or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4647  

post #69691 of 78722

This would have won the darker pants than SC challenge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Mad props to @@Claghorn for adjusting the colors in the full fit to look right, and a huge thanks to @@Ich_Dien for the hookup on this amazing 100% cashmere Borelli SC.

Thanks, guys!





 
post #69692 of 78722

That jackets needs some rough love to look great.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post




Barbour
Banana Republic
Hartford
RL
Gravati
More friggin snow frown.gif
post #69693 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

This isn't directed at you particularly, rather it's a general point using your post as a jumping off point...

'I'm going to rock this' or 'I wear what I feel' too often translates as 'I know I look terrible, but I a going to wear this anyway'. In my view, that's exactly what we are trying to discourage here. This place isn't reddit or GQ, hopefully it's an antitdote to those kinds of places. Style can never only be about wearing whatever the hell you feel like, but has to involve actually looking good by some aesthetic standards that other people can agree on (but contrary to the belief of the kinds of people who think they 'rock' things, those standards don't necessarily involve following minutely-detailed rules to the letter). The point is that only a minority of people have superb aesthetic instincts and most people need to learn from others and educate themselves quite extensively in what does actually look good before they are able to start being more instinctive about it. And that applies to almost any kind of style - from CBD to SW&D... and beyond.

And @ridethecliche
, I'm really sorry - but that fit is a perfect example of exactly what I'm talking about. You don't yet have the knowledgable aesthetic instincts to do anything other than amuse yourself. I know this feeling because this used to be me...

Agreed 100%, but its not like its his first week here, hes been given constructive advice on fits etc. and still chooses to do his own thing, not to my taste certainly or probably the majority but theres no use arguing about it :/
post #69694 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMills View Post


Agreed 100%, but its not like its his first week here, hes been given constructive advice on fits etc. and still chooses to do his own thing, not to my taste certainly or probably the majority but theres no use arguing about it :/

 

I'd say he's still very a much new here in terms of his attitude. Some people just resist for longer... :)

post #69695 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

 

I'd say he's still very a much new here in terms of his attitude. Some people just resist for longer... :)

 

Resistance is futile. All your base are belong to us.

post #69696 of 78722
There is, if course, the possibility of people having knowledge prior to their arrival. I know it seems not to be a popular idea around here, but it remains possible, nonetheless.

There is also the, equally unpopular, possibility that one might dress outlandishly, with full knowledge, and intent, fit a specific event, and/or purpose.

All that is not to say I endorse a blue shirt with a DJ, as I do not. Not that anyone here counts my opinion as useful, lol.
post #69697 of 78722

          Hi Guise-  POW! 

post #69698 of 78722

What is the point in posting these everyday... I look like a hillbilly next to you guys!

 

post #69699 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

          Hi Guise-  POW!  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Damn, Pliny you did what I was planning to do (PoW tie with PoW suit). Looks pretty good actually.... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #69700 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Mad props to @@Claghorn for adjusting the colors in the full fit to look right, and a huge thanks to @@Ich_Dien for the hookup on this amazing 100% cashmere Borelli SC.


Thanks, guys! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

Kind of a moot point since he won anyway. But I would at least have voted for this outfit nod[1].gif
post #69701 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


Kind of a moot point since he won anyway. But I would at least have voted for this outfit nod[1].gif

I´m just saying that this would have beaten the winning outfit.

post #69702 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

          Hi Guise-  POW! 

You don't think those patterns are too close in size and similarity?

 

Honest question. Looks good though.

post #69703 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Kind of a moot point since he won anyway. But I would at least have voted for this outfit nod%5B1%5D.gif
I´m just saying that this would have beaten the winning outfit.

Most certainly, yes happy.gif
post #69704 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

What is the point in posting these everyday... I look like a hillbilly next to you guys!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


While the tie and pocket square are splendid, they should not be worn together--too "matchy matchy", dots with dots. If wearing this PS, I would recommend a solid colored tie. If wearing the tie with dots, a white, linen PS would be sufficient. Less is more.
post #69705 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post


While the tie and pocket square are splendid, they should not be worn together--too "matchy matchy", dots with dots. If wearing this PS, I would recommend a solid colored tie. If wearing the tie with dots, a white, linen PS would be sufficient. Less is more.

Looks like a seriously need to step up my suit game...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III