Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4758post #71356 of 787212/26/14 at 7:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #71357 of 787212/26/14 at 7:19ampost #71358 of 787212/26/14 at 7:20am
After wearing a couple times I realized I need to lengthen the sleeves maybe .5" The Shirt is a very light blue which is not at all apparent in these pictures. Thanks Obama.
Cake (Click to show)
Shirt-Proper Cloth/Thomas Mason @Seph
Tie - Holiday & Brown
Suit - RLPL
Shoes - Carmina Austerity Brogues
Socks - Polo
PS - still working on thatpost #71359 of 787212/26/14 at 7:28ampost #71360 of 787212/26/14 at 7:28ampost #71361 of 787212/26/14 at 7:35amQuote:
I've got one and a few other PS's but I semi-forgot and mostly am working on my comfort level with them. I stand out at the office as it is a bit, and I feel a cloud of pretentiousness over me when I wear a PS over here. I'm working on them.post #71362 of 787212/26/14 at 8:04ampost #71363 of 787212/26/14 at 8:07amOriginally Posted by SeaJenOriginally Posted by Holdfast
You know, for me, it's more the concepts that go alongside each of the modes I mentioned, that turn me off them:
- The "stealth wealth elegance" vibe has cultural associations with a certain kind of heavily aspirational, "work hard/play hard", often hypocritically Puritan, professional/social climbing attitudes that make me barf.
- I have more sympathy with the "modern (pseudo-)aristocratic dandy" angle, except for the apparent baggage of emotional insecurity that seems to go with the "modern" and "pseudo" components of the concept.
An interesting schema. I can see some of what you are driving at, but other aspects less so. For instance, I can see, in "SF norms" the hypocritically Puritan, if by that you mean those with conservative views about rules, but a penchant for creating said rules in their own image when mood suits. I'm not sure what you mean by the professional/social climbing element, however, unless you also refer here to the rapid cycle through which people move from ignorant noob to dogmatic teacher, which is really how I have characterized your hypocritical Puritan.
Of course, how many people are now parsing the two classifications to see in which they fit, hoping that they fit neither and live in the hitherto undefined space that is without guile?
I don't want to get into this much more than I already have, partly because the more I talk about it, the more it comes across as an important issue to me, which it isn't particularly. Also, it makes me seem more judgemental than in practice I actually am. But briefly, what I was explaining was my own set of prejudices/biases, not about the reality of other people's lives/attitudes. The lists of traits was not about how actual posters on SF are, but rather the personality traits I associate in the wider/outside world with those aiming towards those kinds of look.
This is really nice. I think you're right to take on board the suggestions to try the same look without a hat (or at last, that particular hat).Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Actually, I believe that its mine.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've got the same cream/paisley tie (sadly, only Drake's branded...). I'm curious as to what potential outfits you'd recommend with it. I'm always looking for fresh inspiration!
Just to say that I'm really enjoying your outfits recently; you have a playful sense of colour that I like a lot.
In the close up, it kind of works, but I'm less convinced seeing it in the fuller-length pic. The scale of the paisley feels a little too close to that of the jacket's checks IMO. Also, the colours somehow seem too close too, despite the obvious differences in the close-up.post #71364 of 787212/26/14 at 8:14ampost #71365 of 787212/26/14 at 8:15ampost #71366 of 787212/26/14 at 8:19amQuote:Originally Posted by PCK1
Please explain then why Swain Adeney Brigg has on their website that they were the creators of the hat Indiana Jones wore in Raiders of the Lost ark?
Sure, I can explain that. One of them is lying.post #71367 of 787212/26/14 at 8:19ampost #71368 of 787212/26/14 at 8:22ampost #71369 of 787212/26/14 at 8:31am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Long and he is so compelling at cleaning 35 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 36 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 14 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 18 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan