Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4649post #69721 of 787211/30/14 at 7:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69722 of 787211/30/14 at 7:30ampost #69723 of 787211/30/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Billionairef
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Please keep exploring, you still haven't found whatever you are looking for......
In all seriousness, there are just too many patterns and colours going on here, jacket and shirt are really busy enough that they should only be used separately and preferably with items that are solid coloured. Jacket would look nice with a solid shirt, the shirt looks just too casual to me for wearing with jacket and tie......post #69724 of 787211/30/14 at 8:02am
Today is strictly business, its nothing personal. Drake's tie in its proper home.
Light blue shirt as per request.
(and my 200th post and all)
Edited by eviltimeban - 1/30/14 at 8:42ampost #69725 of 787211/30/14 at 8:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
PoW and Houndstooth
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Having my morning coffee.
This is thoughtfully constructed. No pattern directly abuts another, and the same is true for solids. As the eye moves down from the face it encounters solid, pattern, solid, pattern. The lightest of all is the shirt, the item adjacent to the face, initially drawing the eye to the face. From there color then emerges incrementally as the eye moves down: white (light blue? Not sure), brown, burgundy, blue. Classic application of classic principles, isn’t it?
Acpost #69726 of 787211/30/14 at 8:14ampost #69727 of 787211/30/14 at 8:38ampost #69728 of 787211/30/14 at 8:38ampost #69729 of 787211/30/14 at 8:43ampost #69730 of 787211/30/14 at 8:46ampost #69731 of 787211/30/14 at 8:49ampost #69732 of 787211/30/14 at 9:02amQuote:
Either pull it tighter or tie it longer.
I agree, your jacket looks too short. Your shoes are nice though.post #69733 of 787211/30/14 at 9:10amQuote:
Sometimes that is the rub with knit ties that are on the "wider than usual for a knit" side. If it is sufficiently flexible, lightly woven, you can cinch the knot tighter, but if not, then ???. Tying it longer won't necessarily help unless there is some taper, which again can be limited in a knit tie. If you can't get it smaller, maybe try wearing it with jackets that have lower buttoning points as it won't appear to consume as much of the viewable shirt space as it is with this cut you are wearing now.post #69734 of 787211/30/14 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Nine Miler
Sometimes that is the rub with knit ties that are on the "wider than usual for a knit" side. If it is sufficiently flexible, lightly woven, you can cinch the knot tighter, but if not, then ???. Tying it longer won't necessarily help unless there is some taper, which again can be limited in a knit tie. If you can't get it smaller, maybe try wearing it with jackets that have lower buttoning points as it won't appear to consume as much of the viewable shirt space as it is with this cut you are wearing now.
Yeah, there's no taper. I think your idea about jackets with lower buttoning points is probably the best bet. Thanks.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 4 seconds ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 15 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 17 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...