Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4618
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69257 of 787241/24/14 at 10:55ampost #69258 of 787241/24/14 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by daDudeson
It's a somewhat old suit and therefore a little loose for my taste. (used to be a bit larger )
But I'm afraid having it altered would throw off the proportions. Happened to me with another older suit that I wanted to have slimmed down a bit.
I'm thankful for any tips regarding this issue?
(I opted against the tie bar as you can see in the second pic)
To my eye it looks nice. It may be a hair too short but that could just be me.post #69259 of 787241/24/14 at 11:35am
Can't quite capture the light blue color of the shirt...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Deets:
SC - Kiton cashmere 3r2
Shirt - Gucci
Tie - Vanda
PS - Wang
Trous - Yount
Shoos - G&G's
Coat - Borrelli
Gloves - RLPL
Edited by ianGP - 1/24/14 at 5:00pmpost #69260 of 787241/24/14 at 11:35ampost #69261 of 787241/24/14 at 11:56ampost #69262 of 787241/24/14 at 12:04pmQuote:
My unsolicited opinion -
1) I think the tie and shirt are too close in color and blend together too much.
2) The color of the corduroy SC isn't my favorite, chalk that up to a matter of personal preference, but I do think the casual nature of the corduroy jacket (especially in that color) is at odds with the french cuffs. I never wear FC unless I'm wearing a suit, I know some people (SugarButch for example) feel differently.
3) Nice boots!Quote:
Pliny, you may have my favorite collection of ties of anyone who regularly posts here.Quote:Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Happy Friday! Icey today here in H-town, so a rare occasion to bust out the camel cashmere overcoat. Also just took delivery of these flannel pants yesterday in three different colors, hopefully get a few more wears out of them before the season is over. Sorry for the crappy fit pic, I need to find my camera, the self timer on my phone never produces anything usable.
Overcoat is a beauty, TC.Quote:
Very nice, GMMcl, especially the jacket. Maybe a hair too much waste suppression if I am nit picking, but no one in the real world would ever notice, so I'll shut up.
Casual Friday for me, but I am sporting these new (to me) Alden chukkas:post #69263 of 787241/24/14 at 12:16pmpost #69264 of 787241/24/14 at 1:00pmpost #69265 of 787241/24/14 at 1:09pmpost #69266 of 787241/24/14 at 1:13pmpost #69267 of 787241/24/14 at 1:48pmpost #69268 of 787241/24/14 at 2:20pmpost #69269 of 787241/24/14 at 2:40pmQuote:
Nice jacket. Is that a wallet in your pants or are you just happy to see us? But for real, the wallet/phone in the front pocket is not a good look.Quote:
Beautiful texture and color. Good job, Don.Quote:
Spectacular. I love the color combo up top.Quote:Originally Posted by Hirsh
It is a gorgeous coat
Is it cashmere, camel, alpaca, or something even more exotic?
How do you keep such light colour clean?
Makes me wish my 14 year old black shearling would wear out so that I could have a new coat (actually I've got a 5 year old practically unworn cashmere lined black Japanese calf bespoke trench when it does, but that also needs retailoring!)
Enjoy keeping warm in your refurbished coat!
Thanks. It's 100% new wool. I just got it so I haven't had a chance to get it dirty yet, but a better question is what are you doing to get your jackets so dirty? All my jackets stay relatively clean.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Boot Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)