or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4614  

post #69196 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Still a lot of snow on the ground.  This is my second go at the dark/light challenge.  I also got my overcoat back from the tailor.  I had the sleeves lengthened and the waist let out.  I need to get the cuffs cleaned though.  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











That coat is beautiful!
post #69197 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Still a lot of snow on the ground.  This is my second go at the dark/light challenge.  I also got my overcoat back from the tailor.  I had the sleeves lengthened and the waist let out.  I need to get the cuffs cleaned though.  












Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

That coat is beautiful!

It is a gorgeous coat

Is it cashmere, camel, alpaca, or something even more exotic?

How do you keep such light colour clean?

Makes me wish my 14 year old black shearling would wear out so that I could have a new coat (actually I've got a 5 year old practically unworn cashmere lined black Japanese calf bespoke trench when it does, but that also needs retailoring!)

Enjoy keeping warm in your refurbished coat!
post #69198 of 78722
Raffaele Caruso SC
Forest green grenadine tie.
Flannels from Oscar Jacobson in Vitale Barberis fabric.
Alden cordovan

I haven't had time to put button for braces on the trousers yet so the clip will have to do for now.



post #69199 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

One of our former regular posters whose name started with a C had the hip issue, and he eventually sorted it out. I wish I could remember his name so you could go back and look at his posts. He was partial to sportcoats and was a graduate student IIRC. Anyone no who I'm talking about?

Citan1145?
post #69200 of 78722

Ted Baker Corduroy Blazer, Thomas Pink shirt, Versace Tie (not pictured - Hermes belt)

 

 

T.M Lewin initial cufflinks. These are super cool huh?

 

 

Gibson London Wing tipped Brogues

 

post #69201 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post
 

Ted Baker Corduroy Blazer, Thomas Pink shirt, Versace Tie (not pictured - Hermes belt)

 

 

I was about to say that's a nice Thomas Pink shirt (and it is) and was going to ask which kind is was as the collar looked quite high for them - until I realised its probably stretched from the camera angle? Would that be right?

 

I used to have about 15 Thomas Pink shirts around ten years ago but I found their quality has gone downhill in recent years... not really worth the money.

post #69202 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
 

I was about to say that's a nice Thomas Pink shirt (and it is) and was going to ask which kind is was as the collar looked quite high for them - until I realised its probably stretched from the camera angle? Would that be right?

 

I used to have about 15 Thomas Pink shirts around ten years ago but I found their quality has gone downhill in recent years... not really worth the money.

 

T.M Lewin** My other pink one is Thomas Pink. I forgot which one I put on! :embar: 

 

I agree with you about TP shirts though. I prefer TM Lewin over TP anyday.

post #69203 of 78722
X-posting from the Friday challenge.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

I was toying with the idea of using my cream jacket today, but couldn't really justify this in the middle of winter even if it is a cashmere/silk mix. What could have been: (Click to show)
AppleMark

Instead I went with this. I kind of threw down the gauntlet in favour of grey jackets yesterday and felt I had to follow through on that......


Details (Click to show)

post #69204 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

X-posting from the Friday challenge.......

Looks good!

That's a great herringbone jacket you've got on!

Who made it for you?smile.gif
post #69205 of 78722

Thats a swish look, Pingson!

post #69206 of 78722
Not posting a pic because Very well worn shirt today!

Anna Matuozzo Carlo Riva bespoke blue end on end shirt
Naked and Famous cashmere jeans

Black shearling coat
Black nubuck sketchers

Neither CM nor street wear, but in bed sick or at the doctor,, so in the middle!!!smile.gif
post #69207 of 78722
End of the week, and not a moment too soon. Overcoat is new.

Sports jacket, shirt, tie, trousers, shoes, overcoat, striped scarf - BB
PS - Ashear
Plain scarf - Zegna
Hat - Selentino


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












post #69208 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

 

T.M Lewin** My other pink one is Thomas Pink. I forgot which one I put on! :embar: 

 

I agree with you about TP shirts though. I prefer TM Lewin over TP anyday.

Agreed. I got a really nice Lewin shirt last week in the sale online, €36 and delivered free to the store. Have another on the way... I think for that kind of money you are getting a fantastic shirt, they wear and wash well; for my own tastes there aren't enough spread collar options and some of their designs could be a little better. But it beats paying €125 for a similar TP shirt.

 

Anyway, me today: Going green. 

 

Suit looks blue in one picture and brown in the other. What gives, iPhone? :puzzled:

post #69209 of 78722

That would be white balance? Light works in weird ways... My teal jeans I wore ysterday looked blue under the lights in the office. Rather odd...

 

TM Lewin are always cheaper online than in the store. £50 off a shirt? And £500 off a £700 suit? Yes please!

post #69210 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post
 

That would be white balance? Light works in weird ways... My teal jeans I wore ysterday looked blue under the lights in the office. Rather odd...

 

TM Lewin are always cheaper online than in the store. £50 off a shirt? And £500 off a £700 suit? Yes please!

Yes I recently got a Lewin shirt for €233 and it was priced at €900 euros or something crazy like that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III