or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 482  

post #7216 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
OK, this is serves as a good reference for something I've been wondering: Are the sleeves on Fred's jacket the right length (i.e., he needs a shirt with longer sleeves), or should the jacket sleeves be shortened? I assume the latter, but iDunno.

I think the jacket sleeves should be shortened just a bit - about 1/2". And his shirt sleeves should be exactly as long as his jacket sleeve is currently.

The 'general rule' for jacket sleeves that I've always used is that they should hit dead center on the protrusion of the wrist bone.
post #7217 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post
Fellow Dutchie, I've noticed you have been utterly stubborn about accepting feedback on this fit. Nonetheless, I would like to emphasise the fact that this looks ridiculousy tight. This makes you look rather fat and too poor to buy clothing that fits you right. Please, take note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by molayo View Post
I am working on Saturday.
I feel your pain, man.
post #7218 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir View Post
Fellow Dutchie, I've noticed you have been utterly stubborn about accepting feedback on this fit. Nonetheless, I would like to emphasise the fact that this looks ridiculousy tight. This makes you look rather fat and too poor to buy clothing that fits you right. Please, take note. I feel your pain, man.
Fellow dutchie, i'm developing on the style (Italian) i'm aiming for, and taking suggestions with me. If the are based on substantial arguments. But that's why we are on this forum, atleast for me.
post #7219 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post
Fellow dutchie, i bet only the watch i wear would be more money in totall then just one totall outfit of yours. Anyway i'm working on my style and taking suggestions with me, if the are based on substantial arguments.

Then please note this substantial argument.........I believe that absolutely everyone on here who has offered you feedback has indicated that your fits are simply too tight and unsuitable for your build. And I completely agree.

Further - your replies to our comments are defensive, argumentative, and don't demonstrate a willingness to participate in a substantial discussion regarding either your fits nor others.

Your response above is rude and inappropriate.

Learn how to play team or leave us alone, please.
post #7220 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post
Fellow dutchie, i bet only the watch i wear would be more money in totall on value then just one completely outfit of yours. Anyway i'm developing on my style and taking suggestions with me, if the are based on substantial arguments. But that's why we are on this forum.

I'm sorry. But A they are right. Your clothes are to tight. This is not an offense, just a remark. And B your comment about the costs is totally uncalled for. This is Styleforum, not spend ridiculous amounts of cash on clothes forum.

Just my 2 cents.
post #7221 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post
Then please note this substantial argument.........I believe that absolutely everyone on here who has offered you feedback has indicated that your fits are simply too tight and unsuitable for your build. And I completely agree.
Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatizing things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.
post #7222 of 78723
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Might as well...


Getting warm, will probably keep jacket off.


Hi Vox.


Hi Homer,

It all looks good. I coulda used a bit more brightness/color in the tie.....but what do I know?????
post #7223 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post
Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatication things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.

I understand that you want to develop an "Italian cut" look that accentuates a slim look. The issue is that extremely slim still means your fabric should not be pulling. I promise that if you actually let out the jacket a little bit (emphasis on a little) it will make your Italian cut look even better.
post #7224 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by veneto View Post
I understand that you want to develop an "Italian cut" look that accentuates a slim look. The issue is that extremely slim still means your fabric should not be pulling. I promise that if you actually let out the jacket a little bit (emphasis on a little) it will make your Italian cut look even better.
Yes i think so , i ordered a new mtm jacket with a looser fit in the colour navy, which i would posts soon. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.
post #7225 of 78723
Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








post #7226 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny58 View Post
Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









I like the shirt, nice and summery. I like the jacket, too, but separate from the shirt.
post #7227 of 78723
TTO - why do you not have a placket on the shirt? i've read lots of differing opinions on this but to me, it just seems like workwear if there isn't a placket on it. also it's asymmetrical which bothers me.
post #7228 of 78723
@Sunny:
Another very decent summery smart-casual combo. Something about the fit of that jacket is off, particularly in the lower quarters which seem uneven but this may be a function of it being too big around the waist and hips. Maybe if you have it nipped at the waist it will hang better. not sure about this so anyone better I formed please chip in!
post #7229 of 78723
Didn't feel on doing jacket/tie today, and was only out doing some errands. Proper pants, just for you Navi!
post #7230 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Please, ignore the mirror marks (/blurry second image); it's tooth-paste, I swear! I have yet to find a good place to take fit picks in my house! Also, I'm wearing the loafers pictured (no socks). (I don't know why I didn't take a picture of them...) The lapels are weedy, I know, but this is a ~£60, linen jacket, from Uniqlo (and the only linen jacket I have!), so go figure!
Huh? Weedy lapels? IMO, your jacket looks great! I wish my navy? (is that navy?) blazer fit that well on me! Loafers no socks are the way to go, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Might as well... Getting warm, will probably keep jacket off. Hi Vox. [/SPOILER]
You do patterns and colors superbly well. Striped shirt + patterned bowtie + nantucket reds + striped belt, and it doesn't seem over-the-top ostentatious. Very well done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny58 View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your fit is pretty good, and I like your pants. I think what Iamniceman is referring to is your waist suppression being a little high? I'm not quite sure about this though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post
[SPOILER]Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatizing things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.
Just like you, my fits sit on the tighter end of the Styleforum spectrum. Some of my fits haven't been well-received, but that'st just how it is. Please don't take this the wrong way, but personally, I believe your clothes would fit better if you lost a little around the waist (I spotted a little belly based on the pictures you posted).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III