Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Style Forum Members,
We are offering $790.00 AUD For The First Prize Winner Of Our Blog Portrait Competition.
ANY BRANDS ARE WELCOME. TELL US ABOUT YOUR STYLE!!!
This is the last person to submit.
How could I refuse this entry? Despite being pixelated it is charming, it has character and it comes from someone who loves bow ties. Below is what Jay R. Mohanka had to say about his ensemble.
my name is Jay Mohanka and I would like to submit this photo for the Bow Tie Portrait Competition. I am on the right of this picture and my cousin is sitting next to me on the chariot about to get married. I love reading Le Noeud Papillon's blog and learning about bow ties, but I can not afford them, so I am entering this portrait competition. In fact, I have bought this whole outfit that I am wearing for a grand total of 185 USD. I live in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, USA, but this photo was taken in Mumbai, India.
Black Satin Bow Tie by The Tie Bar, Formal Shirt by Hugo Boss, Homemade Pocket Square, Double-Breasted Lavender Blazer by Oleg Cassini, White Satin Suspenders by The Tie Bar, Tuxedo Trousers by Nordstrom, Black Patent Leather Oxfords by Delli Aldo, and one of my favorite items I own, my Black Silk Formal Hose by Brooks Brothers.
I just wanted to thank you for creating such high-quality bow ties and your blog, I love reading it and hope it continues for a long time.
Jay R. Mohanka
LE NOEUD PAPILLON
FIRST PRIZE INCLUDES:
1 x Made To Measure Carlo Riva Fabric Shirt By LNP ($500.00 AUD), 1 x Belle Dame Limited Edition LNP Pocket Square ($125.00) ; 1 x Limited Edition Silk Bow Tie From LNP ($165.00) = TOTAL $790.00 AUD)
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE 1st APRIL 2014
The Bow Tie Portrait Competition 2014
The Rules Of Engagement
1. All portrait subjects must be wearing a bow tie.
2. The photo must be in the format of an image no less than 200kb in size and not in excess of 2mb. The image must be submitted as a JPEG or PNG file.
3. Entrants can come from any part of the globe and prizes will be sent to their home address provided it can be delivered by Australia Post's parcel service.
4. Entrants must be willing to have their photo published on www.lenoeudpapillon.blogspot.comand in the various other mediums with which Le Noeud Papillon of Sydney communicates with it's customers and fans. These include: email marketing, website, twitter and facebook pages as well as Instagram. You can also feel free to post your submitted entry to Instagram under the # tag #lenoeudpapillon
5. The image must be labelled with the name of the entrant and the country and city or town of origin.
6. All photography must be submitted to bow at lenoeudpapillon.com
7. Multiple entries must not be submitted, the onus is on the entrant to choose their favourite photo, please do not ask us to select from a batch.
8. Please include in your description the brand of the products you are wearing. We are happy to support other brands - this competition is not exclusive to Le Noeud Papillon customers.
What Are We Looking For?
We want you to reveal yourself through your clothes and those things that you love with respect to menswear.
We will reward ingenuity in both photography and lighting conditions. So think about how you wish to display your neckwear and in what light and in which setting. The best portraits we have received in the past are ones which show the person's style as well as the culture from which they come from.
Use a decent quality camera, grainy, distorted or pixelated photos will not be accepted.
Let us see things we may not have seen before - those items that might be particular to you personally - a suit you had cut, a shirt you had made, some shoes you polished etc.