or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4737  

post #71041 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Yes, I wanted the knot to have a little more substance.
It was a good call, I'd say. And I finally have confirmation of what everyone means by dfih. I learned the name as Prince Albert. No idea if tha's correct, but I like it better. Makes me sound fancy if I use them.
post #71042 of 78717
grenadine looks great, steffen.
post #71043 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

grenadine looks great, steffen.

Grazie !
post #71044 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

What a well executed classic look, Cleav! Superb as always.
(Though I'm fighting an itch to start nitpicking about the pick-stitching wink.gif )

Thanks gents, and thanks to all for the thumbs

Noice (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

too many good fits to list by name. great stuff today, iGents!

5f6be31a-5e77-4dbd-9101-2a1002a039bf_zps843b1289.jpg




Love that Panta Stitchy
post #71045 of 78717
many thanks, cleav.
post #71046 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

too many good fits to list by name. great stuff today, iGents!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
5f6be31a-5e77-4dbd-9101-2a1002a039bf_zps843b1289.jpg

[/URL]

Gents - I have been eyeing a suit of this color. I am a banker who handles companies between $10mm and $1B of revenue, across all industries. And I am in Louisville. Do you think this color is too blue for my line or work? That's been my struggle, would I stand out in a bad way in a sea of navy and charcoal... thoughts are welcome.
post #71047 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

Gents - I have been eyeing a suit of this color. I am a banker who handles companies between $10mm and $1B of revenue, across all industries. And I am in Louisville. Do you think this color is too blue for my line or work? That's been my struggle, would I stand out in a bad way in a sea of navy and charcoal... thoughts are welcome.

argh, you edited it before I got my joke in
post #71048 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I'd say yes on both counts. And that's a good way to think of balancing elements in clothing. You could move a bit here or move a bit there. Dark brown would have worked fine with that get up. Remove the stripes and maybe the vest, and brogued wingtips or captoes would work fine.





Something like this would've been perfect.

Could you go into a bit more detail on your thinking? I thought a striped suit was less formal than a solid, and brown brogues less formal than captoes.

I generally refrain from wearing brown full brogues with suits for this reason.

Is my thinking off?

J
post #71049 of 78717
Some lovely stuff today, lads.
post #71050 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


Gents - I have been eyeing a suit of this color. I am a banker who handles companies between $10mm and $1B of revenue, across all industries. And I am in Louisville. Do you think this color is too blue for my line or work? That's been my struggle, would I stand out in a bad way in a sea of navy and charcoal... thoughts are welcome.

 

What do your clients expect you to wear, the standard navy/charcoal? I'd say it's always better to err on the safe side, but you might be able to pull off a brighter blue during the warmer months. Perhaps you should look into airforce blue? It's a little different from navy, but not so much that you'll raise eyebrows. Might be hard to find OTR though.

post #71051 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

argh, you edited it before I got my joke in

that what he said?
post #71052 of 78717

Conference all week.  Yesterdays combo.

 

 

Dripped bacon grease on my shoes at breakfast.  Such internal conflict of love and anger. :spam:

post #71053 of 78717

Yesterday's fit. It was warm enough out that I wanted to go full out prep, but the shoes are out of character given that it was sloppy as fark.

@J011yroger, you'll see why I tagged you in a second.

 

 

 

 

post #71054 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

Conference all week.  Yesterdays combo.

 

 

Dripped bacon grease on my shoes at breakfast.  Such internal conflict of love and anger. :spam:

 

I've dripped bacon grease on my shoes twice...get them to a VERY GOOD cobbler ASAP...otherwise your shoes may be in trouble.

post #71055 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Yesterday's fit. It was warm enough out that I wanted to go full out prep, but the shoes are out of character given that it was sloppy as fark.

@J011yroger, you'll see why I tagged you in a second.

 

 

Next month we will have to do a twins fit. Nantucket reds, repp ties, and white OCBD. I won't wear bucs until memorial day though, so we will have to agree on shoes.

 

Actually, that would be a cool idea for a challenge, pick a partner, and both do as close to identical fits as you can.

 

J

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III