Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4759post #71371 of 787222/26/14 at 8:54am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #71372 of 787222/26/14 at 9:22ampost #71373 of 787222/26/14 at 9:29ampost #71374 of 787222/26/14 at 10:08ampost #71375 of 787222/26/14 at 10:17ampost #71376 of 787222/26/14 at 10:19ampost #71377 of 787222/26/14 at 10:41ampost #71378 of 787222/26/14 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by arnathor
I am trying to justify this orphaned suit jacket Annie (Click to show)that I thrifted a couple months ago.
I like it a lot and feel I can in fact wear it without looking like I don't know how to dress. I've paired it with flannel trousers and anchored it with a cutaway royal oxford and toned down cashmere tie.
I feel in terms of formality nothing is out of place, I am not trying to be ostentatious or a menswear peacock. But is it a fruitless venture to wear an orphaned jacket, even this cool recent one? If you felt I could still pull it off, what suggestions do you gents have in terms of pairing or switching buttons?
I feel pairing contrasting trousers is a good idea and perhaps switching my these solid brown buttons for horn buttons will help play down the fact this jacket appears to be orphaned.
It doesn't work. Other than those regatta jackets, I can't think of any striped odd jacket fabrics.
Looks like it would be a great suit, so I understand why you want to salvage something from it, but it needs the matching pants.post #71379 of 787222/26/14 at 10:52ampost #71380 of 787222/26/14 at 10:54ampost #71381 of 787222/26/14 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Looking awesome Timo!
MTM by Jean-Manuel Moreau, fully canvassed, fabric by Cacciopolli
Denim shirt by Finamore
MTM trousers by HandsonDouble buckled monks by MeerminWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Could be your stance, but the jacket looks too small in the chest in these pictures.post #71382 of 787222/26/14 at 11:09ampost #71383 of 787222/26/14 at 11:15ampost #71384 of 787222/26/14 at 11:40am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 8 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 59 seconds ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...