or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4805  

post #72061 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Going dark.  









I've heard a saying that blue and green should never be seen but I really like that outfit! I've got a green corduroy suit that I can't wait to wear as the weather over here gets cooler.
post #72062 of 78717

Brown tie with black shoes

 

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #72063 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWill View Post

Well if we're doing grey stripe DB suits and Vancouver first-timers, it seems churlish to resist...(edit: I should second all the praise for Cleav's, it's fantastic.)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


suit's from an HK mystery tailor (doesn't really show in the picture, but it's a 4x1 three piece), shirt is Jantzen, tie is Sam Hober.

Clean, sharp look. I enjoy the stripes on stripes.
post #72064 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post


I've heard a saying that blue and green should never be seen but I really like that outfit! I've got a green corduroy suit that I can't wait to wear as the weather over here gets cooler.

Thanks.  I thought it was red and green should never be seen.  I never cared or that rule though.  If blue and green should never be seen, then my affair with black watch is more scandalous than I thought.  Not that it's going to stop me.  I also really like red, navy, and green combos.  It's a part of one of my favorite patterns: argyll and sutherland highlander.  

post #72065 of 78717
Spring's a coming, spent the day at lovely Djurgården in Stockholm. Wearing a new favourite shirt - flannel gingham with spread collar (from Tweed Country Sports).

Closer looks and bonus pics, nothing for denim haters (Click to show)






Edit: If you wonder about the messed up hair - yes, it was windy as hell.
post #72066 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

Brown tie with black shoes

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

nice Don,  I prefer your more subdued color palette

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Spring's a coming, spent the day at lovely Djurgården in Stockholm. Wearing a new favourite shirt - flannel gingham with spread collar (from Tweed Country Sports).
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Closer looks and bonus pics, nothing for denim haters (Click to show)
 
Edit: If you wonder about the messed up hair - yes, it was windy as hell.

 

 

EFV-  wow,  I may look into emigrating to Sweden.  Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics :slayer:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhinson View Post
 

 

 

 

 

re: your paisleys-  now you're just trolling :plain:

 

.. if you like them that's your biz, they just won't get much love here.  IME when paisleys work at all it's only when they're paired with very plain everything else.

 

For some reason I can't quote your full post, but re: your sleeve length,  I don't comment on glaring fit issues-   the poster is usually well aware of them .

 

Your second more rustic look above is more successful IMO

post #72067 of 78717

I had to suit up again after quite some time.

 

 

Pants were medium/dark gray, black shoes.

post #72068 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

afternoon gents Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


almost did not recognize you out of the chair. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhinson View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Isaia jacket, Brooks Brothers shirt, Peter Millar tie, wool tropical slacks, Carmina whiskey cordovan balmoral boots.




















Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhinson View Post




love the SC. all the ties make me want to scream. sorry.
post #72069 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezziamo View Post

I had to suit up again after quite some time.

I think the colors here are really nice, but I would prefer a square with a larger pattern or motif. Here it clashes with the tie IMO due to both being "neats". I think this is actually the main reason that manton hates squares with "tie patterns". No hate, love your stuff.
post #72070 of 78717

Very good suggestion l2b, I'll definitely take this into account in the future when I'll use this PS again.

post #72071 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post


I think the colors here are really nice, but I would prefer a square with a larger pattern or motif. Here it clashes with the tie IMO due to both being "neats". I think this is actually the main reason that manton hates squares with "tie patterns". No hate, love your stuff.

I love the very unstructured character of the jacket - the roll of the lapels, the pic stitching. In agreement with l2b on the pattern/scale issue.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhinson View Post
 


love the SC. all the ties make me want to scream. sorry.

 

l2b: No need to apologize - you're the only one so far to man up!   - Paul

post #72072 of 78717
Anna Matuozzo bespoke blue end on end shirt with Hot Diamonds cufflinks

Pure Blue Japan 1069-2-PP jeans

John Lobb bespoke 4" boots

Levi's black parka jacket/coat
post #72073 of 78717
I'm still struggling to see either what value your pictures bring to this board, or what value you expect to get from showing pictures like that.

There have been a few females who have been welcome on this thread, including a very attractive Korean rock chick, but they got into the spirit of the thread by posting pics of full outfits and either inviting or providing critique. A head shot and a list of what we can't see is all just a bit pointless really.
post #72074 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

I'm still struggling to see either what value your pictures bring to this board, or what value you expect to get from showing pictures like that.

There have been a few females who have been welcome on this thread, including a very attractive Korean rock chick, but they got into the spirit of the thread by posting pics of full outfits and either inviting or providing critique. A head shot and a list of what we can't see is all just a bit pointless really.

It's all very meta, or something....

I figure she's the new kitonbrioni
post #72075 of 78717
Aye but with kitonbrioni if you clicked the link on his posts it would lead you to exhaustive photos of his daily outfits.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III