Many great fits here but I have to say, the Scandinavian crew as a group is really taking it up a notch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4874post #73097 of 787173/20/14 at 12:01pmQuote:
Not a fan of the contrasting buttonholes nor the shirt/tie/square composition, but the fit on this suit is so much better than on your previous suits. Did you change tailors? Stick to this source!
again this cut is fantastic and suits you well!post #73098 of 787173/20/14 at 12:52pm
I don't normally do this kind of pedantry, but since the etymology is kind of amusing, I'll break the habit of a lifetime. The idiom is generally "chock full" rather than "chalk full", and IIRC derives from "choke full" as in being gorged with so much food that it's at risk of overflowing back up the gullet and putting you at risk of choking.Originally Posted by SeaJen
details! (Click to show)
I really dig these colours. Beautiful.Originally Posted by clapeyronOriginally Posted by Claghorn Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
... the fit on this suit is so much better than on your previous suits. Did you change tailors? Stick to this source!
again this cut is fantastic and suits you well!
I was going to say and ask the same, with the caveat that I think slightly more built up shoulders would be more flattering than the soft one. But in terms of lapel, chest, etc, yes, I really like the look of this cut.
Finally, and this is not a serious entry for this thread (hence the spoiler) but more an opportunity for collective rotten-tomato throwing in revenge for my anal retentiveness re: correcting southernstyle's turn of phrase above, here's the extra-casual outfit I wore today. More crewneck experimentation. It would be OK if the jacket was a size smaller, but as it is, it's purely random casualwear:post #73099 of 787173/20/14 at 1:15pmpost #73100 of 787173/20/14 at 2:11pmpost #73101 of 787173/20/14 at 2:34pmpost #73102 of 787173/20/14 at 2:42pmQuote:
I disagree, pB. I like it. So there.
Also, Doc beat me to the pedantry, ss. Chock it is.
DC, I haven't landed on an opinion about the new jacket, but it did elicit this immediate reaction: YOWZA.post #73103 of 787173/20/14 at 2:45pmpost #73104 of 787173/20/14 at 2:55pmpost #73105 of 787173/20/14 at 2:56pmpost #73106 of 787173/20/14 at 3:01pmpost #73107 of 787173/20/14 at 3:01pmpost #73108 of 787173/20/14 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Robs89
Vest - Tombolini, Suit - Suitsupply, Shirt - The Tailoring Club, Tie - Drake's London, Pocket Square - AD56, Shoes - Meermin, Watch - Rolex Submariner
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really dig this, even though down vests generally are big pet peeves of mine.
BTW, you should post your last fit in this thread, for team Foreigners.
Edited by EFV - 3/20/14 at 3:22pmpost #73109 of 787173/20/14 at 3:16pmpost #73110 of 787173/20/14 at 3:18pmQuote:
I have something similar. I find it works okay with khakis, well with dark gray flannels, and interestingly with rust cords that pick up on the reddish overcheck. I just picked up a pair of pale green cords I might try it with, but mine does have an additional blue overcheck which will make that work.
I'd suggest cords in the red family, blue trousers, or mid-to-dark gray.
Some more feedback (I'm in an odd mood, so please read this as tongue-in-cheek -- I could edit down to a tone more like how I actually feel, but that would be no fun).
I wouldn't wear it with red chinos, because those are for blue polo shirts or navy blazers in the summer time.
If you must wear blue jeans with a tie, and you must wear french blue shirts (), don't combine them. It creates a weird jumpsuit effect.
I'm also not certain about the shade and texture of that tie with the coat (the only time you should be mixing canary yellow with bright red is if you happen to own a Ferrari and a Lamborghini), but the scale of that tie pattern works perfectly with the scale of the coat pattern.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NIB US 10D Ralph Lauren Chelsea boots 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Type of Fabric is This? 3 minutes ago
- › NIB US 10D Ralph Lauren chelsea boots 4 minutes ago
- › NIB US 10D Ralph Lauren chelsea boots 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding