or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4889  

post #73321 of 78722
Ian is right. I used to look like shit and I cringe at most of my old pics. And at the time I always had an answer, even when I knew the criticism was on point. That was weak of me.

It took a lot of effort and money to get things right, but it was well worth it for me. Im glad I heeded peoples feedback, even if I was a tool about it at the time.

I still stand by my previous post as well tho. Sometimes it is just a bad pic, but often not. Only the poster knows the truth and its up to them to accept reality or ignore it. Best to accept it if you ask me.

Even if you pretend like you dont. wink.gif
post #73322 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

[...]

As an iPhone 5 owner and a non-owner of a decent camera I think mentioning how colors don't come through appropriately is very legitimate. Even using Camera+ and some other apps I struggle to capture the true colors of items.

[...]

 

It is often the case that even some of the most sophisticated dressers here will post multiple photos of a single outfit in which the color, for example, varies greatly from one picture to the next.  That's inevitable, unless we want to restrict the thread to those who are (or have access to) professional-quality photographers. I find it useful, therefore, if posters include in their post an indication of which photos are most accurate in those cases in which there are differences:   e.g., "the suit color is most accurate in the first picture; the tie color is most accurate in the second."  I doubt that anyone objects to that.

 

While ideally that information would be included in the initial post rather than in a subsequent post which is responding to a question, I can't say that it's a big deal for me.  But then I try not to get riled up by stuff on the internet.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #73323 of 78722

On a holiday, so I'm posting repetitive looks due to the limited wardrobe. At least I can compare them at the end and see which navy blazer look is best.

 

post #73324 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

It is often the case that even some of the most sophisticated dressers here will post multiple photos of a single outfit in which the color, for example, varies greatly from one picture to the next.  That's inevitable, unless we want to restrict the thread to those who are (or have access to) professional-quality photographers. I find it useful, therefore, if posters include in their post an indication of which photos are most accurate in those cases in which there are differences:   e.g., "the suit color is most accurate in the first picture; the tie color is most accurate in the second."  I doubt that anyone objects to that.

While ideally that information would be included in the initial post rather than in a subsequent post which is responding to a question, I can't say that it's a big deal for me.  But then I try not to get riled up by stuff on the internet.

Cheers,

Ac

Agreed - off the top of my head I know Claghorn has a jacket that looks very bright/royal blue in many pictures and then one day he posted a closer shot and the true color is nothing like that.

I'd approach it same way you said - "2nd pic shows most accurate colors" etc. etc. Otherwise it's a bit more of a guessing game.
post #73325 of 78722

Eh, I dunno you guys. I think I used to dress better when I first started posting here.

 

JAY KAY! I told stitchy that resistance is futile and I kinda sorta meant it.

post #73326 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

On a holiday, so I'm posting repetitive looks due to the limited wardrobe. At least I can compare them at the end and see which navy blazer look is best. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Props to you for wearing business attire on holiday.
post #73327 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustties View Post
 

03.22.2014: Pre-Birthday-Dinner. Too bad, I wasn't able to stop the time.

 

SC: Corneliani

Shirt: Suitsupply

Trousers: RLBL

Tie: Vintage

Shoes: Langer-Messmer (a german shoemaker)

 


Very beautiful ties...compliments.

post #73328 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

Props to you for wearing business attire on holiday.

Thanks! I'm slowly trying to dress more sober and businesslike so I get used to it before I start working again in the summer. I'm finding out I really enjoy the more understated colour palettes.
post #73329 of 78722
Yea I dunno why it irks me so much. Rest assured it really wasn't aimed at RTC. In fact I had typed up something similar weeks ago and then refained from posting it. I see it a bunch, in fact every time I see it, it like punches me right in the face.

I started thinking about how to pit it into words after stichy called out SB on a shirt that he was wearing not having enough texture. SB posted a joking Morpheus saying that perhaps the shirt had more texture and that the picture just wasn't showing it. Stichy said he believed him and SB revealed that in fact the shirt looked how stichy thought it did to begin with.

That little goofy exchange (I quite enjoyed tbh, as it felt like a little poke at the justification I always see on here, whether SB intended that or not I'm unsure.) got me to thinking more about this issue and so I put it into words.

I generally lose respect for a poster every time they do this and they seem more immature to me. I don't want to lose respect for you guys. I like you guys; so I thought I'd bring it up. Probably the problem resides in me and I need to get over myself. Please don't change anything about yourselves just to please me (not that anyone would), but I thought if others saw it as an issue then we could potentially bring awareness to it and seek to improve both the character of the posters, and the quality of this thread.
post #73330 of 78722

Out to dinner.  

 

 

 

post #73331 of 78722

Great fit AAS, I especially like the tie and shirt pairing! 

post #73332 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post

Yea I dunno why it irks me so much. Rest assured it really wasn't aimed at RTC. In fact I had typed up something similar weeks ago and then refained from posting it. I see it a bunch, in fact every time I see it, it like punches me right in the face.

I started thinking about how to pit it into words after stichy called out SB on a shirt that he was wearing not having enough texture. SB posted a joking Morpheus saying that perhaps the shirt had more texture and that the picture just wasn't showing it. Stichy said he believed him and SB revealed that in fact the shirt looked how stichy thought it did to begin with.

That little goofy exchange (I quite enjoyed tbh, as it felt like a little poke at the justification I always see on here, whether SB intended that or not I'm unsure.) got me to thinking more about this issue and so I put it into words.

I generally lose respect for a poster every time they do this and they seem more immature to me. I don't want to lose respect for you guys. I like you guys; so I thought I'd bring it up. Probably the problem resides in me and I need to get over myself. Please don't change anything about yourselves just to please me (not that anyone would), but I thought if others saw it as an issue then we could potentially bring awareness to it and seek to improve both the character of the posters, and the quality of this thread.

 

What's the difference between justifying and disagreeing?  I just don't agree with people sometimes.  We can all agree to disagree on some of the finer points of menswear.  At the end of the day, this is all subjective aesthetics.  I respect people who have a point of view and are willing to discuss it.  Ok.  Off to dinner.  Night, gents.  

post #73333 of 78722
Another jeans fit from me. RL Polo BD shirt collars doesn't roll very good, so I kept it unbuttoned:





post #73334 of 78722

Jeebus. Tie and jacket when you're out in the woods?
The rest of the world probably thinks the lot of us is insane.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't take it personally, so no worries there.


I like this thread for a few reasons, the obvious one being a lot of good fits, and the more personal ones being that people will actually try to help you if you're receptive to it. I know some of the 'faults' in my choices (i.e. collars), but some of the fixes are easier than others such as pairings. I wouldn't say I'm on the same level as many of the posters here, but there's definitely a big divide between trying to emulate and doing so while putting yourself out there and leaving yourself open to criticism.

I know I can do a lot better with the little that I have already (well I have a shit ton of ties...) and putting myself on here is a way to learn because I actually take the criticism. That's also why I don't post fits every day. There hasn't been push back here since I actually try so I'm hoping to keep using it as a sounding board and learning.

post #73335 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Jeebus. Tie and jacket when you're out in the woods?

The rest of the world probably thinks the lot of us is insane.

Nah, where we live it's not that uncommon. "The woods" are actually just a few minutes from central Stockholm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III