I've heard a saying that blue and green should never be seen but I really like that outfit! I've got a green corduroy suit that I can't wait to wear as the weather over here gets cooler.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4805post #72061 of 787173/8/14 at 9:08ampost #72062 of 787173/8/14 at 9:09ampost #72063 of 787173/8/14 at 9:39amQuote:Originally Posted by AdamWill
Well if we're doing grey stripe DB suits and Vancouver first-timers, it seems churlish to resist...(edit: I should second all the praise for Cleav's, it's fantastic.)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
suit's from an HK mystery tailor (doesn't really show in the picture, but it's a 4x1 three piece), shirt is Jantzen, tie is Sam Hober.
Clean, sharp look. I enjoy the stripes on stripes.post #72064 of 787173/8/14 at 9:55amQuote:
Thanks. I thought it was red and green should never be seen. I never cared or that rule though. If blue and green should never be seen, then my affair with black watch is more scandalous than I thought. Not that it's going to stop me. I also really like red, navy, and green combos. It's a part of one of my favorite patterns: argyll and sutherland highlander.post #72065 of 787173/8/14 at 10:28amSpring's a coming, spent the day at lovely Djurgården in Stockholm. Wearing a new favourite shirt - flannel gingham with spread collar (from Tweed Country Sports).
Closer looks and bonus pics, nothing for denim haters (Click to show)
Edit: If you wonder about the messed up hair - yes, it was windy as hell.post #72066 of 787173/8/14 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Brown tie with black shoes
nice Don, I prefer your more subdued color paletteQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
Spring's a coming, spent the day at lovely Djurgården in Stockholm. Wearing a new favourite shirt - flannel gingham with spread collar (from Tweed Country Sports).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Closer looks and bonus pics, nothing for denim haters (Click to show)
EFV- wow, I may look into emigrating to Sweden. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics
re: your paisleys- now you're just trolling
.. if you like them that's your biz, they just won't get much love here. IME when paisleys work at all it's only when they're paired with very plain everything else.
For some reason I can't quote your full post, but re: your sleeve length, I don't comment on glaring fit issues- the poster is usually well aware of them .
Your second more rustic look above is more successful IMOpost #72067 of 787173/8/14 at 6:11pmpost #72068 of 787173/8/14 at 6:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred49
afternoon gents Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
almost did not recognize you out of the chair.Quote:Originally Posted by pwhinson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
love the SC. all the ties make me want to scream. sorry.post #72069 of 787173/8/14 at 6:47pm
I think the colors here are really nice, but I would prefer a square with a larger pattern or motif. Here it clashes with the tie IMO due to both being "neats". I think this is actually the main reason that manton hates squares with "tie patterns". No hate, love your stuff.post #72070 of 787173/8/14 at 6:53pmpost #72071 of 787173/8/14 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by luv2breformed
I think the colors here are really nice, but I would prefer a square with a larger pattern or motif. Here it clashes with the tie IMO due to both being "neats". I think this is actually the main reason that manton hates squares with "tie patterns". No hate, love your stuff.
I love the very unstructured character of the jacket - the roll of the lapels, the pic stitching. In agreement with l2b on the pattern/scale issue.
love the SC. all the ties make me want to scream. sorry.
l2b: No need to apologize - you're the only one so far to man up! - Paulpost #72072 of 787173/8/14 at 9:59pmpost #72073 of 787173/8/14 at 10:24pmI'm still struggling to see either what value your pictures bring to this board, or what value you expect to get from showing pictures like that.
There have been a few females who have been welcome on this thread, including a very attractive Korean rock chick, but they got into the spirit of the thread by posting pics of full outfits and either inviting or providing critique. A head shot and a list of what we can't see is all just a bit pointless really.post #72074 of 787173/8/14 at 10:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I'm still struggling to see either what value your pictures bring to this board, or what value you expect to get from showing pictures like that.
There have been a few females who have been welcome on this thread, including a very attractive Korean rock chick, but they got into the spirit of the thread by posting pics of full outfits and either inviting or providing critique. A head shot and a list of what we can't see is all just a bit pointless really.
It's all very meta, or something....
I figure she's the new kitonbrionipost #72075 of 787173/8/14 at 10:45pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Going from greasemonkey to business casual 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott The Cast 2, Plumas or Coast 16 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 19 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...