Thank you Gianni!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4874post #73096 of 787213/20/14 at 11:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73097 of 787213/20/14 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Wow, there are some seriously great fits posted today!
I have been wearing variations of the same fit lately, but I'm like that when I get new clothes I really like. The shoes are new though (and were changed when I stepped outside because of the slush), and so is the bow tie. I met a lady who´s older relative had owned a tie shop for a very long time, when the shop closed down (~20 years ago) he just threw a bunch of bow ties in to a big box and stored it in his attic. Well, the lady I met found the box and decided to sell them. Luckily I got the chance to walk away with 18 great bow ties for a steal.
Anyway, here's today's outfit:
Bonus shot of robo pose for seeing fit and details of shoes/accessories (Click to show)
This is great! Love the shoes.Quote:
Well, it was an otherwise fantastic outfit. I really did like everything else a lot.post #73098 of 787213/20/14 at 11:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
Nothing new. One of my uniforms at work.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That lapel roll is pretty darn sweet. All-in-all this is close to perfect imho (I'm missing a PS). What shoes are you wearing with this?post #73099 of 787213/20/14 at 11:49ampost #73100 of 787213/20/14 at 11:55ampost #73101 of 787213/20/14 at 12:01pmQuote:
Not a fan of the contrasting buttonholes nor the shirt/tie/square composition, but the fit on this suit is so much better than on your previous suits. Did you change tailors? Stick to this source!
again this cut is fantastic and suits you well!post #73102 of 787213/20/14 at 12:52pm
I don't normally do this kind of pedantry, but since the etymology is kind of amusing, I'll break the habit of a lifetime. The idiom is generally "chock full" rather than "chalk full", and IIRC derives from "choke full" as in being gorged with so much food that it's at risk of overflowing back up the gullet and putting you at risk of choking.Originally Posted by SeaJen
details! (Click to show)
I really dig these colours. Beautiful.Originally Posted by clapeyronOriginally Posted by Claghorn Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
... the fit on this suit is so much better than on your previous suits. Did you change tailors? Stick to this source!
again this cut is fantastic and suits you well!
I was going to say and ask the same, with the caveat that I think slightly more built up shoulders would be more flattering than the soft one. But in terms of lapel, chest, etc, yes, I really like the look of this cut.
Finally, and this is not a serious entry for this thread (hence the spoiler) but more an opportunity for collective rotten-tomato throwing in revenge for my anal retentiveness re: correcting southernstyle's turn of phrase above, here's the extra-casual outfit I wore today. More crewneck experimentation. It would be OK if the jacket was a size smaller, but as it is, it's purely random casualwear:post #73103 of 787213/20/14 at 1:15pmpost #73104 of 787213/20/14 at 2:11pmpost #73105 of 787213/20/14 at 2:34pmpost #73106 of 787213/20/14 at 2:42pmQuote:
I disagree, pB. I like it. So there.
Also, Doc beat me to the pedantry, ss. Chock it is.
DC, I haven't landed on an opinion about the new jacket, but it did elicit this immediate reaction: YOWZA.post #73107 of 787213/20/14 at 2:45pmpost #73108 of 787213/20/14 at 2:55pmpost #73109 of 787213/20/14 at 2:56pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 18 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 42 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 56 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan