Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4647
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69692 of 787221/30/14 at 12:23ampost #69693 of 787221/30/14 at 12:26amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
This isn't directed at you particularly, rather it's a general point using your post as a jumping off point...
'I'm going to rock this' or 'I wear what I feel' too often translates as 'I know I look terrible, but I a going to wear this anyway'. In my view, that's exactly what we are trying to discourage here. This place isn't reddit or GQ, hopefully it's an antitdote to those kinds of places. Style can never only be about wearing whatever the hell you feel like, but has to involve actually looking good by some aesthetic standards that other people can agree on (but contrary to the belief of the kinds of people who think they 'rock' things, those standards don't necessarily involve following minutely-detailed rules to the letter). The point is that only a minority of people have superb aesthetic instincts and most people need to learn from others and educate themselves quite extensively in what does actually look good before they are able to start being more instinctive about it. And that applies to almost any kind of style - from CBD to SW&D... and beyond.
, I'm really sorry - but that fit is a perfect example of exactly what I'm talking about. You don't yet have the knowledgable aesthetic instincts to do anything other than amuse yourself. I know this feeling because this used to be me...
Agreed 100%, but its not like its his first week here, hes been given constructive advice on fits etc. and still chooses to do his own thing, not to my taste certainly or probably the majority but theres no use arguing about it :/post #69694 of 787221/30/14 at 12:38amQuote:
I'd say he's still very a much new here in terms of his attitude. Some people just resist for longer...post #69695 of 787221/30/14 at 12:40ampost #69696 of 787221/30/14 at 12:46amThere is, if course, the possibility of people having knowledge prior to their arrival. I know it seems not to be a popular idea around here, but it remains possible, nonetheless.
There is also the, equally unpopular, possibility that one might dress outlandishly, with full knowledge, and intent, fit a specific event, and/or purpose.
All that is not to say I endorse a blue shirt with a DJ, as I do not. Not that anyone here counts my opinion as useful, lol.post #69697 of 787221/30/14 at 12:48ampost #69698 of 787221/30/14 at 1:04ampost #69699 of 787221/30/14 at 2:05ampost #69700 of 787221/30/14 at 2:07amQuote:
Kind of a moot point since he won anyway. But I would at least have voted for this outfitpost #69701 of 787221/30/14 at 2:13ampost #69702 of 787221/30/14 at 2:15ampost #69703 of 787221/30/14 at 2:31ampost #69704 of 787221/30/14 at 2:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Purplelabel
What is the point in posting these everyday... I look like a hillbilly next to you guys!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While the tie and pocket square are splendid, they should not be worn together--too "matchy matchy", dots with dots. If wearing this PS, I would recommend a solid colored tie. If wearing the tie with dots, a white, linen PS would be sufficient. Less is more.post #69705 of 787221/30/14 at 2:41amQuote:
Looks like a seriously need to step up my suit game...
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1806 Active Users (501 Members and 1305 Guests)
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 32 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 42 seconds ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 58 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NAPOLI SU MISURA grey suit EU 46 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...