Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4677post #70141 of 787232/5/14 at 4:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70142 of 787232/5/14 at 4:57pmpost #70143 of 787232/5/14 at 5:12pmQuote:
It's nice, and I liked the mixed cord fit too, but in what sense is it a 'suit'? Were they sold together as a suit, was it three 3-pieces of the same fabric in different colours that you've mixed up yourself, are the herringbones indeed actually all the same fabric in different colours, or are they just different herringbone fabrics. If it's the last, then why isn't this just a an odd SC, waistcoat and trousers all in various herringbones?post #70144 of 787232/5/14 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
It's nice, and I liked the mixed cord fit too, but in what sense is it a 'suit'? Were they sold together as a suit, are the herringbones all the same fabric in different colours, or are they just different herringbone fabrics. If it's the last, then why isn't this just a an odd SC, waistcoat and trousers all in various herringbones?
Thanks. I guess it's an odd suittm. I made that up. They're all by different makers but the same pattern. I don't own any suits. It's as close as I can get at the moment.
Edited by An Acute Style - 2/5/14 at 6:49pmpost #70145 of 787232/5/14 at 5:24pmpost #70146 of 787232/5/14 at 5:28pmQuote:
I think it works, and yes, you should trademark the name! I have seen similar things done, but it's usually (in my limited experience) the waistcoat that's messed around with. For example, Rugged Museum in Tokyo (which probably does some of the best Ivy-inspired stuff around today and I think you would love the place) did a really nice camel cord jacket and pants this year, designed to be worn both together and separately, along with a vest in either the same camel or a dark brown or a 2-colour combination of the two (below). Usually, I'm not a fan of the 'crazy' jacket or waistcoat, but together, it worked very well. (Un)fortunately they all sold out very quickly, so I was saved having to explain to my wife why I had bought another suit...
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 2/5/14 at 7:13pmpost #70147 of 787232/5/14 at 6:50pmpost #70148 of 787232/5/14 at 7:45pmQuote:
Both very nice, love the tie/sc combo in the first oneQuote:
Nice layers! Whats's the topcoat, if I may ask?post #70149 of 787232/5/14 at 10:03pmQuote:
You will enter this into the Friday challenge, right? This is exactly what I was hoping for when I came up with the topic.....post #70150 of 787232/5/14 at 10:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
For the challenge. Three piece herringbone odd suit. Same jacket from yesterday. I like this fit better than yesterdays.
That is so nice.post #70151 of 787232/6/14 at 12:20ampost #70152 of 787232/6/14 at 1:08am
AAS: that is you at your very best, my friend: taking a crazy idea, implementing it, then...stopping. No need to add a loud tie, or silly shoes, or a Black Watch shirt or a feather boa. Just a simple unorthodox idea speaking for itself. You're a truly stylish guy when you do this. I'm sure you don't care too much what I think, but being deliberately eccentric can cross that line between individual and self-consciously foolish - and I mention it because I'm sure I like many of us cross that line from time to time! But when you have that tiny bit of restraint on top of a truly different concept, you hit that sweet spot better than most. *applause*
Donuts, that's a great example of the brown shoes and "lighter" suit look I think I was getting at a couple of pages back. The tie and shirt complement the less formal shoes perfectly. Nice.
Also, by coincidence, a package arrived today to remind me why Shaya "Exquisite" Green is my favourite Joo and Stitchy and his complicated love is only second:post #70153 of 787232/6/14 at 1:49ampost #70154 of 787232/6/14 at 2:14ampost #70155 of 787232/6/14 at 2:26am
Nice sunny day, 27C, winter is on its way out. But I have a new flannel three piece and it has to be worn at least once!
The ETB tribute "bog shot".
Family: Antonio Muro tie from Exquisite Trimmings, madder PS from Shibumi, burgundy fil d-Ecosse OTC socks by Mazarin from Mes Chaussettes Rouges.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 18 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge 19th September 2014: Brown tie without a staple... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris SLP Black Studded Low Tops 42 (42.5) PRICE DROP 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)