Cheers mate! The tie is green. The trousers are quite dark so the checks works. At least for me...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4731post #70951 of 787172/20/14 at 7:14ampost #70952 of 787172/20/14 at 7:36amQuote:Thanks! I guess it's because I am just unable to do a correct selfie with the full silhouette.
The tie is a Interno8, an italian brand.post #70953 of 787172/20/14 at 7:42ampost #70954 of 787172/20/14 at 7:55amToday and for the Friday challenge. Unseasonably "warm" here in the northeast, and I'm taking full advantage, busting out the 3 season worsteds.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Gray & Lampel (NYC bespoke shop)
Zegna (tie converted to a square)
TBNYpost #70955 of 787172/20/14 at 8:08ampost #70956 of 787172/20/14 at 8:15ampost #70957 of 787172/20/14 at 8:54ampost #70958 of 787172/20/14 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by mktitsworth
You're wearing a solid jacket, a solid shirt, a solid cardigan, and solid corduroy's. All of these have a very dull/matte/dry finish. You are wearing a paisley square and camo watch band, but these resolve to being solid at a distance. Your socks - given that they're alternating the same basic color of different lightness - will also resolve to solid, especially in motion. Colorwise there is little rhyme or reason, but your consistency in this would seem to indicate that you're indifferent to it.
Given the rest of the pieces though, something needs to ground things out. It needs to be subdued to match the sort of faux-country thing that's going on otherwise. It needs to have textural interest in a way that sits with the other things you've got on. Similarly, the color needs to be something that can - to whatever extent possible - bring some harmony to the discord. A black silk knit (or grenandine, which is just a specific knit) will accomplish these things. Because it's silk, it will maintain a certain smooth shine, but the light will be broken up and dulled by the knit. The wool-silk-cotton difference will serve to keep it independent from the shirt, jacket, and vest. The black will serve as that sink in the middle to draw the eye so that as the other pieces appear in the periphery around it they create a sort of balance.
It's possible that there's a better color for this, but given that you've forgone a white shirt here, something which sits in the middle of all the colors while still creating the necessary contrast is called for. Black certainly does that. Perhaps black with some grey, but not shiny bright blue on top of a lighter shiny bright blue.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
It might not be a nighttime tie, but it's most certainly a city tie. It would probably look best with a solid suit and white shirt, or a blazer and trousers in city colours and materials. Maybe a navy blazer, white shirt and grey wool trousers. Mixing very city and very country items rarely goes well, even for you.
I did a mock up and I agree that a black tie would look nice. Thank you for the recommendation. I believe, maybe incorrectly, that there are other options too. I admit I do not fully understand the whole city/country tie thing. Of course, a brown tweed tie is not city and a solid red silk tie is not country, but there seems to be a lot of in between that I'm not sure about. Case in point, the black knit tie. It's being recommended here in a country fit, but I've seen it used mostly in this forum as a city tie. I'm aware that some ties can be worn in both context. I still see this striped tie as a trad tie that can be worn casually and professionally. This fit is a bit of a mish mash. I'll try to wear it more coherently in the future. Best.post #70959 of 787172/20/14 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by beneven
The (tie) bar has been significantly lowered.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for the suggestion, I quite like Kent Wang--though I need a pinch clip otherwise the tie bar will be gone after one or two wears...
Lower. Do you play guitar or are those Hi-C juice boxes?post #70960 of 787172/20/14 at 9:22am
AAS: Regarding country/city, as I’m sure you’re aware, it’s only one of several models for judging coherence in ensembles, and can, in my experience, be a useful alternative to the related but distinct dressy/casual dichotomy.
Regarding ties, many would say that a tie with notable shine isn’t country, and, moreover, when worn in the city is best reserved for the evening; viz., it’s not just the intensity of the color but the finish which is prompting some to suggest a problem here. (The dichotomy I find useful in this case is lighting: daylight vs. nighttime.)
Note that I said “many,” not “all.”
Anyway, it’s an interesting discussion.
Acpost #70961 of 787172/20/14 at 9:33ampost #70962 of 787172/20/14 at 9:37ampost #70963 of 787172/20/14 at 9:45ampost #70964 of 787172/20/14 at 9:54am
SS has some interesting non-navy blue suits; I'm assuming that's one of their Sohos. At least, I was thinking about a very similar one myself but thought it would be too bright a shade for a DB. It looks good here though. I'm eyeing up the birdseye Napoli at the moment.
Shirt is actually pale pink; lighting's made it appear a bit lilac in the full-length shot. It's also new & unwashed/unironed so apologies for the slightly wonky collar as a result...
ETA: just realised that this is now one of my oldest ties since I got rid of a couple of the ones I bought in the late-80s/early 90s ones a few months ago. This one is about 20 years old.post #70965 of 787172/20/14 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Snoogz
Poppin in to say suit is BADASS! Great fit as well.
nonetheless, a good PS would have been nice. i regret the omission.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 11 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...