Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4805
Styleforum Top Picks
^^^ yes it is awsm and amazing
pwhinson thecut of the jacket looks nice.
re: the tie- let me say that any paisley is iffy here but blue pink and is it brown? paisley in a half-Windsor is a bridge to far
Isaia jacket, Brooks Brothers shirt, Peter Millar tie, wool tropical slacks, Carmina whiskey cordovan balmoral boots.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm surprised none of you gentlemen noticed that the sleeves are too long on the jacket; need to get them shortened.
Re the tie, interested in other opinions, I purchased the tie because it had a ground (maroonish/brown) that was identical to the jacket and although the blue and pink are a bit "bright" I figured I could use the tie with a pale blue, pink or ecru shirt with the same jacket which would provide some versatility.
Not afraid of color in the tie (obviously I'm not going for the boardroom look; I love color and pattern).
About the knot - I have a hard time deciding on this and I usually end up with a half-windsor because it produces nice symmetry which I find pleasing with a spread collar or semi-spread coller. But on the other hand I have a hard time getting the knot much smaller than this.
SHIELD YOUR EYES (here are some other tie options I considered - I like all the new Zegna silk prints although they are hideously expensive). Open to opinions. Flame away!
I think its inevitable but it may not get to department stores as a leading edge style for another 4. Although the DB is quite hot now, I just don't think it will make it back as a mainstream look, the three button is traditional and looks just enough different.
Having said that, I think In this day and age you can of course wear all kinds of different styles, as long as the quality is there.
Well if we're doing grey stripe DB suits and Vancouver first-timers, it seems churlish to resist...(edit: I should second all the praise for Cleav's, it's fantastic.)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
suit's from an HK mystery tailor (doesn't really show in the picture, but it's a 4x1 three piece), shirt is Jantzen, tie is Sam Hober.
Clean, sharp look. I enjoy the stripes on stripes.
Thanks. I thought it was red and green should never be seen. I never cared or that rule though. If blue and green should never be seen, then my affair with black watch is more scandalous than I thought. Not that it's going to stop me. I also really like red, navy, and green combos. It's a part of one of my favorite patterns: argyll and sutherland highlander.
Closer looks and bonus pics, nothing for denim haters (Click to show)
Edit: If you wonder about the messed up hair - yes, it was windy as hell.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 36 seconds ago
- › The rebuilding process 40 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Superman VS Batman - Movie Thread (July 17, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20140307: DocHolliday's White Shirt Blues 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 5 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw