Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4647
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69692 of 787221/30/14 at 12:23ampost #69693 of 787221/30/14 at 12:26amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
This isn't directed at you particularly, rather it's a general point using your post as a jumping off point...
'I'm going to rock this' or 'I wear what I feel' too often translates as 'I know I look terrible, but I a going to wear this anyway'. In my view, that's exactly what we are trying to discourage here. This place isn't reddit or GQ, hopefully it's an antitdote to those kinds of places. Style can never only be about wearing whatever the hell you feel like, but has to involve actually looking good by some aesthetic standards that other people can agree on (but contrary to the belief of the kinds of people who think they 'rock' things, those standards don't necessarily involve following minutely-detailed rules to the letter). The point is that only a minority of people have superb aesthetic instincts and most people need to learn from others and educate themselves quite extensively in what does actually look good before they are able to start being more instinctive about it. And that applies to almost any kind of style - from CBD to SW&D... and beyond.
, I'm really sorry - but that fit is a perfect example of exactly what I'm talking about. You don't yet have the knowledgable aesthetic instincts to do anything other than amuse yourself. I know this feeling because this used to be me...
Agreed 100%, but its not like its his first week here, hes been given constructive advice on fits etc. and still chooses to do his own thing, not to my taste certainly or probably the majority but theres no use arguing about it :/post #69694 of 787221/30/14 at 12:38amQuote:
I'd say he's still very a much new here in terms of his attitude. Some people just resist for longer...post #69695 of 787221/30/14 at 12:40ampost #69696 of 787221/30/14 at 12:46amThere is, if course, the possibility of people having knowledge prior to their arrival. I know it seems not to be a popular idea around here, but it remains possible, nonetheless.
There is also the, equally unpopular, possibility that one might dress outlandishly, with full knowledge, and intent, fit a specific event, and/or purpose.
All that is not to say I endorse a blue shirt with a DJ, as I do not. Not that anyone here counts my opinion as useful, lol.post #69697 of 787221/30/14 at 12:48ampost #69698 of 787221/30/14 at 1:04ampost #69699 of 787221/30/14 at 2:05ampost #69700 of 787221/30/14 at 2:07amQuote:
Kind of a moot point since he won anyway. But I would at least have voted for this outfitpost #69701 of 787221/30/14 at 2:13ampost #69702 of 787221/30/14 at 2:15ampost #69703 of 787221/30/14 at 2:31ampost #69704 of 787221/30/14 at 2:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Purplelabel
What is the point in posting these everyday... I look like a hillbilly next to you guys!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While the tie and pocket square are splendid, they should not be worn together--too "matchy matchy", dots with dots. If wearing this PS, I would recommend a solid colored tie. If wearing the tie with dots, a white, linen PS would be sufficient. Less is more.post #69705 of 787221/30/14 at 2:41amQuote:
Looks like a seriously need to step up my suit game...
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1237 Active Users (255 Members and 982 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 32 seconds ago
- › Sebastian Ward Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - SILHOUETTE - 25/10/14 - 15/11/14 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...