Thank you for the tumbs-up from yesterday.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4709post #70621 of 787212/13/14 at 5:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70622 of 787212/13/14 at 5:48amQuote:
It was pure serendipity that a number of Dirnelli's old suits (that are now too large for him due to weight loss) happens to fit me like a glove. These Caraceni suits required substantially more tailoring then the Cifonelli pieces I got from him, but the end result is still pretty darn good. Anyway, the take home message is that it's Dirnelli's ability to locate vintage suits that should be lauded...Quote:Originally Posted by TweedyProfQuote:
Do you have clip on braces for your odd trousers? I've toyed with braces but pulled back since they traditionally, are worn with suits not odd trousers. But the comfort idea and the perfect placement of the trouser is really appealing.
Ni clip-ons, that's cheating! I have just put brace buttons in all my trousers (and removed belt loops on most). I know that braces are traditionally only used with suits, but I just don't care about that as comfort beats tradition in this case (for me anyway)......post #70623 of 787212/13/14 at 5:51ampost #70624 of 787212/13/14 at 6:08amQuote:
I saw Dirnelli's big suit/jacket sale via his tumbler. Too bad not in my size. You've scored well!
I agree: I would hate clip-ons. Will definitely rethink the issue. I do sometimes like wearing a belt, though, for an added visual dimension.
Edited by TweedyProf - 2/13/14 at 10:20ampost #70625 of 787212/13/14 at 6:09ampost #70626 of 787212/13/14 at 6:25ampost #70627 of 787212/13/14 at 7:20ampost #70628 of 787212/13/14 at 7:48ampost #70629 of 787212/13/14 at 7:49ampost #70630 of 787212/13/14 at 8:33am
Agreed, but people will definitely see a flash of your suspenders as you go about your day, not that there's anything wrong with that. I wish I could wear them professionally, but I'd be instantly equated to the Gordon Gekko stereotype.post #70631 of 787212/13/14 at 8:59amQuote:That is lovely. Somehow your youngest fit. Agree with you on the roping, awesome. Another deal with/from a known forumite? You're one lucky man.Originally Posted by Pingson
Thanks of the rather overwhelming thumbs support form yesterday, much appreciated!
The is the second vintage Caraceni suit that has been altered and is taken out for spin to determine any further alterations. Absolutely fantastic suits, both cloth and construction is top notch. I'm now also completely sold on roped shoulders and I will definitely be getting that on all my pieces going forward. Great stuff (Click to show)
Wear in good health.post #70632 of 787212/13/14 at 9:40ampost #70633 of 787212/13/14 at 9:57ampost #70634 of 787212/13/14 at 10:01am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 1575 Active Users (311 Members and 1264 Guests)
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...