78721
that is superb Claghorn. A fit for to be filed for copying smile.gif

Here´s my monday..


post #73386 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

Agree, not a great fit on that one. If you are a size 38 or slim 40 reg, hope you'll take a look at items I'm selling in bout a week!


Very nice paisley

post #73387 of 78721

I though I'd experiment with a wild tie today just for something different. it's wool challis so I felt it went well with the flannel, if not especially with a suit. I didn't like the PS I paired with it, so that got removed. Oh yes, and winter returned today and we are getting more snow tomorrow, so no linen here yet. :/

 

 

post #73388 of 78721

^ that tie is awesome. And works splendidly in situ.

post #73389 of 78721
Thanks, I suspected you might enjoy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

^ that tie is awesome. And works splendidly in situ.
post #73390 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
 

^ that tie is awesome. And works splendidly in situ.

 

The other day I saw a ferragamo tie with a hunting scene print and instantly thought it was something that you would like haha. 

post #73391 of 78721

I was just wondering, as I heated my lunch, whether my feel for the square was correct or not. So I thought I'd ask here for opinions.  

This is the square I chose, and I chose it because it's a muted madder that I thought fit the dry textures of the flannel and challis, but was silk, so sufficiently different for interest.

 

square! (Click to show)

 

 

 

However, I feel in place it is just too dark and that the fit needs something lighter.

 

Too dark?! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Then I noticed the reverse side of the square and tried that, and I quite like it.

 

Just right?! (Click to show)
post #73392 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

I was just wondering, as I heated my lunch, whether my feel for the square was correct or not. So I thought I'd ask here for opinions.  
This is the square I chose, and I chose it because it's a muted madder that I thought fit the dry textures of the flannel and challis, but was silk, so sufficiently different for interest.
square! (Click to show)



However, I feel in place it is just too dark and that the fit needs something lighter.
Too dark?! (Click to show)



Then I noticed the reverse side of the square and tried that, and I quite like it.
Just right?! (Click to show)

Your hunches are correct IMO. While the reverse side looks better, I would prefer something like a cream silk to pick up on the same color in the tie. Some people don't like cream silk but I think it would look good here. YMMV
post #73393 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post


Your hunches are correct IMO. While the reverse side looks better, I would prefer something like a cream silk to pick up on the same color in the tie. Some people don't like cream silk but I think it would look good here. YMMV

Thanks. I thought about cream silk, but I wore that on Friday for the challenge, so eschewed it today. Seems a poor reason for dressing choices when you type it out, though.

post #73394 of 78721

What is this jacket exactly? I have one almost the same. That is, the same material but with flapped patch side pockets and bone colour buttons. It has light blue part lining and striped sleeve lining. I cannot find my jacket anywhere on the net. 

post #73395 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Thanks. I thought about cream silk, but I wore that on Friday for the challenge, so eschewed it today. Seems a poor reason for dressing choices when you type it out, though.

I've made similar decisions before. Variety is fun. However, I choose suboptimal items when everything else is boring. Ie, I've worn this square already this week so I'm going to select a plain tie so that I can deviate more in the square category.

You already selected your deviation when you picked this tie so IMO keeping the square the same would have been just fine. YMMV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III