or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4662  

post #69916 of 78717

Noodles, equating manliness with straightness is rather old-fashioned, perhaps?

 

Anyway, this is certainly the place where one can express one's Liberace side.  For the first year in this forum, my jaw dropped in surprise roughly every few weeks at the mention by member "X", then "Y" then "Z" etc of a female wife and some children.   Frankly, at the beginning I just assumed most of you were homosexual.  I'm not naming names, but yeah.  Not Pingson, though.

 

Now I realise that SF is merely the campest forum in the universe.  And we're all in it together.

 

P.S.  Do you own more than one Barbara Streisand record, or dance by yourself ever to Lady Gaga?  I'm just asking. 

post #69917 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

@kulata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Mimo and kulata, very noice.

Mimo, no substitute or comparison to a Drakes Madder nod[1].gif
 Really liking that color in the SC and the SC overall with everything else.   
Thanks Guys!
post #69918 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Gee, thanks cheers.gif
Oh the students we able to keep focus, I can promise you that, the topic of the day was "The evolution of sex" mwink[1].gif


with pictures?
post #69919 of 78717

My first fit pic here. Comments and suggestions welcome.

 

 

post #69920 of 78717

Not bad by any means. Photo quality needs improvement, but I doubt that's what you're here for. That tie appears that it might be a bit wide though.

post #69921 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

Noodles, equating manliness with straightness is rather old-fashioned, perhaps?

 

Anyway, this is certainly the place where one can express one's Liberace side.  For the first year in this forum, my jaw dropped in surprise roughly every few weeks at the mention by member "X", then "Y" then "Z" etc of a female wife and some children.   Frankly, at the beginning I just assumed most of you were homosexual.  I'm not naming names, but yeah.  Not Pingson, though.

 

Now I realise that SF is merely the campest forum in the universe.  And we're all in it together.

 

P.S.  Do you own more than one Barbara Streisand record, or dance by yourself ever to Lady Gaga?  I'm just asking. 

I thut SF was 75% homosexual. Not judging or anything. But was glad (that's my opinion) to find that SF is mostly manly men...for the most part. 

 

Look, I don't want to cause up any storm with this. I'll stop here. 

 

Barbara who?

I listen to gangsta stuff like the one below:

http://youtu.be/8TeeJvcBdLA

http://youtu.be/yMqL1iWfku4

post #69922 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Not bad by any means. Photo quality needs improvement, but I doubt that's what you're here for. That tie appears that it might be a bit wide though.

while no one comes here for photography advice, its near impossible to give truly useful feedback when the pics are no bueno.

outside of that, i agree with your critique. a nice fit overall that could use a few tweaks. pants also dont look right in the hips, but that could be a picture/stance issue as well.
post #69923 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

I thut SF was 75% homosexual. Not judging or anything. But was glad (that's my opinion) to find that SF is mostly manly men...for the most part.

There's a Simpsons episode that applies here.

post #69924 of 78717

:fu:

post #69925 of 78717

Fresco sports coat with grey herringbone trousers

 

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #69926 of 78717

I have a limited number of jackets, so the issue concerns variety in accessorizing. Here are two with a jacket I've posted several times now (when weather is crap as it has been, charcoal pants so this jacket for contrast)

 

First, today, outerwear for textures/patterns:

 

 

This is today's combo. The donegal tie needs a more rustic coat, but ignore that. More colors (the color of the tie in the outerwear shot is more true to life...less orange, more brown).

 


PS is brown/orange/purple. Tie is rust. A big knot. Untipped, but I would have unlined it. I'd have more tie space, ideally in the collar.

 

This was another day (DFIH knot, should have tied it as holdfast suggested, but ignore that too! PS is green/purple/brown). Dots are sky blue.


Blue, of course, works easily. But variety is good too.


Same PS as in pic 2.

post #69927 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

:fu:


Ehh, just kidding around.

 

Cleav, I'd really like that if it were a gray hopsack suit, but totally plain grain jacket/navy trousers doesn't float my boat (I love the more conventional inverse).

post #69928 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

I have a limited number of jackets, so the issue concerns variety in accessorizing. Here are two with a jacket I've posted several times now (when weather is crap as it has been, charcoal pants so this jacket for contrast)

First, today, outerwear for textures/patterns:




This is today's combo. The donegal tie needs a more rustic coat, but ignore that. More colors (the color of the tie in the outerwear shot is more true to life...less orange, more brown).





PS is brown/orange/purple. Tie is rust. A big knot. Untipped, but I would have unlined it. I'd have more tie space, ideally in the collar.

This was another day (DFIH knot, should have tied it as holdfast suggested, but ignore that too! PS is green/purple/brown). Dots are sky blue.




Blue, of course, works easily. But variety is good too.



Same PS as in pic 2.

BEAUTIFUL....compliments
post #69929 of 78717

Warning: Beware of the Shoes (Click to show)

 

 

I don't really do the thrifting thing, but what I have is all here really:

 

Jacket - Canali - $10 thrift 

Shirt - Lewin Square - Drake's

Tie - eBay thrift for $9.99 wool with silk challis

Troos - Harrison 110s

Socks - Mazarin from Mes Chaussettes Rouges

Shoes - Allen Edmonds $99 firsts from the Shoe Bank


Edited by mimo - 2/3/14 at 9:15am
post #69930 of 78717
mimo, you have really improved your top block over the past months. time to work on the bottom half. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III