More Germans need to make jokes about American politics.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4638post #69556 of 787241/28/14 at 6:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69557 of 787241/28/14 at 7:05pm
@Betelgeuse Really nice look! I love the jacket/tie/ps combo and as others have said, gorgeous boots!
@An Acute Style Top half looks fantastic! Bottom half, I just don't think the pants work with the top half and definitely not with those socks. Could be just me though. I imagine those pants are hard to work with.
@sugarbutch that suit is amazing and the overall look and fit is fantastic!
@SeaJen That combo looks great!post #69558 of 787241/28/14 at 7:45pmpost #69559 of 787241/28/14 at 8:23pmpost #69560 of 787241/28/14 at 8:29pmpost #69561 of 787241/28/14 at 8:30pmpost #69562 of 787241/28/14 at 8:44pmpost #69563 of 787241/28/14 at 8:47pmpost #69564 of 787241/28/14 at 8:48pmpost #69565 of 787241/28/14 at 8:50pmpost #69566 of 787241/28/14 at 8:55pmpost #69567 of 787241/28/14 at 9:17pm
Socks in general are indeed excellent... but I'm sure that's not what you meant.
I used to be an advocate of loud socks (and coloured laces and other such things), but increasingly I've moved away from them, or at least I wear them less than I used to. I like colour and interest but with an already strong patterned jacket, which has a more subtle purple, the socks just seem to be a bit too much and actually detract from my appreciation of the coat and the fit overall, especially because of the additional cyan polka dots. I'd actually like them more either in a fit that was otherwise plainer, or in something really over the top in every way. I don't really go with the 'socks must match your trousers' rule, but I would have liked socks that picked up the purple tones of the jacket in a more sophisticated way - a dark subergine or something like that - or even the red-browns of the overcheck.
Anyway, this is just where my personal sense of aesthetics is going, there's no 'true' or 'false' about it. And it's a minor point for a fit that is, as I said, excellent overall, but when a fit is excellent, I would expect the wearer to be at least interested in what for lesser mortals would be some way down the list of things with which they should be concerned!post #69568 of 787241/28/14 at 9:22pmNo one will see his socks. They have nothing to do with the fit. We only see them because he wanted to show the pants/socks/boot combo, but they in no way detract or add to the top block. imho.post #69569 of 787241/28/14 at 10:59pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 18 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 43 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 48 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 48 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › An Interactive Photo "Review" of M. Andrews shoes 4 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)