Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4884post #73246 of 787213/21/14 at 5:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73247 of 787213/21/14 at 5:41pmpost #73248 of 787213/21/14 at 6:08pm
I'm surprised no one has responded. I'll give it a shot.
I like all the parts individually very much, all the way down to the socks. Lovely jacket. Details?
As you know, there are some here who wouldn't like the tie regardless of what it's combined with. I'm not one of them.
I do find the combination with the shirt to be a tad distracting here. I think it's the way the diagonal lines in both interact to form a larger pattern, viz:
I'm imagining that if we were having a conversation, this effect would be directing my eye downward, away from your face.
Others might feel exactly opposite, perhaps. In any event, best to be aware of the effect. You might already be, and perhaps you like it, in which case cool: go for it.
Acpost #73249 of 787213/21/14 at 7:59pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by EFV
Wow, there are some seriously great fits posted today!
I have been wearing variations of the same fit lately, but I'm like that when I get new clothes I really like. The shoes are new though (and were changed when I stepped outside because of the slush), and so is the bow tie. I met a lady who´s older relative had owned a tie shop for a very long time, when the shop closed down (~20 years ago) he just threw a bunch of bow ties in to a big box and stored it in his attic. Well, the lady I met found the box and decided to sell them. Luckily I got the chance to walk away with 18 great bow ties for a steal.
Anyway, here's today's outfit:
Bonus shot of robo pose for seeing fit and details of shoes/accessories (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I don't normally do this kind of pedantry, but since the etymology is kind of amusing, I'll break the habit of a lifetime. The idiom is generally "chock full" rather than "chalk full", and IIRC derives from "choke full" as in being gorged with so much food that it's at risk of overflowing back up the gullet and putting you at risk of choking.
I really dig these colours. Beautiful.
I was going to say and ask the same, with the caveat that I think slightly more built up shoulders would be more flattering than the soft one. But in terms of lapel, chest, etc, yes, I really like the look of this cut.
Finally, and this is not a serious entry for this thread (hence the spoiler) but more an opportunity for collective rotten-tomato throwing in revenge for my anal retentiveness re: correcting southernstyle's turn of phrase above, here's the extra-casual outfit I wore today. More crewneck experimentation. It would be OK if the jacket was a size smaller, but as it is, it's purely random casualwear:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I appreciate the chock full idiom explanation, always good to learn new things.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by kulata
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Everything is well with these.
Edited by southernstyle - 3/22/14 at 4:48ampost #73250 of 787213/21/14 at 8:38pmpost #73251 of 787213/21/14 at 9:41pmpost #73252 of 787213/21/14 at 11:36pmpost #73253 of 787213/22/14 at 1:13ampost #73254 of 787213/22/14 at 1:31ampost #73255 of 787213/22/14 at 2:02ampost #73256 of 787213/22/14 at 2:08ampost #73257 of 787213/22/14 at 2:38ampost #73258 of 787213/22/14 at 2:39ampost #73259 of 787213/22/14 at 2:41am
These pants are very high rise, they're about an inch above my belly button. I'd say these trousers probably have the highest rise out of all my trousers. How high do you wear them, below your armpits ?post #73260 of 787213/22/14 at 3:06am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 8 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Meetup San Francisco September 17 Cafe Zoetrope 6:00PM 13 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015