Everything is great ... really ... I really like the pantlone. In fact, my pants are all like yours.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4670
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70037 of 787222/4/14 at 9:02ampost #70038 of 787222/4/14 at 9:03ampost #70039 of 787222/4/14 at 9:03ampost #70040 of 787222/4/14 at 9:04ampost #70041 of 787222/4/14 at 9:06ampost #70042 of 787222/4/14 at 9:08ampost #70043 of 787222/4/14 at 9:47amOriginally Posted by eviltimeban
Today's fit, mind you, is bound to be controversial:
Tie colour is good for that shirt/suit combo; just leery enough. However, it needs to have a pattern of some sort rather than be a solid. I have an orange Hermes with typically daft cartoon characters on it; would be ideal for a brash look like this one.Originally Posted by Roy Al
Another day in winterwonderland, and it is never too early for a Gin Fizz.
Really great fit, esp. the suit. And I heartily agree with the Gin Fizz sentiment... though I generally find them more of a summer than winter drink (sloe gin fizz would be an exception though).
Everything is really fantastic...
... until I scrolled down and saw the light-coloured shoes. I will never get the aesthetic appeal of a dark suit plus light shoes; for me, it causes the eye to jump from important face/tie area right down to shoes in a really harsh way, rather than being able to smoothly take in the whole outfit while still focusing attention on the face. Moreso IRL than in photos, too. With a casual outfit, there are a greater number of points of visual interest to move around on anyway, so light coloured shoes aren't a problem (or at least, less of a problem) and with a light suit, obviously they're fine... but with a dark suit, it just seems so harsh to me. I can just about understand Italians liking it, as the quality of their sunlight mellows the look out a bit, by altering the look of a dark suit a bit. But in more northern lands, especially in winter, with our different kind of sunlight... Oh well, each to their own, and I do accept that mine is a minority opinion on SF.post #70044 of 787222/4/14 at 10:04ampost #70045 of 787222/4/14 at 10:05ampost #70046 of 787222/4/14 at 10:15ampost #70047 of 787222/4/14 at 10:31ampost #70048 of 787222/4/14 at 10:37am
indeed. thanks!Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)... until I scrolled down and saw the light-coloured shoes. I will never get the aesthetic appeal of a dark suit plus light shoes; for me, it causes the eye to jump from important face/tie area right down to shoes in a really harsh way, rather than being able to smoothly take in the whole outfit while still focusing attention on the face. Moreso IRL than in photos, too. With a casual outfit, there are a greater number of points of visual interest to move around on anyway, so light coloured shoes aren't a problem (or at least, less of a problem) and with a light suit, obviously they're fine... but with a dark suit, it just seems so harsh to me. I can just about understand Italians liking it, as the quality of their sunlight mellows the look out a bit, by altering the look of a dark suit a bit. But in more northern lands, especially in winter, with our different kind of sunlight... Oh well, each to their own, and I do accept that mine is a minority opinion on SF.
i expected you would say that, you said the same the last time i wore such a combo. i hear ya, but i could not disagree more. light brown shoes and navy suit is a wonderful combo. the jarring-ness is part of the appeal.post #70049 of 787222/4/14 at 10:44ampost #70050 of 787222/4/14 at 11:04amQuote:
For me, the “jarringness” is somewhat mitigated here by the tie, which is both lighter and brighter than the shoes. That means that the eye is, in fact, drawn to the face. Well, mine is, at least. People might try the thought-experiment of imagining this with a navy tie, which would entirely eliminate the effect I’m suggesting.
Ultimately jarringness is a matter of degree, which might help explain why two extraordinarily sophisticated dressers like In Stitiches and Holdfast can reasonably disagree on this example.
By the way, speaking of conscious departures from conventional wisdom, I’m noting a lot of (what I would regard as) very nice lighter-top/darker-bottom ensembles in the last several pages of this thread. I don’t know if this is accidental, a result of the Friday Challenge a couple of weeks back, or I’m just noticing them because of that challenge, but whatever the reason I’ve been enjoying them.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 7 minutes ago
- › Un des plus sous les chaussures ont besoin pour que les membres de... 10 minutes ago
- › Dealing with weight loss and tailored clothes 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › How To Rapidly Expand The Power Of Your Memory 13 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...