Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4858post #72856 of 787173/17/14 at 7:13pmpost #72857 of 787173/17/14 at 8:54pm
@Braddock - this is almost perfect, from the play of colours between the tie, square and scarf through the cut of the suit to the gorgeous overcoat. The only thing that is just slightly incongruous for me is the suede shoes. I know it's a matter of deliberate choice (and opinion) in this case, but I would really have liked to have seen something more polished. It's the only thing that stops this from being one of my top personal 10 ever favourite fits in CM, and even then it's still right up there.post #72858 of 787173/17/14 at 8:59pmpost #72859 of 787173/17/14 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
@Braddock - this is almost perfect, from the play of colours between the tie, square and scarf through the cut of the suit to the gorgeous overcoat. The only thing that is just slightly incongruous for me is the suede shoes. I know it's a matter of deliberate choice (and opinion) in this case, but I would really have liked to have seen something more polished. It's the only thing that stops this from being one of my top personal 10 ever favourite fits in CM, and even then it's still right up there.
No need to highlight any one part of that.post #72860 of 787173/17/14 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
let me 'splain you, even if you somehow managed to make a fit of perfection out of that jacket, though i believe that to be rather impossible, it would never be right for that thread.
and its exactly that misunderstanding that was the root of much of the panty bunching over there.
Dude. It was a joke.post #72861 of 787173/17/14 at 9:28pmpost #72862 of 787173/17/14 at 9:32pmpost #72863 of 787173/17/14 at 9:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
- this is almost perfect, from the play of colours between the tie, square and scarf through the cut of the suit to the gorgeous overcoat. The only thing that is just slightly incongruous for me is the suede shoes. I know it's a matter of deliberate choice (and opinion) in this case, but I would really have liked to have seen something more polished. It's the only thing that stops this from being one of my top personal 10 ever favourite fits in CM, and even then it's still right up there.
could not disagree more. when i see the lovely texture of the suit in this pic, i think suede all day. a perfect match in every way.post #72864 of 787173/17/14 at 10:05pmpost #72865 of 787173/17/14 at 11:40pm
Further post-nightshift pics. Get some new socks and the pattern you can see here better: http://www.meschaussettesrouges.com/en/cotton-lisle-socks/127-brown-navy-cotton-socks.htmlpost #72866 of 787173/17/14 at 11:53pm
I really do hope some time in the near future, this thread gets back to what it was when I first joined almost 10 months ago.
Pardon my french, but we are all fucking adults here and I only started doing this forum thing because it seemed like I could learn a thing or two from you guys but it seems that one lonely fellow who wants to gain a following turned everyone into petty "girly men" as my boy Arnold would say.
Please, this is the internet and I do hope that most everyone here has an actual life to live besides that of a constant forum lurker because some people let this stuff get to them so much that it makes me wonder what else you guys do with your time.
This is by no means a bashing post but this is a fucking forum to post Classic Menswear fits and maybe give some thumbs and some critiques here and there but mainly just appreciate the forum instead of turning it into the men's Gossip Girl thread.
I love you all and I greatly appreciate the wealth of knowledge I have gained but lets just keep this what it is. A forum....stop getting butt hurt, stop beating a dead horse and please lets just get back to posting what's important.
And for God's Sake RTC, I love St. Patty's Day and all but that jacket just like most of the suits that Craig Sager with TNT wears needs to be burned lolpost #72867 of 787173/17/14 at 11:57pmpost #72868 of 787173/18/14 at 12:36am
agree, the texture's key - suede + blue flannel suit = but suede + blue worsted suit =Originally Posted by in stitches
could not disagree more. when i see the lovely texture of the suit in this pic, i think suede all day. a perfect match in every way.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #72869 of 787173/18/14 at 1:28am
After some further research we found out that the PS was bought in China late 1910's. Almost 100 years old. I will treasure it.
Quote:Originally Posted by Anden
I was gifted this amazing silk PS from a dear friend. It belonged to her father and is from the 1930's. Super thin, hand printed with handrolled edges.
Photo (Click to show)post #72870 of 787173/18/14 at 1:39amQuote:
I take your point - and remember, I already emphasized that I totally recognise that @Braddock was doing something deliberate and informed, not that it was wrong. However, I certainly think some well-polished brogues would work beautifully too and that's what I would have gone for if I had, by some chance, put anything of this quality together. I am not talking about significantly more formal shoes being appropriate here. I think I also agree with @Henry Carter that if suede is the way to go, it could be darker. But, as usual with most of the observations I make on excellent fits, we are talking about details at the very top end of things. Suede or calf or something else, this remains one of the best fits I have ever seen on SF.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Can you help verify if this cashmere kiton sweater is authentic? 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...