or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4691  

post #70351 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post
 

This is from today. 

Wearing Cad&The Dandy jacket with matching trousers by Luxire. Shirt is also from Luxire, Drake's tie, linen pocket square and Laszlo Vass U last black oxfords. You'll find something more tomorrow on my website

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

That looks great! 2 questions: How did you like Cad & The Dandy? Did you supply the fabric yourself to Cad and Luxire?

post #70352 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

That looks great! 2 questions: How did you like Cad & The Dandy? Did you supply the fabric yourself to Cad and Luxire?

 

I guess he must have, unless it was a commonly available fabric - incidentally it used to be reasonably common practice for people to commision suits consisting ot coats from one tailor and trousers from another back when bespoke tailoring was more widespread. I haven't seen much evidence of it recently, however. It makes a lot of sense if you prefer a particular house cut of coat and a different cut of trousers. Of course, the other reason might be that it is significantly less complex to make trousers than coats, so if you are going to save money anywhere, the trousers are the place to do it...

post #70353 of 78717
l2b, that top pic is excellent.
post #70354 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

l2b, that top pic is excellent.

Thanks, stitches! I might try and make it my "pose" since everyone seems to have their own. I really like how it turned out too!
post #70355 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post


Thanks, stitches! I might try and make it my "pose" since everyone seems to have their own. I really like how it turned out too!

 

It does make the trousers look verrry tight, though. But, as you say, it's a modern cut... 

post #70356 of 78717

More sale goodies

 

 

 

New tie from Passaggio Cravatte via Exquisite Trimmings (Click to show)

 

And look at the beauty of this special tie for Exquisite Trimmings.  It is a really dandy grenadine silk and a unique printed by hand with many years on its shoulders and lined just to the internal node with the bar tack of course stitched by hand by the twelve-fingered grandmothers of Campania.  See the hemmed entirely by hand exactly as a hundred years ago!  This picture shows the magic of the transparent!

 

:inlove: 

 

Warning: Socks (Click to show)

 

 

post #70357 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


I guess he must have, unless it was a commonly available fabric - incidentally it used to be reasonably common practice for people to commision suits consisting ot coats from one tailor and trousers from another back when bespoke tailoring was more widespread. I haven't seen much evidence of it recently, however. It makes a lot of sense if you prefer a particular house cut of coat and a different cut of trousers. Of course, the other reason might be that it is significantly less complex to make trousers than coats, so if you are going to save money anywhere, the trousers are the place to do it...


It is more complicated than that - you will have to be very sure of the cloth being turned the same way when cut, too avoid them looking different when worn together.
bigstar[1].gif
post #70358 of 78717

Mimo, do you know the Ian Dury song "Reasons To Be Cheerful?"

post #70359 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

That looks great! 2 questions: How did you like Cad & The Dandy? Did you supply the fabric yourself to Cad and Luxire?

Thank you Monkeyface! There was no need, both C&TD and Luxire store Dugdale fabrics. C&TD as for a first try was quite good. My biggest problem was the fit of arms and overall proportions of the jacket. It is a thin line between simly too short/long and out of proportions. Now I am quite convinced that the button stance is at the right position although you guys should tell what you think. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

 

I guess he must have, unless it was a commonly available fabric - incidentally it used to be reasonably common practice for people to commision suits consisting ot coats from one tailor and trousers from another back when bespoke tailoring was more widespread. I haven't seen much evidence of it recently, however. It makes a lot of sense if you prefer a particular house cut of coat and a different cut of trousers. Of course, the other reason might be that it is significantly less complex to make trousers than coats, so if you are going to save money anywhere, the trousers are the place to do it...

Simply at that time I didnt want to purchase trousers so I skipped it and focused on jacket. I new I would order them some time from luxire so I just wanted to make sure they store the same fabric. FlyingMonkey is right. All these are a good reasons ;)

post #70360 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post
 

Mimo, do you know the Ian Dury song "Reasons To Be Cheerful?"

 

Part Three? ;)

post #70361 of 78717
Lol at the twelve-fingered granny.
Always wondered what happened to parts 1 & 2? smile.gif
post #70362 of 78717
SC - Tagliatore Napoli - Zegna fabric.
Tie - Zegna
Trousers - Oscar Jacobson
Shoes - C&J cordovan penny loafers

post #70363 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

SC - Tagliatore Napoli - Zegna fabric.
Tie - Zegna
Trousers - Oscar Jacobson
Shoes - C&J cordovan penny loafers
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Really nice, the cut of that jacket really works for you. Question: does the jacket have jetted pockets or have you just tucked the flaps in?
post #70364 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


Really nice, the cut of that jacket really works for you. Question: does the jacket have jetted pockets or have you just tucked the flaps in?

Cheers! Flaps are tucked in. Don´t ask me why. :embar:

post #70365 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

SC - Tagliatore Napoli - Zegna fabric.
Tie - Zegna
Trousers - Oscar Jacobson
Shoes - C&J cordovan penny loafers
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Very nice, those colours suit you perfectly!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III