Awww CP, that's kind of you to say.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4709
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70622 of 787222/13/14 at 5:48ampost #70623 of 787222/13/14 at 5:48amQuote:
It was pure serendipity that a number of Dirnelli's old suits (that are now too large for him due to weight loss) happens to fit me like a glove. These Caraceni suits required substantially more tailoring then the Cifonelli pieces I got from him, but the end result is still pretty darn good. Anyway, the take home message is that it's Dirnelli's ability to locate vintage suits that should be lauded...Quote:Originally Posted by TweedyProfQuote:
Do you have clip on braces for your odd trousers? I've toyed with braces but pulled back since they traditionally, are worn with suits not odd trousers. But the comfort idea and the perfect placement of the trouser is really appealing.
Ni clip-ons, that's cheating! I have just put brace buttons in all my trousers (and removed belt loops on most). I know that braces are traditionally only used with suits, but I just don't care about that as comfort beats tradition in this case (for me anyway)......post #70624 of 787222/13/14 at 5:51ampost #70625 of 787222/13/14 at 6:08amQuote:
I saw Dirnelli's big suit/jacket sale via his tumbler. Too bad not in my size. You've scored well!
I agree: I would hate clip-ons. Will definitely rethink the issue. I do sometimes like wearing a belt, though, for an added visual dimension.
Edited by TweedyProf - 2/13/14 at 10:20ampost #70626 of 787222/13/14 at 6:09ampost #70627 of 787222/13/14 at 6:25ampost #70628 of 787222/13/14 at 7:20ampost #70629 of 787222/13/14 at 7:48ampost #70630 of 787222/13/14 at 7:49ampost #70631 of 787222/13/14 at 8:33am
Agreed, but people will definitely see a flash of your suspenders as you go about your day, not that there's anything wrong with that. I wish I could wear them professionally, but I'd be instantly equated to the Gordon Gekko stereotype.post #70632 of 787222/13/14 at 8:59amQuote:That is lovely. Somehow your youngest fit. Agree with you on the roping, awesome. Another deal with/from a known forumite? You're one lucky man.Originally Posted by Pingson
Thanks of the rather overwhelming thumbs support form yesterday, much appreciated!
The is the second vintage Caraceni suit that has been altered and is taken out for spin to determine any further alterations. Absolutely fantastic suits, both cloth and construction is top notch. I'm now also completely sold on roped shoulders and I will definitely be getting that on all my pieces going forward. Great stuff (Click to show)
Wear in good health.post #70633 of 787222/13/14 at 9:40ampost #70634 of 787222/13/14 at 9:57ampost #70635 of 787222/13/14 at 10:01am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1756 Active Users (466 Members and 1290 Guests)
- › LEMAIRE 13 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...