@MisterFu - thanks much.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4884post #73246 of 787203/21/14 at 5:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73247 of 787203/21/14 at 6:08pm
I'm surprised no one has responded. I'll give it a shot.
I like all the parts individually very much, all the way down to the socks. Lovely jacket. Details?
As you know, there are some here who wouldn't like the tie regardless of what it's combined with. I'm not one of them.
I do find the combination with the shirt to be a tad distracting here. I think it's the way the diagonal lines in both interact to form a larger pattern, viz:
I'm imagining that if we were having a conversation, this effect would be directing my eye downward, away from your face.
Others might feel exactly opposite, perhaps. In any event, best to be aware of the effect. You might already be, and perhaps you like it, in which case cool: go for it.
Acpost #73248 of 787203/21/14 at 7:59pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by EFV
Wow, there are some seriously great fits posted today!
I have been wearing variations of the same fit lately, but I'm like that when I get new clothes I really like. The shoes are new though (and were changed when I stepped outside because of the slush), and so is the bow tie. I met a lady who´s older relative had owned a tie shop for a very long time, when the shop closed down (~20 years ago) he just threw a bunch of bow ties in to a big box and stored it in his attic. Well, the lady I met found the box and decided to sell them. Luckily I got the chance to walk away with 18 great bow ties for a steal.
Anyway, here's today's outfit:
Bonus shot of robo pose for seeing fit and details of shoes/accessories (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I don't normally do this kind of pedantry, but since the etymology is kind of amusing, I'll break the habit of a lifetime. The idiom is generally "chock full" rather than "chalk full", and IIRC derives from "choke full" as in being gorged with so much food that it's at risk of overflowing back up the gullet and putting you at risk of choking.
I really dig these colours. Beautiful.
I was going to say and ask the same, with the caveat that I think slightly more built up shoulders would be more flattering than the soft one. But in terms of lapel, chest, etc, yes, I really like the look of this cut.
Finally, and this is not a serious entry for this thread (hence the spoiler) but more an opportunity for collective rotten-tomato throwing in revenge for my anal retentiveness re: correcting southernstyle's turn of phrase above, here's the extra-casual outfit I wore today. More crewneck experimentation. It would be OK if the jacket was a size smaller, but as it is, it's purely random casualwear:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I appreciate the chock full idiom explanation, always good to learn new things.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by kulata
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Everything is well with these.
Edited by southernstyle - 3/22/14 at 4:48ampost #73249 of 787203/21/14 at 8:38pmpost #73250 of 787203/21/14 at 9:41pmpost #73251 of 787203/21/14 at 11:36pmpost #73252 of 787203/22/14 at 1:13ampost #73253 of 787203/22/14 at 1:31ampost #73254 of 787203/22/14 at 2:02ampost #73255 of 787203/22/14 at 2:08ampost #73256 of 787203/22/14 at 2:38ampost #73257 of 787203/22/14 at 2:39ampost #73258 of 787203/22/14 at 2:41am
These pants are very high rise, they're about an inch above my belly button. I'd say these trousers probably have the highest rise out of all my trousers. How high do you wear them, below your armpits ?post #73259 of 787203/22/14 at 3:06ampost #73260 of 787203/22/14 at 3:19am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › JOHN ELLIOTT + CO Rebel Tank / Black 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 10 minutes ago
- › JOHN ELLIOTT + CO Curve U-Neck / White Large 10 minutes ago
- › JOHN ELLIOTT + CO Curve U-Neck / Black Large 11 minutes ago
- › Buttero Black Suede Side-Zips Sz. 9.5 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories