or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4673  

post #70081 of 78723

Thanks for the many thumbs yesterday. It very nice of you.

post #70082 of 78723

Professor Monkey is right that the default is still black shoes with a navy suit.  I recall a great deal of news print when the England squad for the World Cup wore tan shoes with navy suits in an Italian-inspired ensemble...David Beckham henceforth led a GQ revolution.  But that's still rather what it is: something of a fashion statement.  

 

Not that I see anything wrong with it, and I'm wearing darker tan shoes with a navy suit today.  I think as Dr Holdfast said, it draws attention away from the face, which might be an advantage Stitchy and I have already considered!  Anyway, it's definitely not wrong in my book.  Just a lot more casual: contrasting shoes is more or less the same as going with an odd jacket, I think.

 

AAS, I actually like that.  But not the shirt - I'd say a plain one, and then a more colourful tie.  The PS is fine and a good contrast choice with the tie, and I like the jacket a lot.

 

Noodles, your "issues" are bubbling over again...

post #70083 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

 

Anyway, it's definitely not wrong in my book.  Just a lot more casual: contrasting shoes is more or less the same as going with an odd jacket, I think.

 

I think that's pretty much right on, the navy suit/black shoes combo has always seemed more formal to me--not in the least because the focus remains on the suit itself. 

post #70084 of 78723

Warmer today, winter is over...which is a pain as I haven't yet collected two new flannel suits and one tweed that I suspect won't be very wearable until December now!  Today is two thirds of a linen suit...wasn't in the three piece mood as I've some running around to do:

 


 

Moreness (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

(SF-love: Shibumi tie, Post Imperial PS, Mazarin/Mes Chaussettes Rouges socks, Andrew Lock shoes)

post #70085 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Professor Monkey is right that the default is still black shoes with a navy suit.  I recall a great deal of news print when the England squad for the World Cup wore tan shoes with navy suits in an Italian-inspired ensemble...David Beckham henceforth led a GQ revolution.  But that's still rather what it is: something of a fashion statement.  

Not that I see anything wrong with it, and I'm wearing darker tan shoes with a navy suit today.  I think as Dr Holdfast said, it draws attention away from the face, which might be an advantage Stitchy and I have already considered!  Anyway, it's definitely not wrong in my book.  Just a lot more casual: contrasting shoes is more or less the same as going with an odd jacket, I think.

no. the default with a navy suit is not black shoes. at least not universally. and anyone who says that there is anything wrong with brown shoes and a navy suit is a moron. its classic italian look. its just (apparently) not very british.

as i understand it, HF was more remarking on the particularly light shade of brown, or rather chestnut, that i was wearing with a navy suit. im pretty certain that that is also a rather acceptable italian combo, and some love it and some hate it, as its jarring nature is not really deniable.
post #70086 of 78723

I think that's what I said, isn't it?  It's a traditional UK default, the contrast is more Italian.  Yes.  As embraced by me also today. :)

 

Are you in a bad mood because you can't buy that suit from Spoo?  And why are you up so late?  

post #70087 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Warmer today, winter is over...which is a pain as I haven't yet collected two new flannel suits and one tweed that I suspect won't be very wearable until December now!  Today is two thirds of a linen suit...wasn't in the three piece mood as I've some running around to do: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


  Moreness (Click to show)









(SF-love: Shibumi tie, Post Imperial PS, Mazarin/Mes Chaussettes Rouges socks, Andrew Lock shoes)


Looks good Mimo, but these non-hemmed PSs must go (not only for you, I mean universally). It looks like you ripped something from a curtain at home and just showed it into you pocket before leaving home in the morning..........
post #70088 of 78723

Just a bit of fun with the other less formal elements...but you will now incur the wrath of @Tirailleur1!!!

post #70089 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Just a bit of fun with the other less formal elements...but you will now incur the wrath of [URL=]@Tirailleur1[/URL]!!!

Bring it on... devil.gif
post #70090 of 78723
Mimo looking good man nod[1].gif

Thanks for the thumbs and kind words gents
post #70091 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Looks good Mimo, but these non-hemmed PSs must go (not only for you, I mean universally). It looks like you ripped something from a curtain at home and just showed it into you pocket before leaving home in the morning..........
Ouch! Just received a few and was looking forward to use come s/s, thinking linen or cotton ensamble context. Still do though, despite the torn curtain pic I won't get out of my head. Thanks! 😋
post #70092 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


Bring it on... devil.gif

<= Pingson

post #70093 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

I think that's what I said, isn't it?  It's a traditional UK default, the contrast is more Italian.  Yes.  As embraced by me also today. smile.gif

Are you in a bad mood because you can't buy that suit from Spoo?  And why are you up so late?  

I was just using you as a sounding board, no idea why im mad.

Im always up late.
post #70094 of 78723

That's OK Stitchy.  You're still absolutely my second favourite Joo.  That's why I care.  Rest well. :inlove:

post #70095 of 78723
Second fave?

Nightynight.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III