Use the spoiler when quoting pics.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4649post #69721 of 787221/30/14 at 7:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69722 of 787221/30/14 at 7:20ampost #69723 of 787221/30/14 at 7:30ampost #69724 of 787221/30/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Billionairef
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Please keep exploring, you still haven't found whatever you are looking for......
In all seriousness, there are just too many patterns and colours going on here, jacket and shirt are really busy enough that they should only be used separately and preferably with items that are solid coloured. Jacket would look nice with a solid shirt, the shirt looks just too casual to me for wearing with jacket and tie......post #69725 of 787221/30/14 at 8:02am
Today is strictly business, its nothing personal. Drake's tie in its proper home.
Light blue shirt as per request.
(and my 200th post and all)
Edited by eviltimeban - 1/30/14 at 8:42ampost #69726 of 787221/30/14 at 8:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
PoW and Houndstooth
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Having my morning coffee.
This is thoughtfully constructed. No pattern directly abuts another, and the same is true for solids. As the eye moves down from the face it encounters solid, pattern, solid, pattern. The lightest of all is the shirt, the item adjacent to the face, initially drawing the eye to the face. From there color then emerges incrementally as the eye moves down: white (light blue? Not sure), brown, burgundy, blue. Classic application of classic principles, isn’t it?
Acpost #69727 of 787221/30/14 at 8:14ampost #69728 of 787221/30/14 at 8:38ampost #69729 of 787221/30/14 at 8:38ampost #69730 of 787221/30/14 at 8:43ampost #69731 of 787221/30/14 at 8:46ampost #69732 of 787221/30/14 at 8:49ampost #69733 of 787221/30/14 at 9:02amQuote:
Either pull it tighter or tie it longer.
I agree, your jacket looks too short. Your shoes are nice though.post #69734 of 787221/30/14 at 9:10amQuote:
Sometimes that is the rub with knit ties that are on the "wider than usual for a knit" side. If it is sufficiently flexible, lightly woven, you can cinch the knot tighter, but if not, then ???. Tying it longer won't necessarily help unless there is some taper, which again can be limited in a knit tie. If you can't get it smaller, maybe try wearing it with jackets that have lower buttoning points as it won't appear to consume as much of the viewable shirt space as it is with this cut you are wearing now.post #69735 of 787221/30/14 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Nine Miler
Sometimes that is the rub with knit ties that are on the "wider than usual for a knit" side. If it is sufficiently flexible, lightly woven, you can cinch the knot tighter, but if not, then ???. Tying it longer won't necessarily help unless there is some taper, which again can be limited in a knit tie. If you can't get it smaller, maybe try wearing it with jackets that have lower buttoning points as it won't appear to consume as much of the viewable shirt space as it is with this cut you are wearing now.
Yeah, there's no taper. I think your idea about jackets with lower buttoning points is probably the best bet. Thanks.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › (TV)ON!WEB@ Homeland Season 4 Episode 9,Streamiing Live HD 3 seconds ago
- › (TV)ON!WEB@ The Good Wife Season 6 Episode 10,Streamiing Live HD 54 seconds ago
- › "(*HD link*) Watch Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants Live Online... 1 minute ago
- › (TV)ON!WEB@ Strangest Weather on Earth Season 2 Episode... 1 minute ago
- › (TV)ON!WEB@ Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 Episode 8,Streamiing Live HD 1 minute ago
- › Junya Watanabe CdG MAN cotton/hemp cinch-back corduroys - Size M 2 minutes ago
- › (TV)ON!WEB@ Austin & Ally Season 3 Episode 22,Streamiing Live HD 2 minutes ago
- › (TV)ON!WEB@ 1864 Season 1 Episode 7,Streamiing Live HD 2 minutes ago
- › (TV)ON!WEB@ Liv & Maddie Season 2 Episode 6,Streamiing Live HD 3 minutes ago
- › "(*HD link*) Watch Washington Redskins vs San Francisco 49ers Live... 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)