or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4708  

post #70606 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


That's right, the jacket is lined with thermolite, which makes the jacket very warm. Still, from feeling just the fabric it's better suited for the colder weather. I'm thinking of making a winter suit with this fabric, with a single breasted jacket, notch lapel. That way I can wear either that jacket, or this quilted one, depending on my needs.

Ah well ... I could think of the technical term of the Interior. But how fabric should be soft and very warm. Let's say I see it more practical and warm jacket. For this I'm looking for. Your idea intrigues me. As soon as you've made mostramela ... I am very interested. Thank you for your answers. I appreciate them very much.

post #70607 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

Ah well ... I could think of the technical term of the Interior. But how fabric should be soft and very warm. Let's say I see it more practical and warm jacket. For this I'm looking for. Your idea intrigues me. As soon as you've made mostramela ... I am very interested. Thank you for your answers. I appreciate them very much.

Here's a fabric close up. It's a bit darker navy in real life, but it shows it's got lots of surface interest.
post #70608 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


Here's a fabric close up. It's a bit darker navy in real life, but it shows it's got lots of surface interest.

Nice ... I like a lot

post #70609 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

Pseudo action shot. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Blue striped shirt; bronze PoW with red overcheck, courtesy of NY Islander. Shirt collar gap from leaning forward.

This is worth a click 0n the picture to see the enlargement which makes the subtle stripes on the shirt "read". That shirt, tie, and PS are brilliant.
post #70610 of 78723
Thanks of the rather overwhelming thumbs support form yesterday, much appreciated! nod[1].gif

The is the second vintage Caraceni suit that has been altered and is taken out for spin to determine any further alterations. Absolutely fantastic suits, both cloth and construction is top notch. I'm now also completely sold on roped shoulders and I will definitely be getting that on all my pieces going forward.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #70611 of 78723
Really nice suit Ping...the braces take it to the next level.
post #70612 of 78723

Challenge X-post. Thanks for yesterdays thumbs!

 

 

post #70613 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Really nice suit Ping...the braces take it to the next level.

I exclusively wear braces these days, for suits and odd trousers alike. I can't remember the last time I wore a belt, braces are just so much more comfortable nod[1].gif
post #70614 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

Challenge X-post. Thanks for yesterdays thumbs!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I really like this.  However something seems off with the pocket square.

 

Deets on jacket?

 

 

post #70615 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post
 

 

What's off with the hanky? It's a normal linen square, as standard and 'classic' as they come. The cashmere jacket is from Belvest.

post #70616 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

What's off with the hanky? It's a normal linen square, as standard and 'classic' as they come. The cashmere jacket is from Belvest.


Too "formal" perhaps? A tan wool/silk might be nice (Cotton Dockers and Sugarbutch have a sand Drakes that would perfectly complement the colors you have here...they've sported it several times here).

 

I like the jacket: is it really a FU jacket? I only ask because I'm tempted by such patterns but not sure I could wear them in teaching contexts.

post #70617 of 78723

Pingson, you seem to have incredible luck with obtaining vintage bespoke suits that fit you that well! Great find yet again!

post #70618 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


I exclusively wear braces these days, for suits and odd trousers alike. I can't remember the last time I wore a belt, braces are just so much more comfortable nod[1].gif


Do you have clip on braces for your odd trousers? I've toyed with braces but pulled back since they traditionally, are worn with suits not odd trousers. But the comfort idea and the perfect placement of the trouser is really appealing.

post #70619 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 


Too "formal" perhaps? A tan wool/silk might be nice (Cotton Dockers and Sugarbutch have a sand Drakes that would perfectly complement the colors you have here...they've sported it several times here).

 

I like the jacket: is it really a FU jacket? I only ask because I'm tempted by such patterns but not sure I could wear them in teaching contexts.

 

Meh, I think the plain cream linen goes well with it. It looks a little blinding in the direct sunlight, but it's quite sedate in real life. I've tried all kinds of patterned squares with this jacket, and none of them really work.

 

Anyway, FU jackets don't really mean FU to other people, they're just jackets with big patterns, crazy colours, or are a little out there. I'm sure you can wear them for teaching, just don't wear them every day. I wear this one maybe once every two weeks, and it's also my only winter FU piece. I tend enjoy loud jackets/suits much more in the summer.

 

Summer FU suit: (Click to show)
AppleMark
post #70620 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

Anyway, FU jackets don't really mean FU to other people, they're just jackets with big patterns, crazy colours, or are a little out there.

 

Summer FU suit: (Click to show)
 

Sometimes they do?:satisfied:

Thanks for the thumbs up about the jacket type, though: strong patterns. I do like them (though the Mrs. doesn't).

 

Edit: I think you're probably right about the hank. A strong pattern in the coat may be better served with less of a pattern in the square. At least, harder to pair.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III