Derk, deets on SC right NAOW
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4797post #71941 of 787173/6/14 at 1:43pmpost #71942 of 787173/6/14 at 1:46pmpost #71943 of 787173/6/14 at 2:20pmpost #71944 of 787173/6/14 at 2:38pm
The jacket is black/white herringbone harris tweed, but is showing up as slightly blue in the pictures for some reason. I need to get more spring/summer SC's. I'm really going to miss wearing tweed. Though, I might be wearing them till may at this rate...
And yes, those are kiltie tassle loafers with a longwing. Kiltie tassle gunboats? Word. Totally beantown approved.
Edit: Shoutout to @jgill79 for the tie!
Edited by ridethecliche - 3/6/14 at 2:52pmpost #71945 of 787173/6/14 at 2:43pmpost #71946 of 787173/6/14 at 2:45pmpost #71947 of 787173/6/14 at 3:03pmQuote:
Yes; part of the reason I wore it, in fact. Trouble is, now that I see it, I'm afraid I won't be able to unsee it. And half my rotation may fall victim.
The button point is, indeed, most unfortunate. But not enough to deter me from wearing it.post #71948 of 787173/6/14 at 3:34pm
Bringin' the bluntness, RTC:
You may see people wearing kiltie wingtip tassel loafers, but that doesn't make them any more okay. Basically, if getting the gist of a shoe across is that complicated, you should worry.
Also your white balance is totally screwed, but that jacket + that tie + those cords are pretty cool.post #71949 of 787173/6/14 at 3:37pm
Oh yeah, I'm fully aware that those shoes get no love here, but I dig them. Dig dig dig dig. Also boat shoes and penny loafers. Boat shoes are like... ubiquitous around here. I think these are more 'summer' shoes, but they're fun for me.
I also really don't like split toe shoes at all, but those are pretty CM approved so there's that.
Also also, I really wish I had a grey cardigan that I could have worn here instead...I could have gone for a sweater vest but wasn't feeling that.post #71950 of 787173/6/14 at 3:42pm
Boat shoes and penny loafers are good, though.
It's really the kiltie I'm not down with. And the low-ish vamp. I have a higher-than-average (read greater-than-zero) tolerance for wingtip tassel loafers.
But I've basically never seen a kiltie I liked. They always look like the shoe is panting like a dog.
Also, I've never really seen gunboat-ish shoes as summertime kicks. Just never made sense for me.post #71951 of 787173/6/14 at 3:49pmpost #71952 of 787173/6/14 at 4:03pmpost #71953 of 787173/6/14 at 4:08pmpost #71954 of 787173/6/14 at 4:11pmpost #71955 of 787173/6/14 at 5:06pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 16 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 55 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Formosa Fox Flannel SC, Size 48 (fits 40/50R) 2 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Shannon balmoral boots, Dark Oak, 82 last UK9E with... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...