Many great fits here but I have to say, the Scandinavian crew as a group is really taking it up a notch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4874post #73097 of 787173/20/14 at 12:01pmQuote:
Not a fan of the contrasting buttonholes nor the shirt/tie/square composition, but the fit on this suit is so much better than on your previous suits. Did you change tailors? Stick to this source!
again this cut is fantastic and suits you well!post #73098 of 787173/20/14 at 12:52pm
I don't normally do this kind of pedantry, but since the etymology is kind of amusing, I'll break the habit of a lifetime. The idiom is generally "chock full" rather than "chalk full", and IIRC derives from "choke full" as in being gorged with so much food that it's at risk of overflowing back up the gullet and putting you at risk of choking.Originally Posted by SeaJen
details! (Click to show)
I really dig these colours. Beautiful.Originally Posted by clapeyronOriginally Posted by Claghorn Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
... the fit on this suit is so much better than on your previous suits. Did you change tailors? Stick to this source!
again this cut is fantastic and suits you well!
I was going to say and ask the same, with the caveat that I think slightly more built up shoulders would be more flattering than the soft one. But in terms of lapel, chest, etc, yes, I really like the look of this cut.
Finally, and this is not a serious entry for this thread (hence the spoiler) but more an opportunity for collective rotten-tomato throwing in revenge for my anal retentiveness re: correcting southernstyle's turn of phrase above, here's the extra-casual outfit I wore today. More crewneck experimentation. It would be OK if the jacket was a size smaller, but as it is, it's purely random casualwear:post #73099 of 787173/20/14 at 1:15pmpost #73100 of 787173/20/14 at 2:11pmpost #73101 of 787173/20/14 at 2:34pmpost #73102 of 787173/20/14 at 2:42pmQuote:
I disagree, pB. I like it. So there.
Also, Doc beat me to the pedantry, ss. Chock it is.
DC, I haven't landed on an opinion about the new jacket, but it did elicit this immediate reaction: YOWZA.post #73103 of 787173/20/14 at 2:45pmpost #73104 of 787173/20/14 at 2:55pmpost #73105 of 787173/20/14 at 2:56pmpost #73106 of 787173/20/14 at 3:01pmpost #73107 of 787173/20/14 at 3:01pmpost #73108 of 787173/20/14 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Robs89
Vest - Tombolini, Suit - Suitsupply, Shirt - The Tailoring Club, Tie - Drake's London, Pocket Square - AD56, Shoes - Meermin, Watch - Rolex Submariner
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really dig this, even though down vests generally are big pet peeves of mine.
BTW, you should post your last fit in this thread, for team Foreigners.
Edited by EFV - 3/20/14 at 3:22pmpost #73109 of 787173/20/14 at 3:16pmpost #73110 of 787173/20/14 at 3:18pmQuote:
I have something similar. I find it works okay with khakis, well with dark gray flannels, and interestingly with rust cords that pick up on the reddish overcheck. I just picked up a pair of pale green cords I might try it with, but mine does have an additional blue overcheck which will make that work.
I'd suggest cords in the red family, blue trousers, or mid-to-dark gray.
Some more feedback (I'm in an odd mood, so please read this as tongue-in-cheek -- I could edit down to a tone more like how I actually feel, but that would be no fun).
I wouldn't wear it with red chinos, because those are for blue polo shirts or navy blazers in the summer time.
If you must wear blue jeans with a tie, and you must wear french blue shirts (), don't combine them. It creates a weird jumpsuit effect.
I'm also not certain about the shade and texture of that tie with the coat (the only time you should be mixing canary yellow with bright red is if you happen to own a Ferrari and a Lamborghini), but the scale of that tie pattern works perfectly with the scale of the coat pattern.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 44 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › The Definitive Guide to T-Shirts 9 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Suit advice & where to look 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...