Come on IS, you're way better off not bothering with this kind of thing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4769post #71521 of 787172/28/14 at 10:42ampost #71522 of 787172/28/14 at 10:47amQuote:
Sometimes things need to be said. This was one of those times. The question was rhetorical.post #71523 of 787172/28/14 at 10:48ampost #71524 of 787172/28/14 at 10:56am
I think a lighter vest might be kinda cool. You're playing with contrast ranges, which are kind of sacrosanct (you might call them a "sacred cow"), but I think you could push it even further.
But, dude, if you truly "don't give a fuck," then you don't post selfies. If you give just one, you post a selfie and you're outie 5000.post #71525 of 787172/28/14 at 11:01ampost #71526 of 787172/28/14 at 11:01ampost #71527 of 787172/28/14 at 11:14amThanks for the support yesterday, guys. Appreciate the kind words.
Today, and x post to challenge.
Better color representation of the tie, which is a deep cranberry red, plus full shots! (Click to show)
Borrelli (I has a sad about this shirt -- discovered the beginnings of collar fray this morning. )
Meerminpost #71528 of 787172/28/14 at 11:20ampost #71529 of 787172/28/14 at 11:23ampost #71530 of 787172/28/14 at 11:34am
That kind of paisley/stripe thing is kind of a '70s look. The texture of that could be madder (which is a printing technique, not a type of pattern). I don't generally do two paisleys together, but this actually works pretty well. It's matchier than SF likes, but I don't think it's too far in that direction.
The '70s tie, tweed trousers, and jodphurs are pretty cool together, and balance each other out. I'd say this is the kind of thing that gets across a lot of personality (whether the messages it sends are the ones you want to send is another issue), but which is basically classically tasteful. Of course, my quirkiness tolerance is pretty high.post #71531 of 787172/28/14 at 11:35amQuote:
That jacket appears to fit you better than others I've seen, which indicates you're starting to dial in fit. The trou are nice and neutral and go well with the jacket, while also having some textural interest. They may be a bit too textured for that jacket, but I'm willing to go with it. Socks look nicely contrasted as well. The tie isn't my style and is a bit light overall for the fit. The colors in the PS aren't the problem it's the scale. It's quite large and is in tension with the tie. I suspect at that scale it might be in tension with anything but a solid.
One piece of advice that's stuck with me (though I rarely seem to actually achieve it -- intentionally or otherwise) is not to let any aspect of the fit shout. Here, the PS and the tie are having a shouting match with each other.
Also, if you're inclined toward button collar shirts, as and if you're able, I'd upgrade. J Press does a nice button collar that gets a decent roll. Older Brooks does as well, as do some of the Neapolitans. All command fair prices on Ebay, but you're most likely to find a J Press that slips through, especially if it's "classic fit." Those can very easily be slimmed at the side seams -- easily done yourself or relatively inexpensively at your local tailor.
Hard to tell if the tie is true madder, but I doubt it. True madders are usually on gum silk (though not always), and that doesn't look it. The colors are close to the madder family, but I'd just call it loud paisley with muted colors.post #71532 of 787172/28/14 at 11:39amQuote:
I don't think that's correct. I think madder refers to the dyes, so it's correct to ask whether it's madder colors. Madder and ancient madder are usually printed on gum silk, but I think that's primarily because the soft, muted colors nicely complement the matte finish of gum silk.post #71533 of 787172/28/14 at 11:42ampost #71534 of 787172/28/14 at 11:48ampost #71535 of 787172/28/14 at 11:50amThough I follow this thread daily, I rarely take the time to post my own fits. The challenge this week was something I wear on such a regular basis, I found a few minutes to take a couple.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › SuitSupply Washington Half - 38R 1 minute ago
- › SuitSupply 38R Soho DB Sport Coat - BNWOT 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply BNWOT Soho DB Suit - 38R 3 minutes ago
- › BOGLIOLI Wool/Cotton/Cashmere Light Brown Sportcoat Size 48IT/38US 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 25 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...