or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4681  

post #70201 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

inlove.gif

Welcome back and congrats on the new lines!  I shall definitely investigate.


(PINGGSOOOOOOONNNNN!!!)

Are you trying to tell me something? Sorry but you need to speak up, I can't hear you.....
post #70202 of 78723
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

Cross posting from Fridays Challenge

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Not really feeling the lavender shirt in this context. Too muted a colour. Needs some contrast/brightness in here. Maybe cream or ice blue.

 

Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post
 

So i've been super busy but still lurking SF. Just released my spring line and thought it would be cool to share some of the shots I did for the collection.

 

 

The brown & navy ties are great. Can see them working great in a summer look. They're not for sale on your site yet; what's the pricing (and shipping to the UK) like for each of htose.

 

 

Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post
DC, that vest shouldn't be anywhere near that suit. Truly incoherent on just about every level.

 

It's interesting; I didn't look at the close-ups so I thought the suit was solid navy in either a flannel or some kind of tweed. If it had been, I think this look would have been fantastic, with the contrasting waistcoat adding a lively touch. As it's actually a pinstripe, I'd have to agree with the waistcoat being out of place. The solution is simple: DC must keep everyone at least 6ft away, so the suit looks solid.

post #70203 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
 

 

Not really feeling the lavender shirt in this context. Too muted a colour. Needs some contrast/brightness in here. Maybe cream or ice blue.

 

:censored:Fucking morning light.  

 

this is the shirt 

 

post #70204 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Not really feeling the lavender shirt in this context. Too muted a colour. Needs some contrast/brightness in here. Maybe cream or ice blue.



The brown & navy ties are great. Can see them working great in a summer look. They're not for sale on your site yet; what's the pricing (and shipping to the UK) like for each of htose.



It's interesting; I didn't look at the close-ups so I thought the suit was solid navy in either a flannel or some kind of tweed. If it had been, I think this look would have been fantastic, with the contrasting waistcoat adding a lively touch. As it's actually a pinstripe, I'd have to agree with the waistcoat being out of place. The solution is simple: DC must keep everyone at least 6ft away, so the suit looks solid.

HF I will send you some info via pm today
The ties will be available online really soon though
post #70205 of 78723

:foo:


Edited by Rudals - 2/6/14 at 1:55pm
post #70206 of 78723
Lovely tie doodals
post #70207 of 78723
2p2P4Tu.jpg
Suitsupply herringbone sienna (with what looks like a spot of water on the lapel)
Kent Wang unicorn pocket square
Uniqlo cardigan
Drakes tie
Kamakura shirt
post #70208 of 78723

Here goes, my first post in here after many months of lurking. This is what I wore at a friend's wedding reception in Mumbai.

Everything is bought on a student budget until I can afford a proper wardrobe! Couldn't get a full photo as girlfriend can't operate the SLR properly!

Suit- Daniel Hechter

Shirt- Ralph Lauren

Tie- Alexandre Saville Row

P.S.- Tie Rack

Belt and Shoes were burgundy leather.

 

post #70209 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit12 View Post
 

Here goes, my first post in here after many months of lurking. This is what I wore at a friend's wedding reception in Mumbai.

Everything is bought on a student budget until I can afford a proper wardrobe! Couldn't get a full photo as girlfriend can't operate the SLR properly!

Suit- Daniel Hechter

Shirt- Ralph Lauren

Tie- Alexandre Saville Row

P.S.- Tie Rack

Belt and Shoes were burgundy leather.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Welcome aboard! A bit too much blue would be my only criticism. I think a pink gingham shirt would have been better. Otherwise everything looks like it fits pretty well. I think you look great.

post #70210 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post
 

 

Welcome aboard! A bit too much blue would be my only criticism. I think a pink gingham shirt would have been better. Otherwise everything looks like it fits pretty well. I think you look great.

Thank you!

post #70211 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit12 View Post
 

Thank you!

You know, the more I look at it maybe a shirt that is simply less saturated would do it for me. Perhaps keeping the shirt and swapping the square instead . . . I'm sure someone else could give you better advice. Just some food for thought. Hope to see more from you in the future!

post #70212 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post
 

 

Tie seems a little more formal than the rest of the pieces imo. Maybe something a little more textured/woolen would be more consistent? Also, the knot could use a little work for a good dimple. Can't tell the fit of the items obv from this shot, so I will assume everything fits well.

 

Other than those few small things I like it and think that jacket/cardigan is very nice. I love its unstructured look.

 

Thanks for the feedback! FWIW: the tie is wool, maybe too subtle?--the picture doesn't do it justice. Re the knot, I thought it was okay but perhaps you could point me to some examples?

post #70213 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post
 

You know, the more I look at it maybe a shirt that is simply less saturated would do it for me. Perhaps keeping the shirt and swapping the square instead . . . I'm sure someone else could give you better advice. Just some food for thought. Hope to see more from you in the future!

Thanks, I will keep that in mind for next time. As I'm a student (and will be for the next 4 years) I hardly get to dress like this (which sucks), but when the time comes I'll be sure to post on here.

post #70214 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by beneven View Post
 

 

Thanks for the feedback! FWIW: the tie is wool, maybe too subtle?--the picture doesn't do it justice. Re the knot, I thought it was okay but perhaps you could point me to some examples?

 

Yea, I couldn't tell that it was wool, that certainly helps. Still, the pattern is a little "business" to my eye while the rest seems casual. Putting a strong dimple in the tie while knotting gives the tie "life" and helps it to drape well. As follows:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #70215 of 78723
punit12, a solid shirt would have been better in that context. Anyway, welcome!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III