or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4772  

post #71566 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Wow. 19 thumbs on both Thursday and Friday. Thanks guys. One more and I would have been in Clags HOF thread.

Looks like 20 to me.
post #71567 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


Looks like 20 to me.

 

I vote for him and the pics are in the HOF thread too:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381083/waywrn-composite-20-thumb-minimum/60#post_6968964

post #71568 of 78717

@AAS, I like your outfit, very simple colours. Yes, I'm wearing thicker socks too

 

@PCK1, nice shoes.

 

@GianniCerutti, thank you for pointing that out. Superb, congratulations Stitiches! Wish my pants all dropped like that.

 

@Coxsackie, nice suit.

post #71569 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

I am still laughing at 38R's fit: it's either genius trolling or simply the worst fitpic seen here since that singer dude with the tats and the attitude. Either way, hilarious.


You should have seen his posts proclaiming that the notion that one should not button the bottom button of one's suit jacket was "bullshit."
post #71570 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post


You should have seen his posts proclaiming that the notion that one should not button the bottom button of one's suit jacket was "bullshit."

That was his advice in regards to a fit issue I had. Personally, I wouldn't wear both buttons done up. I think though, while every has the right of free speech that those who disagree just ignore the comment, don't feed the troll (Not calling 38R a troll). Chastising him as openly as some do might seem ungentlemanly to me and I feel most of us strive to be gentlemen, albeit, extremely well dressed gentlemen. 

post #71571 of 78717
Challenge X-post:

Steven Hitchcock SB Navy flannel blazer NO VENT (OMG!) - Ambrosi Minnis 300 flannel trousers - NSM shirt - Rubinacci knit tie and PS - John Lobb St James's nubucks
bigstar[1].gif




emwx.jpg

0rys.jpg

3vga.jpg
Edited by Butler - 3/1/14 at 8:11am
post #71572 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

Challenge X-post:

Steven Hitchcock SB Navy flannel blazer NO VENT (OMG) - Ambrosi Minnis 300 flannel trousers - NSM shirt - Rubinacci knit tie and PS - John Lobb St James's nubucks
bigstar[1].gif




kyc1.jpg

0rys.jpg

3vga.jpg

Silly question, are you actually someone's butler? Do you work for Bruce Wayne?:worship2:

post #71573 of 78717
Great as usual @Butler, I wish the main picture was a little clearer, but we can al see how well the coat suits you. Love the subtle dots on the tie.
-TTO
post #71574 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post

Great as usual @Butler, I wish the main picture was a little clearer, but we can al see how well the coat suits you. Love the subtle dots on the tie.
-TTO

Thanks - edited the pic to something a little better! bigstar[1].gif
post #71575 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnathor View Post

That was his advice in regards to a fit issue I had. Personally, I wouldn't wear both buttons done up. I think though, while every has the right of free speech that those who disagree just ignore the comment, don't feed the troll (Not calling 38R a troll). Chastising him as openly as some do might seem ungentlemanly to me and I feel most of us strive to be gentlemen, albeit, extremely well dressed gentlemen. 


If you want to take time out of your life, do a search and see how he got started here...with outrageous defensiveness to what was (initially) constructive criticism. The fact that he proudly posted that sartorial abortion yesterday while insulting what Stitchy had on moved us well beyond a diagnosis of "troll" to what can clearly be deemed "mentally ill."
post #71576 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

 

I vote for him and the pics are in the HOF thread too:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381083/waywrn-composite-20-thumb-minimum/60#post_6968964

Cheers mate!

post #71577 of 78717
Yesterday


Today

post #71578 of 78717
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

Something a little different from me today.

 

Fun suit; is it Suitsupply? I was looking at that one myself a while back but figured I just wouldn't wear it all that much.

 

Butler - it's nice to see a no-vent jacket occasionally in this thread. I only have one no-vent suit (a midnight-navy worsted flannel MTM job with peak lapels and so it therefore has a vaguely tux-esque vibe when worn at night, so the lack of vents seemed appropriate), but that suit's getting a little old now and I'm idly thinking about ordering a new but similar one next autumn... bespoke this time, but once again with no vents. We'll see... they are tough to get right, it seems to me.

post #71579 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

If you want to take time out of your life, do a search and see how he got started here...with outrageous defensiveness to what was (initially) constructive criticism. The fact that he proudly posted that sartorial abortion yesterday while insulting what Stitchy had on moved us well beyond a diagnosis of "troll" to what can clearly be deemed "mentally ill."
I hear you. I'm not trying to defend anyone, gnome'sayin? I much prefer stitchy's style, he's the man.
post #71580 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Fun suit; is it Suitsupply? I was looking at that one myself a while back but figured I just wouldn't wear it all that much.

Butler - it's nice to see a no-vent jacket occasionally in this thread. I only have one no-vent suit (a midnight-navy worsted flannel MTM job with peak lapels and so it therefore has a vaguely tux-esque vibe when worn at night, so the lack of vents seemed appropriate), but that suit's getting a little old now and I'm idly thinking about ordering a new but similar one next autumn... bespoke this time, but once again with no vents. We'll see... they are tough to get right, it seems to me.

There's very little room for error. I have a dinner suit without vents that fit perfectly until I gained about 4-5lbs over the holidays. The ventlessness makes it that you have to stay in a very narrow weight range, at least that's my limited experience.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III