Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4884post #73246 of 787213/21/14 at 5:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73247 of 787213/21/14 at 5:41pmpost #73248 of 787213/21/14 at 6:08pm
I'm surprised no one has responded. I'll give it a shot.
I like all the parts individually very much, all the way down to the socks. Lovely jacket. Details?
As you know, there are some here who wouldn't like the tie regardless of what it's combined with. I'm not one of them.
I do find the combination with the shirt to be a tad distracting here. I think it's the way the diagonal lines in both interact to form a larger pattern, viz:
I'm imagining that if we were having a conversation, this effect would be directing my eye downward, away from your face.
Others might feel exactly opposite, perhaps. In any event, best to be aware of the effect. You might already be, and perhaps you like it, in which case cool: go for it.
Acpost #73249 of 787213/21/14 at 7:59pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by EFV
Wow, there are some seriously great fits posted today!
I have been wearing variations of the same fit lately, but I'm like that when I get new clothes I really like. The shoes are new though (and were changed when I stepped outside because of the slush), and so is the bow tie. I met a lady who´s older relative had owned a tie shop for a very long time, when the shop closed down (~20 years ago) he just threw a bunch of bow ties in to a big box and stored it in his attic. Well, the lady I met found the box and decided to sell them. Luckily I got the chance to walk away with 18 great bow ties for a steal.
Anyway, here's today's outfit:
Bonus shot of robo pose for seeing fit and details of shoes/accessories (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I don't normally do this kind of pedantry, but since the etymology is kind of amusing, I'll break the habit of a lifetime. The idiom is generally "chock full" rather than "chalk full", and IIRC derives from "choke full" as in being gorged with so much food that it's at risk of overflowing back up the gullet and putting you at risk of choking.
I really dig these colours. Beautiful.
I was going to say and ask the same, with the caveat that I think slightly more built up shoulders would be more flattering than the soft one. But in terms of lapel, chest, etc, yes, I really like the look of this cut.
Finally, and this is not a serious entry for this thread (hence the spoiler) but more an opportunity for collective rotten-tomato throwing in revenge for my anal retentiveness re: correcting southernstyle's turn of phrase above, here's the extra-casual outfit I wore today. More crewneck experimentation. It would be OK if the jacket was a size smaller, but as it is, it's purely random casualwear:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I appreciate the chock full idiom explanation, always good to learn new things.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by kulata
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Everything is well with these.
Edited by southernstyle - 3/22/14 at 4:48ampost #73250 of 787213/21/14 at 8:38pmpost #73251 of 787213/21/14 at 9:41pmpost #73252 of 787213/21/14 at 11:36pmpost #73253 of 787213/22/14 at 1:13ampost #73254 of 787213/22/14 at 1:31ampost #73255 of 787213/22/14 at 2:02ampost #73256 of 787213/22/14 at 2:08ampost #73257 of 787213/22/14 at 2:38ampost #73258 of 787213/22/14 at 2:39ampost #73259 of 787213/22/14 at 2:41am
These pants are very high rise, they're about an inch above my belly button. I'd say these trousers probably have the highest rise out of all my trousers. How high do you wear them, below your armpits ?post #73260 of 787213/22/14 at 3:06am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...