Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4766post #71476 of 787222/27/14 at 7:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #71477 of 787222/27/14 at 7:16pmQuote:
This is not bad advice, though the jacket/shirt/tie there is not too bad.
Don't fold patterned squares. Default to a puff of some kind.
The coat is borderline tight.
I agree that the coat is a bit short, but the combination is good.
If you listen to Vox about one thing, let it be that you shouldn't wear patterned trousers with a patterned jacket. I also think the sweater doesn't go with the coat -- the greens clash, to my eye.post #71478 of 787222/27/14 at 7:35pmpost #71479 of 787222/27/14 at 9:17pmQuote:
Yeah, I'd say the jacket was a little too small all round - but if it fits in the shoulders and you can let it out, it's salvageable. Otherwise, I'm afraid, the only solutions are 1. never to button the jacket (and you can get away with that with a 3-piece); or 2. lose some weight!post #71480 of 787222/28/14 at 1:05amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Some damn fine work today, gents. And thanks for the thumbs yesterday.
Full shot/deets (Click to show)
Pal Zileri by Zegna, I think
D'Avenzati (though, if I'm honest, I lost my nerve at the last minute and decided to swap them out for Martegani dubmonks that I felt better about exposing to the snow)
Great combinations and beautiful colors .... and also beautiful shoes .... congratulations.post #71481 of 787222/28/14 at 1:13ampost #71482 of 787222/28/14 at 1:19ampost #71483 of 787222/28/14 at 2:23ampost #71484 of 787222/28/14 at 2:35ampost #71485 of 787222/28/14 at 2:37ampost #71486 of 787222/28/14 at 2:56ampost #71487 of 787222/28/14 at 3:01ampost #71488 of 787222/28/14 at 3:07ampost #71489 of 787222/28/14 at 3:50ampost #71490 of 787222/28/14 at 3:57amLast night was a triple-header - Paul Stuart's, the Museum of Modern Art, and dinner afterwards - more active than your average Thursday night.
It's still cold in NYC (colder even than yesterday), hence repeat of overcoat, and addition of fur hat.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 34 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › RL C&J CORDOVAN SHOES JUNE '14 EDITION and other rlpl shoe models... 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...