Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4665post #69961 of 787212/3/14 at 4:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69962 of 787212/3/14 at 4:09pmpost #69963 of 787212/3/14 at 4:23pmQuote:The best thus far!Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Earnest attempt today. Very little sunlight so image quality is meh, but better than the BR pics. No PS.
[ Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Has a bunch of texture to it, but it's a simple windowpane. I've owned this for years without wearing it much, but I really love the collar and need more like it instead of OBDC's.
Tie: Harrods of England Silk tie ( I love the colors)
AE Dalton boots in Walnut.
Glad to see the progress.
Now...lets tighten up the knot.
Edited by Rudals - 2/4/14 at 5:48ampost #69964 of 787212/3/14 at 4:34pmThanks for the thumbs, dudes. The tie is a ConradWu specialty.Quote:
Cool pants - those cuffs!
+1 to what Stitchy said. The pants seem to be riding a bit low and the sleeves look a tad short. Might be the camera positioning though.Quote:
Very nice tie. The shoulders seem a bit wide, no?
@ridethecliche - Your best fit yet! Tie needs a bit of tightening, but otherwise very nice. Those boots look great.post #69965 of 787212/3/14 at 6:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by CoenKanter
I just bought this suit online at Suitsupply's spring pre- order.
What do you guys think?
Wrong thread but this is one of the better suits from the s/s 14 collectionpost #69966 of 787212/3/14 at 8:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I like the tie as well, ETB, but I noticed it doesn't quite jive with the rest of your CBD outfit. Noticed this a few other times as well.
If you are in a position where you've got to choose between interesting ties and internal coherence, and you choose the nifty ties, I can't fault you for that. But if it's possible to exchange the suit for a blazer and trou, it'd frame those ties to great benefit.
@Claghorn, this is a very perceptive comment, which I hope @eviltimeban takes seriously. I've noticed this too (and mentioned it before). I think it backs up what you said (at least I think it was you) about it being easier in some ways to wear a suit well, because you can get away with not having to think about the coherence issue between top and bottom. But it seems clear to me that coherence is an issue in a lot of your fits, eviltimeban - it's quite often, nicely-fitting business suit with a seemingly randomly-chosen tie. It's not that this tie is a bad tie (unlike a few others!) - it's fine - but the tie does not work with the suit, the reason being the informal, almost summery, colour and the slubbiness, when the suit calls for something smoother, neater and less casual. Or alternatively, as Claghorn suggests, a more casual SC-based outfit to go with the tie.
@ridethecliche, I was almost losing all hope of ever saying this to you but, looking good! That is so much better in terms of getting some basics right. Some people will object to blue trousers, but I'm not one of them. You might also have gone for a more casual tie, but again, that's not a deal-breaker here. This is something to build on.post #69967 of 787212/3/14 at 11:55pmpost #69968 of 787212/3/14 at 11:58pmpost #69969 of 787212/4/14 at 12:21ampost #69970 of 787212/4/14 at 1:06ampost #69971 of 787212/4/14 at 1:43ampost #69972 of 787212/4/14 at 1:51amQuote:
Mimo you know you are violating the well-established half your age + seven years rule, right?post #69973 of 787212/4/14 at 1:53ampost #69974 of 787212/4/14 at 2:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Mimo you know you are violating the well-established half your age + seven years rule, right?
well, he's gonna hit that ratio in 8 years, give or take. ;D
"Christine is 25, Donald is 43. Christine thinks she might be too young for Donald, so she reverses the half-your-age-plus-seven rule (36). This is an unacceptable relationship."post #69975 of 787212/4/14 at 2:15am
Thanks for the comments and thumb-love.
Pingson, I was kind of regretting saying that as soon as I hit it...too much sharing? Anyway, she's remarkable. :)
DeSense, that made me chuckle: I was working out exactly that arithmetic when I read Professor P's reply, and with the same mental image of a school maths exam!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In... 4 seconds ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In Nashik 10 seconds ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In... 19 seconds ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In Vadodara 26 seconds ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In... 33 seconds ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In Bhopal 46 seconds ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In Nagpur 2 minutes ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In Kanpur 2 minutes ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In Lucknow 2 minutes ago
- › %||पावरफुल मंत्र||% +91-8875513486 VaShiKaRaN for HusBanD In Jaipur 2 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan