Pliny where are those shoes from?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4703
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70532 of 787242/12/14 at 2:36ampost #70533 of 787242/12/14 at 3:38ampost #70534 of 787242/12/14 at 3:41am
Polo Ralph Lauren... definitely an improvement on some of your other ties, and I think it was one I put in a (merely hopeful) bid on myself... :)
@Pliny, first pic looks great and a really good example of how to bring out the best in a complex paisley tie, and I Iove the jacket, but the last pic makes the overall fit look rather washed out.post #70535 of 787242/12/14 at 3:51ampost #70536 of 787242/12/14 at 3:51amQuote:
Fixed... I was typing too quickly.
Yes I sort of feel I'm out of my "experimental" tie phase and will focus more on classic / traditional ties a bit more.post #70537 of 787242/12/14 at 4:07amIn light of this week's Friday challenge, this is probably the most FU I can do. Not a particularly loud pattern, but a three-piece tweed suit is always a bit FU these days.....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #70538 of 787242/12/14 at 4:32ampost #70539 of 787242/12/14 at 4:45amHaving not been here for a couple of weeks, I missed out on knowing the latest challenge, and with tomorrow being a snow day in NYC, and Friday being a "work from home" day, this is as close to an FU combo as I can achieve for this week, I fear.
Two new pieces of swag from my latest trip to the UK - today's overcoat, and today's shirt, both bought on sale, the coat at a very large discount. In honor of the coat, I decided to do a "full Monty" of attire - over the top for a humdrum Wednesday, but it raises my spirits a bit, in the post vacation depression.
Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - H & K
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via DeNatale, NYC
Braces & boots - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #70540 of 787242/12/14 at 6:16ampost #70541 of 787242/12/14 at 6:18ampost #70542 of 787242/12/14 at 6:19ampost #70543 of 787242/12/14 at 6:32ampost #70544 of 787242/12/14 at 6:49amQuote:
Awesome. I will probably download that later today.Quote:
You have been doing a fine job. Your fits there have been very nice in my opinion, and definitely more towards the MC side of things. Unlike some of the not here not there hot messes that sometimes find their way over there.
Pingson, that is all kinds of Tweedy awesome sauce.
Rudals, I like that combo a lot. I just wish that your shirt collars were a little bit longer and would reach your jacket lapels and even slightly go underneath them. Might be the way you were standing and pushing your chest out though.post #70545 of 787242/12/14 at 6:56amQuote:
I blame that on Clagster. He didn't stop me from picking the wrong collars. He just stood there and saw me do it.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS PICK COLLARS DRUNK
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › things that are making you happy 4 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sid Mashburn Online Store Live 2 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)