Thank you very much for your kind words ... really. Let's say that pairing I succeeded well =) For any are at your disposal. Thank you again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4793post #71881 of 787173/6/14 at 3:06ampost #71882 of 787173/6/14 at 3:08ampost #71883 of 787173/6/14 at 3:10amAnother nice pic Pingson. I like the slightly off beat colour of your trousers there, not sure what that's called but a nice change from more traditional gray, charcoal, stone, putty etc. and pairs well with the jacket.post #71884 of 787173/6/14 at 3:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Victor Elfo
Recommendation for the next one, a lower buttoning point. I am aware that I am going against the trend towards high buttoning points, but that one deserves some comment, the lower button is way above the hip pockets line. A more balanced buttoning (look, I am advocating for a low) will be more flattering and more comfortable. Would also play with the lapels shape and with the sleeve length.
I agree, actually. The front of this suit needed lifting up a bit after being cut too long (I'm not as fat as I used to be), and the mark for the button seems to have gone with it. It's funny, I don't know why I didn't notice wearing it, but sometimes it takes a pic on SF to get a proper perspective. I'm not unhappy with it, and rather than modern it looks rather old-fashioned and stuffy to me, in a way that I rather like given the rest of the style. But I immediately went back to the tailor last night to ensure a lower button stance on the next two, lighter weight suits. You're right about the sleeves too, just a touch too long. As for the lapels, well, you be you and I'll be me. :) I got my hair cut last night too. Just in case it was worrying anyone.
Seriously, thanks for the input - specific suggestions like that are always helpful, even if sometimes we disagree. Feedback that makes us question assumptions is a real bonus of SF sharing.
P.S. I've never had twenty thumbs. I got nineteen once, but I'd be far too ashamed to ask. However, when I get those next two suits, I'll be hoping for some heavily-devalued thumb love.post #71885 of 787173/6/14 at 3:20ampost #71886 of 787173/6/14 at 3:29amQuote:
I think the colour was called "corn"...
Moleskinpost #71887 of 787173/6/14 at 4:00ampost #71888 of 787173/6/14 at 4:02am
A new suit - not exactly thrifted but I did get it for an outrageous price (the shop is going out of business).
I had it tailored of course but I fear the jacket was taken in a bit too much, now that I am wearing it away from the store. The lapels are bowing slightly so I might take it to a (better) tailor and get it let out a bit. Also the sleeves are longer than I prefer. But overall, I'm happy with it - it is very similar to the Suit Supply 'Lazio' model I had my eye on for a while.post #71889 of 787173/6/14 at 4:08ampost #71890 of 787173/6/14 at 4:24amI do hate to disappoint you, but I failed to attend the Whitney Biennial last night, due to the fact that a). the temperatures were below freezing, and b). the line to enter stretched from the museum entrance on Madison between 74th and 75th Sts., up Madison Ave, across 75th St. to Park Ave., down Park Ave. to 74th St., and a bit of it on 74th between Park and Madison. The hipsters obviously have more resistance to cold than I do.
Digging into the archive of suits, I've dug out something not worn for a while. Hope that it meets with some level of approval.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #71891 of 787173/6/14 at 4:25ampost #71892 of 787173/6/14 at 4:36ampost #71893 of 787173/6/14 at 4:54ampost #71894 of 787173/6/14 at 4:58amQuote:Which definition of funky did you have in mind;
4. Slanga. Characterized by originality and modishness; unconventionalb. Outlandishly vulgar or eccentric in a humorous or tongue-in-cheek manner
PS is wool/silk from Drake's a few years back (got it from our own Malford) and the moleskin trousers are the single pleated (gasp!) version from Pakeman Catto & Carter....
Nice tie BTW - really envious of that one I am....post #71895 of 787173/6/14 at 5:00am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 14 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 22 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 22 minutes ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 23 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 30 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 39 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 40 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...