or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4648  

post #69706 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

What is the point in posting these everyday... I look like a hillbilly next to you guys!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


While the tie and pocket square are splendid, they should not be worn together--too "matchy matchy", dots with dots. If wearing this PS, I would recommend a solid colored tie. If wearing the tie with dots, a white, linen PS would be sufficient. Less is more.
post #69707 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post


While the tie and pocket square are splendid, they should not be worn together--too "matchy matchy", dots with dots. If wearing this PS, I would recommend a solid colored tie. If wearing the tie with dots, a white, linen PS would be sufficient. Less is more.

Looks like a seriously need to step up my suit game...

post #69708 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

 

LabelKing developed massively during the time he was on here, even though he always had a certain eye for the flamboyant. Tirailleur has certainly changed in a very positive way too. I haven't been paying so much attention to AAS (sorry!) so I can't say. And look at Spoo and In Stitches... Almost all the people here who have stye worthy of emulation have come a long way from where they started.


I mention those three as they do their own thing ("rock" it, if you will), but they do it well. RTC probably has no interest in dressing like I do (with 6 going on 7 blue blazers), but giving those three as examples demonstrates that there is a way to break the rules and look good...and therefore must also be a way to break the rules and look not good. There is a way to "rock it" properly. And it takes far more work than dressing like I do. For example, I don't always like AAS' fits, but I'm always impressed by them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post
 

You don't think those patterns are too close in size and similarity?

 

Honest question. Looks good though.


I suspect he's very well aware. One of the benefits of consistently dressing well is getting the benefit of the doubt. Breaking rules with intent rather than out of ignorance. Whether or not it looks good is a different matter...

 

...though in this case, I dig it. Wouldn't wear it. But I dig it.

post #69709 of 78724

 

challenge aside, def a healthy dose of contrast would've been better. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjester View Post
 

You don't think those patterns are too close in size and similarity?

 

Honest question. Looks good though.

post #69710 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

^Great suit Pliny, really nice fabric......

Thanks for the thumbs yesterday, now let the "yellow tie flaming" commence......

Details (Click to show)

Nice look and beautiful ties...compliments

post #69711 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post
 


Beautiful look...semply perfect

post #69712 of 78724

PoW and Houndstooth

 

 

 

post #69713 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post
 


Beautiful look...semply perfect

Thank you. I believe you are referring to what I wore yesterday.

 

Andreas

post #69714 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobinad View Post

I have not posted here in a while. My contribution:












Great style for a great car

post #69715 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

PoW and Houndstooth









I believe the Friday Challenge gauntlet has just been thrown down. Think twice before picking it up, as this effort is remarkably strong.
post #69716 of 78724

just to check. what do you think of shirt+tie combination?

 

post #69717 of 78724

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 


Edited by DonCologne - 1/30/14 at 6:06am
post #69718 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post


I believe the Friday Challenge gauntlet has just been thrown down. Think twice before picking it up, as this effort is remarkably strong.

Cheers. I have entered. The outfit was put together with the challenge in mind.

post #69719 of 78724
^Great look Anden. Will do well in the FC, I'm sure.....

Seems to be unusually cold in the frigid north today, as both Swedish entries (thus far) feature cardigans for extra layering nod[1].gif We are now eagerly waiting to see if our cousins to the east will follow suit (@Roy Al, I'm talking about you).......



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Edited by Pingson - 1/30/14 at 4:14am
post #69720 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

^Great look Anden. Will do well in the FC, I'm sure.....

Seems to be unusually cold in the frigid north today, as both Swedish entries (thus far) feature cardigans for extra layering nod[1].gif We are now eagerly waiting to see if our cousins to the east will follow suit (@Roy Al, I'm talking about you).......

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Cheers. We will have to wait and see. I should have brought my DSLR today but forgot...

 

Your look would have made Patrick Grant proud.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III